• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Goods Buildings Worth it?

LaGoulue

I just advanced to the VF and have realized that a goods building is a waste of space and resources with all the goods from quests, GbG/GE/Event buildings/etc. that I accumulate. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Johnny B. Goode

This is a realization that all good players come to eventually. Gone are the days of needing Build menu buildings in a city, except to fulfill quests. All resources are easier and safer to acquire through other means. Even when I start a new city, I never use regular goods buildings. And I only use regular coin/supply buildings for the resources for the first couple of ages. By the time I get to the Middle Ages, I have built up enough of both so that I only use supply buildings for quest fulfillment and don't use regular residential buildings at all. Without the need to use coins/supplies to make goods in the regular buildings, there is a diminished need for both. Tech tree needs and quest completions are about it.

Orius Maximus

I haven't relied on goods buildings since I was in EMA and that was around the end of 2016. The game's standard buildings are all outclassed by special event buildings, so once you earn enough of those, you don't need the basics.

Ironrooster

Occasionally, I find a goods building useful for a limited time. When I move up a age/era, I sometimes build them to get to a military technology unlocked for units that I want.

Darkest.Knight

Depending on what u fill your town w/will determine exactly when to get rid of the last goods producing buildings; I deleted all of them including the goods producing GB's.

Pericles the Lion

In order to get out of SAV and into SAJM as fast as I could I decided to age up then build up a surplus of Venus Carbon by building two synthesizers. Prior to that, I did not have any goods buildings since Iron Age. Now, in SAJM, I still have the synthesizers, and a colony full of goods buildings, because of the need to negotiate in GE L5. Going forward, it seems like the need for massive amounts of goods (for Titan) will become the norm.

i would say that goods buildings are less useful with each special building you have. also the fact that they get bigger every age until space age is what really devalues them over special buildings, considering the contrast to what is made over space used. even then only when you hit the space ages the few space synthesizers that would be worth making would be the ones for special goods because they will make what you can now no longer produce in mass.