• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Decorations

Zatrikon

I was thinking of posting this as a proposal, but I thought I'd bounce it off everyone here first.

If you've got a Temple of Relics, then you know you wind up getting a lot of "Face of the Ancient" and "Gate of the Sun God". I must have at least a dozen each, and have built and deleted dozens more (for the sake of Happiness quests and the like).

It occurs to me that it wouldn't be all that much work to add other possible decorations like these to the mix, just for aesthetic variety. It wouldn't be a real change to the game, all these decorations are the same - providing the same amount of happiness. All Inno would need is to have an artist design a few new graphic images for the new decorations, and add them into the mix of relics that it's possible to find.

And yes, obviously, I don't want to increase the chance of getting a decoration (as opposed to some other relic), but just to get the same total number of them, but of more variety. So instead of getting 10 FotA's and 10 GotSG's, you'd get maybe only 5 FotA's and 5 GotSG's and 5 "Decoration 3"s and 5 "Decoration 4"s. Just variety, you see.

Some possible decoration ideas (and feel free to add your own if you think this is a good idea):

Sacred Pool - a pool of water with some mysterious tribal decorations around it.
Calendar Stone - a "Stonehenge" like structure
Altar of the Moon Goddess - after all, they probably have more than one god.
Shrine of the Rain God / Pit of the Fire God / etc.
Drum Circle - people sitting in a circle, perhaps around a fire, playing drums.

DeletedUser33297

I'm an art guy and I like the idea Zatrikon. but I dont think Inno is much into doing things for the aesthetic value alone.

All Inno would need is to have an artist design a few new graphic images for the new decorations, and add them into the mix of relics that it's possible to find.

Those artists would have to be paid, and with no return on that investment, you know the drill. :rolleyes:
I wish you luck. ;)

Freshmeboy

Be careful what you wish for...I can just see inno trotting out new decos and replacing...uh, a TF...? in the jade relic because it is now 'rare'....

Zatrikon

I notice they've added some new art for the Incidents in the last release. This is new art only for aesthetic variety. If they can do it for incidents, they can do it for Guild Expedition decorations.

Agent327

What would be the use?

I really don't care what items in my inventory look like and if I use them for happness quests I take them down before they are built.

DeletedUser5493

Please no more gate of the sun god or face of the ancients i'll go crazy !