• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guidance on battles

DeletedUser26965

Yours will be the first one I go for when I get to that spot next week.
Just be sure to not the one Knight die before the second round or else all you'll have is rouges lol. I say if you're getting as far as you are anyway you're doing better than most but good luck to you.

DeletedUser14197

I am pretty sure I won it with 2 heavies and 6 rogues. on 2 wave battles, I just can't get brave enough to only have one heavy. I guess I should try it. So many people do it, but I always use 2.

DeletedUser8152

That particular battle I'd try 2 gswords plus rogues. You're not facing any imp guards. I don't usually have that much luck with cannon plus rogues.

DeletedUser25166

Great stuff, thanks. Now we just need a Thread on the Friend Tavern and another proposal for it

DeletedUser25920

I am also at LMA, but have higher attack boost (currently 72%, but could manage the last GE fights when it was somewhat less).

I personally have the problem that if I tried to choose units that match up well specifically against the 1st wave, then they will not match up well against the 2nd wave. So I feel it is better to have a combo that will do ok (ie well enough) against any combination of opponents. Also I find that when using rogues I want them to transform to 'strong' unit (so light or heavy) as the other 3 are too weak defensively. (Else I would have to keep them (the weak units) out of range of the opponents for the whole battle, not always easy/possible)

So I just use 1 Heavy, 1 light and 6 rogues, in all GE battles. The heavy units are stronger, and the light one has better speed to so can reach the enemy artillery faster. Maybe it is not optimal, but it works for me.
Additionally, there is an LMA bonus map on the continent that gives CA units. That is quite helpful :) So for many weeks now I use an unattached Grenadier (CA heavy unit) in GE (plus 1 LMA light, plus 6 rogues). The CA unit is stronger than the LMA ones, so that is helpful; additionally my GE battles count for the CA tower, so I also grab some medals :) (with the new neighborhood system, the whole neighborhood is LMA, so the CA tower has less competition).

So I would suggest that apart from leveling up the attack GB's, you can also try to progress in the LMA bonus map and get those unattached CA units (you would have to be careful with them, as they cannot be replaced. But my unattached grenadier has survived for a few months now, so it is doable).