• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Premium "Prizes" Useless

TroyEdward

Similar to a previous Polling Place thread regarding the excess unusable Event Buildings, I am building up a virtual HORDE of worthless Premium buildings and decorations that I could and would NEVER have enough space to build. In one city alone, I have 15 2x2 Premium decorations in my inventory.

These are becoming more of an extremely insulting and frustrating liability rather than the reward they were intended. Allowing them to be "cashed in" for a Small FP pack would at least give them some relevant value.

DeletedUser14228

Between the constant parade of events and the Guild Expedition there are no longer any rare or special items in this game. Everything is now common and free, including the once rare Renovation Kit and Wishing Well. Really takes away something from the game. But the trend seems to be to dumb these down and give people "free stuff" to keep them happy. Forget having to do any real work for anything or having any patience. Instead of having a birthday once a year you get one every day now so it's no longer special.

Economics 101: If you take away the rarity of something you also take away it's value.

If everybody has 10 of something then it's no longer special and no longer gives anyone an advantage. In other words, it becomes useless. But that's not the point here. What the point is that INNO is just doing what players want which is to remove all challenge, make the game as easy as possible and give away formally rare and special items by the truck load.

DeletedUser27046

Not having enough renokits and store buildings, I won't complain or say much about to many events, I like the concept of holiday events, adds a degree of strategy for the province map and tech tree usage in order to complete the events, without having to age up, but to many of those still makes you age up or quit the event, what ever happened to the color guard camp ? Anyway, the reason for my stopping by here is to moan a little about the GE, am running four worlds and now have a minimum of five cypress trees, up to nine and watchfires, really makes me want to quit it and if it weren't for the occasional fp's that the ToR gives out in the GE, I would consider tearing it down, ever hear the term "rigged" in the forums ? Like having multiple fight buildings that puts a rogue at 145+ and still can't take out a soldier. Or see a shrine as a reward once in awhile, but week after week, I get another clapboard or frame house, but I still keep coming back, so who is the dumber one, I feel a little better now, thanks. :)

DeletedUser26660

Similar to a previous Polling Place thread regarding the excess unusable Event Buildings, I am building up a virtual HORDE of worthless Premium buildings and decorations that I could and would NEVER have enough space to build. In one city alone, I have 15 2x2 Premium decorations in my inventory.

Sounds like my proposal for The Auction House GB would solve this issue nicely, Jaelis will be putting the proposal to general vote in due course so we will see how many people think the same, thanks for post.

wolfhoundtoo

Just so you know that just because it gets put up for a vote and even passes (let's assume a landslide victory) that there is no guarantee that it will be implemented?

SwampMoose

Troy Edward, I "accidentally" learned a trick to deal with too much useless inventory that pays off! You actually build that
useless building you have but immediately "tear it down" before it completes. The game immediately gives you
the same coins and supplies back as if you had paid for them and that increases your spending power! It's a way to put
that "dead weight" to good use right away.

DeletedUser1753

With the only issue being that premium buildings have no return value when sold. Still those deco's are great with all the gain happy quests that you get at least one a week of. build/demo and receive your quest reward.

TroyEdward

Troy Edward, I "accidentally" learned a trick to deal with too much useless inventory that pays off! You actually build that
useless building you have but immediately "tear it down" before it completes. The game immediately gives you
the same coins and supplies back as if you had paid for them and that increases your spending power! It's a way to put
that "dead weight" to good use right away.

Am very aware and make every attempt to Build and Sell any regular buildings as you have suggested. But even that can be VERY DIFFICULT when your city is totally maxxed out on space and you win a 5x4 Recycle wheel and nowhere to build then sell.

BUT. I was commenting more about premium buildings & decorations where for example I am now up to 17 2x2 Flower Arbors in my inventory in one city. USELESS CLUTTER - definitely not a PRIZE!

TroyEdward

UPDATE: I now have 24 2x2 Flower Arbors in one city inventory. I would need SIX EXPANSIONS just to build this one "reward", not counting all the other gifts and "prizes" that are stacking up.

NEWS FLASH- if it cannot be built, sold, used or traded; then, it is simply worthless drivel.