• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Building Leveling Priority

DreadfulCadillac

Here is a screenshot of a spreadsheet I made that shows the current Leveling Priority for the Great Buildings in my city. I am curious what great buildings you are currently focusing on leveling and why, and I am also curious if you have any feedback about my Leveling Priority for my GBs. My A/D for my Attacking Army is 578/465, and I make around 430 FP/Day from my cities production. I am also in the Contemporary Era. I hope the aforementioned info helps you understand why my priorities are the way they are.

Disclaimer: The rankings within each letter category aren't in a particular order, for example I don't plan on leveling say Blue Galaxy b4 the HC, even if HC is ranked under BG in the B category
Screenshot 2022-06-25 194653.png

Ebeondi Asi

I would say I disagree with your plan. Nothing wrong with it. just not mine.
I would never build Babel. (but i did build Innovation instead)
I threw away Galata Tower I threw away Lighthouse of Alexandria.I threw away St Basil,
My St Marks is at 80 and I would like it to 100. Those Coins buy Forge Points a lot of Forge points the ge more and more as you move up the ages.... (my FP now cost 2.3 million Coins each. no problem I buy hundreds every day with my Coins. )
Truce Tower. I have had a Truce early on. At level ten for a few years well worth owning to get all those higher Era goods for other GBs. Now I keep it to get SAJM (I'm in Venus) and any goods I get from it otherwise are fine by me.
Your list preference does not seem to take into account the high cost of some GB vs others. And that most GBs are rather cheap to get up to to at least level 60 many to 70 with only a small extra cost. it is 70 to 80 and up that costs.

You want AO "to the Moon" but then leave other attack boost GB low in priority (Zeus) ???
Himeji Castle you will want up in time to have a billion supplies for when you hit Artic Era and up. The need for supplies goes up with a higher Himeji, you do not need LoA.

Some Gbs how you play matters CF is the big one. IF you like to do a lot of RQs CF matters. If you don't (I do not) CF is a slightly useful Gb, but not important.
Alcatraz all depends how much you fight? Fight a lot? Traz should be up to 102
Blue Galaxy depends a lot on what you have to work it with.
Temple Of Relics is good at a low level, and leveling up ? it does get a little better, but once at ten, I would do a lot of others long before Tor any higher.
Arc over 80? 80 is good. a lot of players want it higher. i you do a lot of 1.9 then yes Arc as high as you can get it. It gets very expensive. Ihad put off over 80 until I have a lot of others to 100.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

I would say I disagree with your plan. Nothing wrong with it. just not mine.
I would never build Babel. (but i did build Innovation instead)
I threw away Galata Tower I threw away Lighthouse of Alexandria.I threw away St Basil,
My St Marks is at 80 and I would like it to 100. Those Coins buy Forge Points a lot of Forge points the ge more and more as you move up the ages.... (my FP now cost 2.3 million Coins each. no problem I buy hundreds every day with my Coins. )
Truce Tower. I have had a Truce early on. At level ten for a few years well worth owning to get all those higher Era goods for other GBs. Now I keep it to get SAJM (I'm in Venus) and any goods I get from it otherwise are fine by me.
Your list preference does not seem to take into account the high cost of some GB vs others. And that most GBs are rather cheap to get up to to at least level 60 many to 70 with only a small extra cost. it is 70 to 80 and up that costs.

You want AO "to the Moon" but then leave other attack boost GB low in priority (Zeus) ???
Himeji Castle you will want up in time to have a billion supplies for when you hit Artic Era and up. The need for supplies goes up with a higher Himeji, you do not need LoA.

Some Gbs how you play matters CF is the big one. IF you like to do a lot of RQs CF matters. If you don't (I do not) CF is a slightly useful Gb, but not important.
Alcatraz all depends how much you fight? Fight a lot? Traz should be up to 102
Blue Galaxy depends a lot on what you have to work it with.
Temple Of Relics is good at a low level, and leveling up ? it does get a little better, but once at ten, I would do a lot of others long before Tor any higher.
Arc over 80? 80 is good. a lot of players want it higher. i you do a lot of 1.9 then yes Arc as high as you can get it. It gets very expensive. Ihad put off over 80 until I have a lot of others to 100.
Check the level on priority.... Zeus is low priority cause I already got to target level, whereas I still need to get to level 60 smthin on AO. I agree with you on TB/LOA, I may even delete em from my own cities. I have GT cause I got it when it was first introduced, so I took advantage of the sweet spot + people overpaying to level it up for prints lmao.

Thanks for the other input.

Trobb de Grobb

so many questions...we need more information.

Do you have access to a 1.92 swap thread for people with L100+ Arcs? If so then first priority is to level your Arc to 100 which will allow you to level your other GBs faster.

Then CoA seems reasonable.

Do you want to level slowly through the ages or quickly? As you level through those ages you will have a tremendous requirement for supplies. Many people are limited by their supply requirement. You have 2 GBs that can help...your LoA and HC. Do you have a lot of special building that produce supplies and that you will age up as you go? Then maybe LoA would be better. The HC produces an almost stupid amount of supplies and it gives you rewards for fighting (take to L58 or L91...those are the break points)

Do you want to maximize your diamonds? If so, then CF is a priority before moving up in age. The CF increases the diamonds you get from story quests and recurring quests (note: you can only get diamonds once for each recurring quest, then you get medals instead)

I would probably get rid of your ToB...but I don't know enough about your city and goals to make that recommendation for you.

I use my ToR to get me store building/one-up/reno. So, if you plan on aging up quickly then you probably will need a higher level ToR to get you enough of those.

All buildings are an efficient use of FP through the sweet spot if you plan on keeping the GB. If you need the effect or production of a GB then make sure you level it through the sweet spot.

DevaCat

Hi Caddy! I don’t see that your relative rankings on what GBs to improve when are all that bad. Depends on what you’re doing. If you are doing gbg fighting, pushing the AO helps, and you can hold your nose and up the CoA. I put it that way because for me it’s so painfully slow to seem to have any effect, but it’s part of the trifecta fighters need. Do you still have tech tree goods buildings? I find the CF quite useful and well worth upgrading. Given your current Arc level unless you are extremely active in some good 1.x threads, I’d just use it as a fp dump until you get some of the others leveled to 60s or so - then it might be good to up it … all depends on what you’re doing. I’ve taken ToRs into the 30s so far, and find the rewards to be worth it (if you do ge64 every week). HC is a good one to dump extra fps on as you go along. Babel - meh, never built one never will. Looks like you’re on a good path

DreadfulCadillac

so many questions...we need more information.

Do you have access to a 1.92 swap thread for people with L100+ Arcs? If so then first priority is to level your Arc to 100 which will allow you to level your other GBs faster.

Then CoA seems reasonable.

Do you want to level slowly through the ages or quickly? As you level through those ages you will have a tremendous requirement for supplies. Many people are limited by their supply requirement. You have 2 GBs that can help...your LoA and HC. Do you have a lot of special building that produce supplies and that you will age up as you go? Then maybe LoA would be better. The HC produces an almost stupid amount of supplies and it gives you rewards for fighting (take to L58 or L91...those are the break points)

Do you want to maximize your diamonds? If so, then CF is a priority before moving up in age. The CF increases the diamonds you get from story quests and recurring quests (note: you can only get diamonds once for each recurring quest, then you get medals instead)

I would probably get rid of your ToB...but I don't know enough about your city and goals to make that recommendation for you.

I use my ToR to get me store building/one-up/reno. So, if you plan on aging up quickly then you probably will need a higher level ToR to get you enough of those.

All buildings are an efficient use of FP through the sweet spot if you plan on keeping the GB. If you need the effect or production of a GB then make sure you level it through the sweet spot.
I do have access to multiple 1.9 threads (in-guild and inter-guild), but not 1.92 threads, no. I've been going pretty slowly through the ages, only leveling up as needed for expansions. Yeah, the HC is really good for supplies, and the CF can get me more diamonds from the quests, so I'll probably level both of them up before going up an era. I do currently have a major deficit of store buildings/one-up/renos, so yeah I'll need to level up the ToR for those, and for stuff to sell to the AD. Thanks for the help!

Darkest.Knight

Almost no one keeps a TOB and most players get rid of the goods buildings. I deleted 6 GB's over time to make room for better items. Since I've always produced a lot of FP's and have never been short on BP's I've left my arc at 91 so I could help my 2 other guildmates. My personal preference has always been attack/def and FP buildings, I slowly lvl the other buildings, i.e. TOR, HC,CF, BG and FI. Although unpopular in general I like having SMB at 102, I've purchased over 66000 FP's and, although below my peak production I still produce close to 300M coin/day and buy about 90 FP's daily, FP"s cost about 3.3M now, lol.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

I would raise the CoA mainly because it is part of the triad and I find that those three, if kept within a couple levels of each other seem to work better as an attack boost. Or your CoA and AO are only a level apart so maybe do them each 5 levels at a time until you reach your target level. Then CF. Depending on type of guild you are in and how much fighting it does. I would also raise OBS for the treasury goods. Then raise the rest as you feel like it. I would not add any more to the GT.