• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition

RIGEL1

Looking for a suggestion...
I was made leader of a troubled guild that I'm trying to turn around. We have players that range from "Space Age Mars" down to "Iron Age". The problem is having the higher era players that don't like playing GE, but the goods from their era are necessary to open the higher levels. I can't make players donate the goods each time nor can I make them add GB that would automatically contribute the goods to the guild. This player does participate in other functions, so just ejecting them for not wanting to play GE is not fair. But, it's also not fair to those that are trying to play GE and can't because the levels aren't open. Not every player is donating goods as well, but will participate in playing guild activities.
Without ousting half the membership, how can this best be handled?
We just made it mandatory to have at least level one of GE finished to maintain being a member. I would prefer not to add even more "rules" that will cause what few members we do have from leaving.
The game is making this into a "unfair" situation.

Pericles the Lion

The game is not doing anything, this is on guild leadership. I agree with @Sharmon the Impaler. You're the leader....so lead. If you do nothing you will probably lose the earlier era players that want to advance. If you tighten up the rules and establish new ones, you might lose some of the more advanced "slugs". Ask yourself, which do you prefer to lead?

Angry.Blanket

I was made leader of a troubled guild that I'm trying to turn around. We have players that range from "Space Age Mars" down to "Iron Age". The problem is having the higher era players that don't like playing GE, but the goods from their era are necessary to open the higher levels. I can't make players donate the goods each time nor can I make them add GB that would automatically contribute the goods to the guild. This player does participate in other functions, so just ejecting them for not wanting to play GE is not fair. But, it's also not fair to those that are trying to play GE and can't because the levels aren't open. Not every player is donating goods as well, but will participate in playing guild activities.
We just made it mandatory to have at least level one of GE finished to maintain being a member. I would prefer not to add even more "rules" that will cause what few members we do have from leaving.
Leave and join a guild where the members give a crap about the other members.

spnnr

Congrats ;
You may want to consider:
i.trying to get the players in few ages/eras without doing irreparable harm - preferably in ages/eras that you have sufficient goods to open GE while you and your TEAM sort out a more long term strategy e.g. lets say you have ppl in Iron age ..but your goods /guild goods buildings like Arcs etc is concentrated in EMA then you ask the Iron Age to go to EMA . If done correctly your guild will have a smaller spread of players across many ages and instead have bunches of them in Ages/Eras your goods generation /treasury supplies cant furnish.​
ii. Run a poll in the guild asking for solutions - that way players will feel they have a say in the solution. It will help if you create an Admin team if you havent already​
iii.Encourage Arcs/SoHS and other buildings that give goods to the guilds.​
iv.While you all are working on the above utilise the market -have players set trades for goods you all need where possible​
v.Recruit - see if you all can recruit players in the ages you need goods for ...even if it means giving them an arc/obs kit or some such.​
vi.Merge with a guild with a better treasury who are looking for members​
vii.It will come a time when you may have to separate players from the guild for the greater good of the guild but once you keep updating the guild members on the situation you may get more support than you currently have etc.​
Best of luck!​

The Lady Redneck

Good for you for caring enough to want to help this guild.

Are you a leader or are you now the Founder of the guild? If you are a leader what is your founder wanting from his guild and what is he/she saying to all this? If they are doing nothing and expecting you to carry the guild and bring it up to parr,it will not work. The Founder is the one who needs to lead and set the rules. And see they are followed with the help of his team of leaders. If he/she will not do that, find yourself a better guild or start your own and take any who you know want to put in the effort with you.

If You are now the Founder, where do you want to take your guild?. What standards do you want your members to attain? You cannot be either a leader or founder and still remain just one of the guys. Put a message out to the whole guild. ask them if they want to play in a dead end guild where no-one pulls together to help everyone grow. Or if they want a guild that will grow together and prosper. If it is the latter then an effort has to be made by everyone. And there is nothing like the friendships and fun you can get out of this game if you are in a guild that works together. If anybody does not want to to put in the effort or go by rules that are common to all good guilds. then they are welcome to go to another guild that suits their style of play. If you are the founder, you are THE BOSS. others will look to you and follow your example. If they see you are scared to take a stand on their behalf they will quickly lose any respect they have for you.

Any player who knows the game at all would have a level 80 Arc, and probably OBS as well by the time they get to PE, as they are standard requirements in any decent guild. Their attack Stats from the other military GBs and event buildings would have them able to auto battle all 4 levels of GE. By the time they get to SAM they should be the guys newer members are turning to for advice. You need to set rules as to how much GE and GBG each member does and that if they do not have a treasury GB to cover their guild dues, then they need to contribute those goods from their own inventory until they do get the GBs built. OK some will weep and wail and try to make you do things their way as the last thing they want is to get out of they self serving comfort zone. But if you are the boss you have to dish out the discipline when it is needed, That includes using the boot if needed.

But taking on a troubled guild like this takes guts. So I wish you all the best. :)