• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expeditons

Mark of Cornwall

Just finished the 48 encounters for the first time, final reward, 100 diamonds,
mansion, high end culture building, no 2 BP's well whoopie do, Inno will have
to up the ante before I go that far again, 48 fights, 2 BP's, skinflints.

DeletedUser14197

Alot of us feel that way. If I can make it without losing attached troops or spending diamonds, without getting too aggravated, I will do it.

DeletedUser11463

The goal of the GE is to help your guild. Not so much for lower players, but those at the higher end of the spectrum can add many points to the guild's value. This will help you eventually with lower cost buildings, speedier troop builds & repairs and a certain amount of free FP's every day. So the items you get could be considered a bonus for helping your guild to progress. Personally, I love GE and play as far as I can get every week.

DeletedUser14197

The goal of the GE is to help your guild. Not so much for lower players, but those at the higher end of the spectrum can add many points to the guild's value. This will help you eventually with lower cost buildings, speedier troop builds & repairs and a certain amount of free FP's every day. So the items you get could be considered a bonus for helping your guild to progress. Personally, I love GE and play as far as I can get every week.

I don't love GE, but it does give me something to do if I am bored. I find some battles frustrating. I don't see any reason why one can't do them for their own personal rewards alone. I kind of doubt many people would do them if they didn't get some kind of personal reward. Maybe I am wrong, but really, you lose troops and some people negotiate and lose more than troops. Some people pay diamonds. No, this is a game, and I think most people are not that selfless that they are simply doing it to help the guild. Helping the guild is a perk. The rewards are more of a motivator for me. My non fighting guilds, may benefit a little from the crowns, like the fps (though it takes a lot of crowns to get to another addition there), but for the cost of opening up the levels, the little bit of savings one gets on building costs, and really if you don't fight ge, who cares if you get shorter healing times. These guild rewards, don't even come close to covering the cost of opening up all the levels. So what I am saying is, they barely help the guilds I am in at all as only one of my guilds does GvG.

That said, I do try to do level one in all 6 of my cities, though I wouldn't lose any sleep if I didn't finish level one. I do them all on auto and since I am only doing level 1, I have plenty of time to retrain and reuse the same troops. So I am probably contributing more than half of the members in any of my guilds.

DeletedUser11463

That's what GE is. I play on two worlds and before GE, I would log on and check everything, then log off. Now I find that I am on quite a bit more especially Tuesday - Thursday playing. I also find that the Tower of Relics is a nice addition. Sure some prizes aren't that good, but twice I've gotten 10 rogues. As I seem to use them up faster than I can get them, that is a wonderful thing. I guess each person sees it differently. I don't lose a whole lot of troops until I get to the end of Level2 and about 1/3 of the way through Level3,

DeletedUser26154

That's what GE is. I play on two worlds and before GE, I would log on and check everything, then log off. Now I find that I am on quite a bit more especially Tuesday - Thursday playing.
Big Bendz is right.

DeletedUser27040

Personally I enjoy it for the same reason as Big-Bendz and Ardak; it gives me something engaging to do in the game other than farm. I don't GvG so it's often: Log in, collect, retask, check messages, then log off. The GE is fun up to where I start to fizzle; then I stop progressing as it does get more frustrating than it's worth.

By the by, what seems to be the recommended age/GB LVL setup in order to consistently get through difficulty 3? I'm currently in the LMA with an 18% attack boost. (I'm more of a merchant than a fighter, but am slowly expanding my army and learning how best to employ it.) I usually clear the first 32 encounters fairly easily using a combination of army and negotiating, but hit a wall faiIrly early in the 3rd level. I can only negotiate from there on in and it gets pretty crazy expensive with all the failed negotiations (as it should).