• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Creating

Should Inno change from when you can create a guild

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Definitely yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely no

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
The amount of 1 or 2 person guilds is way to high. I suggest moving when you can create a guild till they've researched chain of command and unlocked gbg and GE as a guild leader who isn't able to do the main activities of a guild is pretty ridiculous. this would reduce the number of small guilds as by the time they got there they'll hopefully get good advice.

Ebeondi Asi

Players have a right to make a one person Guild. usuallty they like to be alone. There certainly is no problem created by players being alone in a one person Guild,
I would ask why you think that is a problem? In what way does it hinder your play? How does it damage the game?

From my experience there is no issue with tiny Guilds. The main problem are functionally dead Guilds. The the leader is no where to be found by members. Ge is never opened. half the member seldom log it. New players joining such a Guild have not a clue that is is a worthless steaming smelly pile. (But maybe that should be part of the learning experience? I do not not know)
And to my astonishment. they stay! They have no idea they should get out and find a real functioning Guild.

Johnny B. Goode

I agree with @*ebe* on this one. All 13 of my cities are in one person guilds, but they do more than many 40-50+ member guilds that I've visited over the years. Making players wait until further into the game won't accomplish what you want anyway, as there are players like me who prefer one person guilds. I actually didn't start doing one person guilds until I'd been playing for a few years and had advanced at least a couple of cities into Modern Era and beyond. And also, as @*ebe* said, the biggest problem isn't one or two person guilds, it's larger guilds that are stagnant or dormant. Or worse yet, led by those who aren't capable or knowledgeable enough for the job. The stories I could tell about incompetent guild leaders!

Johnny B. Goode

On langendorn us11 there are hundreds of players in BA who created a guild and can't even do GBG or GEx
Well, again as @*ebe* stated, what harm are they doing? I couldn't care less how many one person guilds there are, nor do I care how far along they are or even how competent they are to play the game in the first place. The only time I'm even mildly annoyed by one person guilds is occasionally if I start a new city and want to guild hop. But even then, the guilds that are invite or application only are way more annoying. Otherwise, one person guilds just sit there on the global rankings, which I rarely if ever look at anyway.

Well, again as @*ebe* stated, what harm are they doing? I couldn't care less how many one person guilds there are, nor do I care how far along they are or even how competent they are to play the game in the first place. The only time I'm even mildly annoyed by one person guilds is occasionally if I start a new city and want to guild hop. But even then, the guilds that are invite or application only are way more annoying. Otherwise, one person guilds just sit there on the global rankings, which I rarely if ever look at anyway.
Neither do I care. Forget about too many 1 man guilds. It's a bit ridiculous to create a guild and not be able to do the primary activities of it. If we move the creation of guilds till when they unlock GBG and GE (in IA) they would be able to participate. Also how would a guild leader (assuming no one else has the rights to unlock GEx) Unlock GE for a higher aged member

Darkest.Knight

I'm a 3 member guild with myself being the active player. As such I've found it's relatively easy to play in platinum and occasionally slip up and go to diamond. As I move up I'm placed with other similar performers, the guild size isn't a factor. The one aspect that's a bit of a pain is trading for goods to put up buildings. Personally I've found the changes made to GbG have made it easier, last season I did 5300 fights w/o any difficulty.

I'm a 3 member guild with myself being the active player. As such I've found it's relatively easy to play in platinum and occasionally slip up and go to diamond. As I move up I'm placed with other similar performers, the guild size isn't a factor. The one aspect that's a bit of a pain is trading for goods to put up buildings. Personally I've found the changes made to GbG have made it easier, last season I did 5300 fights w/o any difficulty.
forget what I said earlier about guild size. It just doesn't make sense that a founder isn't able to do the primary activities of a guild.

Johnny B. Goode

Neither do I care. Forget about too many 1 man guilds. It's a bit ridiculous to create a guild and not be able to do the primary activities of it. If we move the creation of guilds till when they unlock GBG and GE (in IA) they would be able to participate. Also how would a guild leader (assuming no one else has the rights to unlock GEx) Unlock GE for a higher aged member
What "primary activities" are you talking about? In my one person guilds I am able to do pretty much everything the founder of a large guild can do. The only thing a one person guild cannot do at this point in time is participate in the weekly GE tournaments, as you need at least 3 members to be eligible for that. I can still do GE/GBG/GvG as much or as little as I wish.

As to your question about how a guild leader would unlock GE for a higher age member, that question really doesn't make sense. A guild leader (in any size guild) unlocks GE levels for all members at once, not for members individually. The only limiting factor is having the necessary guild Treasury goods in each era in which they're required, in sufficient amounts as required. If the guild has a higher era member, but not those goods in the guild Treasury, then the leader(s) need to address that with the higher era member and ensure that either he/she provides the goods necessary or that the member leaves the guild (or gets kicked, if they don't go voluntarily.) Of course, if you're already in the middle of GE that won't help until the next week. (That applies to GBG and the cost of buildings there, too.)