• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Grivus quest

DeletedUser2988

Does anyone know if there are any ill affects if I skip the quest from Grivus that tells me to recruit 3 heavy cavalry and 3 armored infantry? I really hate to skip any quest at all, but for a reward of 2500 coins this just seems like a big waste of time. I'm at least 3 - 4 days away from unlocking either of these, not to mention building and recruiting. I'm just worried that if I skip this one, maybe he won't give me any quests in the future that are actually worthwhile.

DeletedUser

I've skipped a couple like that, one asked me to recruit mounted archers after I had moved on and dismantled that barracks (there was no way I was going to build and recruit them again. just try not to skip too many, some of them have great rewards.

DeletedUser1862

I think I just completed the quest you're talking about, he asks you to train 3 troops of each type of HMA? That is an 'or' statement, I built and trained three LB archers because I was planning on using them for my defense, and it got completed along the way. So I got the coins and it didn't impede me at all. I've actually gotten further quests from him, but I'm pretty sure something like this is not key enough that he wouldn't ask you on another quest later. I've aborted some of the tech tree quests before, and those keep coming up fine, I don't see this one as different.
The only quests that seem like they might follow some kind of line are from the jester, and those tend to end with diamonds or something, so skipping them is probably not a good idea :p