• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Great Buildings ranking - Feedback

DeletedUser1084

Please tell us what you think of the Great Buildings ranking.

~DA

DeletedUser9732

It is pretty neat. It does make me wish you could sort by Great Building though, i.e. show only the CdMs.

DeletedUser

Personally I think it is AWESOME, LOL. As a leader in my guild, I provide a lot of things for my members, one of the things I do is do a listing of all of our members and the GBs they have in their cities, their levels and FPs as a reference for members looking to donate or etc... I also provide a list of all GBs in the game, and under each GB is a list of all members that own them in our guild this list is for BP hunters. Well this feature just cut down on the time it takes me to update these lists... no more going to each city, and checking each GB by hand LOL. THANK YOU!!!!!

DeletedUser6172

I'm hoping that we'll get a subtotal by player, so that we'll have an additional metric for bragging rights.

It would require a lookup table for the TOTAL FPs associated with each Great Building, level by level plus the progress toward the current level, but then we'd have a summary by Total Forge Points, by player, which would be awesome.

DeletedUser11778

I agree 100% with Katwijk.... a overall/total section would be waaaaay helpful... gives us a way to help encourage newer players to level up their GBs and adds some extra layer of fun competition.

DeletedUser9690

It would be great if in the future we would be able to sort or search by specific Great Buildings or Age instead of only Player.

DeletedUser13967

I like how when you click on a particular building of a player on the list it takes you to the city and opens up the page for that GB. :)
Make it much easier to find those about to level up and see if its worth investing in.

DeletedUser

I think its pretty awesome I thought a lot more people had higher gbs then they do.
id love to see a filter for hood and guild tho.
visiting people close to level up that you cant contribute to makes me sad :(
as others have said I too would like a sort by gb tab as well.

DeletedUser11609

It's really just useless fluff without any type of filter system.
Guild/Friends + the ability to search for certain GB's close to leveling with spots left. Until then, really not useful.

DeletedUser15477

I think it's a very good start to listing GB's, does need a full blown filter though. so you could click on any column to sort or search any aspect of GBs in the search feature. very nice start to a GB tracking system How bout putting a GB button on your home city upper tool bar? plenty of room there and no more 3 - 4 step procedure to see GB's one button and you see the GB's you are helping to raise. :)

zeibal

Nice feature but at the moment it is just an interesting metric. There are a couple of improvements that would take this from being just interesting to making it a useful tool for managing game play:
1. Add the ability to filter by guild or neighborhood. This will allow you to quickly do research and visit to donate FP's.
2. In addition to the filters, add the ability to sort by GB type. In guild this will help the leaders determine which buildings need additional donations or still need to be built. In the neighborhood this will help assess the defensive strength of your neighbors to assist in PvP tournament competition.

DeletedUser15596

The feature needs the ability to filter the list by GBs. If a player is looking to donate to a specific building there is no way to find that building unless you are willing to scrolling through the entire list to find the GB and the level that is the most obtainable.

DeletedUser6172

While we're mentioning things, the list does not include buildings that are in sticks.

DeletedUser10415

Maybe I'm missing something, but all I see is my highest level GB counting on the ranking. The player ranked just above me has the same level 10 Zeus, with the same number of forge points in it. Now if cumulative levels of all GBs were what position is based on, I'd be miles ahead. 65 to their 26. Not that it matters to me, at all. Just seems kind of useless even at what it's trying to do.

DeletedUser13967

Maybe I'm missing something, but all I see is my highest level GB counting on the ranking. The player ranked just above me has the same level 10 Zeus, with the same number of forge points in it. Now if cumulative levels of all GBs were what position is based on, I'd be miles ahead. 65 to their 26. Not that it matters to me, at all. Just seems kind of useless even at what it's trying to do.
If you put the persons name in the search box it will list ALL of that persons GB's

DeletedUser6163

Hey rube, if you are looking at your city, look in the upper left corner. In between your city name and available population there is a horseshoe symbol with a number next to it. The number is your global ranking by points. Click that and from the global rankings you see four different tabs now: Guild, Player, Medals, Great Buildings. By default it will appear on Players, so click the great building tab. It shows your ranking in the world according to your highest level great building.

Also from the same great building tab, notice in the top right corner a "search" function. Type in any players name including your own, to see all their great buildings listed and also their progress in the level.

DeletedUser17270

Your Question: Please tell us what you think of the GB ranking (page) ?

My views -
The database page, a basic query, is unfinished. I can only presume you left it that way intentionally. The query "serch" is for PLAYERS only and llimited to 1 field only ( players ). The other three fields are illustrative, not functional. A field that should be added to the query is Guilds.

Suggestion -

1.- Makie the Query more functional by adding a column for Guilds and then enabling the search function to access all fields. At present, the page is more frustrating than functional. It is 25 % usable and therefore a complete waste of space and time.
2.- PLEASE add the "sort" buttons to the Query but only if you make the Query usable for more than 1 field.
3.- PLEASE adjust the Font tosome size other than 6 - 8 point. 9 pt or 10 pt would be nice, especially for those who might have a few issues with Near sightedness.
4.- Reasons for the reequest shouldn't be necessary for those who should be experts with a program ( this game) which is in essence an applied database. If you are not experts, no insult intended - just an observation, adding sort button and a guild field would enable a player to more quicly find GBs witin a specific Guild and monitor their status. A player could sor specific GB's by level and find specific targets for BP inestment. I could go on but I should't have to do so.

I should proof read this but I won't. I'll leave the mistakes to you as a gift for putting an unfinished, porrly designed database into use and actually calling it something you your group considers well don "we are proud? ".

This is meant to be specific, observable and measurable.