• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Guild Applications vs Guild Invitations

sirblu

I have search both the forums and WIKI but could find nothing to address this topic. What is the difference between accepting members into a Guild by Invitation vs by Application? I know how the Invitation part works but if I set the Guild up to accept members by application how does that work? If a perspective member sends me a message that they want to join the Guild how do I add them?

DeletedUser

I have search both the forums and WIKI but could find nothing to address this topic. What is the difference between accepting members into a Guild by Invitation vs by Application? I know how the Invitation part works but if I set the Guild up to accept members by application how does that work? If a perspective member sends me a message that they want to join the Guild how do I add them?
If you have it set for Application, they need to go to the guild profile and they should see the option there. Even if you have it set for Application, though, you can still send them an Invitation for them to accept.

sirblu

Thank you so much Stephen - This is very Helpful
If the Guild is set to Application and I send them an invite and they accept - will they be automatically added upon acceptance of the invite?

DeletedUser

Thank you so much Stephen - This is very Helpful
If the Guild is set to Application and I send them an invite and they accept - will they be automatically added upon acceptance of the invite?
Yes.

Lancer

You can also have it set to auto join and then if someone joins you do not want then you can boot them. If you aren't getting a lot of applications or accepted invites, then, this is something you could try.