• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Guild Forum Permissions

DeletedUser185

Can someone tell me what rights each of the Guild Forum Permissions are, what each one grants to the member, I know some are self explanatory. Any help would be much appreciated.

DeletedUser

Hi Wanderer, I can only see one guild right that specifically affects the guild forum, it's the moderator right. Enabling this allows a member to create, delete and adjust the order of sub-forums. It also allows for them to stick, unstick, delete, lock and unlock threads and edit or delete other users' posts. Adding the leader or founder right should also provide enable these abilities. I'm not entirely sure what the trusted right does, sorry, but I presume it will not affect the guild forum.

DeletedUser185

Hi Diggo:

I suppose I am not sure what the trusted, inviter and leader permissions do, I run forums on my websites, but I don't use vbulletin, so not familiar with its features.

The reason I bring this up is someone joined the guild, they were a leader as soon as they joined, who knows why (they are from a different country???), I can't stop them from being a leader either, not real secure to me as far as permissions, not sure what I should do?

I did get the msg they would be updating the forums on July 5th, I assume that would include the guild forums as well???

Appreciate the reply

Hi Wanderer, I can only see one guild right that specifically affects the guild forum, it's the moderator right. Enabling this allows a member to create, delete and adjust the order of sub-forums. It also allows for them to stick, unstick, delete, lock and unlock threads and edit or delete other users' posts. Adding the leader or founder right should also provide enable these abilities. I'm not entirely sure what the trusted right does, sorry, but I presume it will not affect the guild forum.

DeletedUser

In-game forums are completely separate to these external forums. Any update affecting these forums is not connected to anything in-game, including the guild forum.

Those permissions are not for the guild forum, as such, but for the guild itself. Only one of those would appear to relate to the forum, which Diggo already mentioned as being the moderator.

I think inviter is pretty obvious, that person is able to invite other players but nothing else. Leader and founder will probably have more or less the same rights, just founders have power over the leaders' rights. All members of my guild have every rank, including founder, but since I can't touch anyone else's rights I assume only the original founder has power over other founders. Trusted is probably just a symbol of status more so than a useful rank. I don't know any of that for certain, just my assumptions.

DeletedUser185

Thanks for the input Scarecrow, but I really think these permissions should be outlined in a bit of detail, think about it, if guild battles are going to be implemented, then now we have an issue of "spies amongst us". Should a creator, moderator, leader even trust a new member until they can show they are not a spy?

I have a couple other posts here in the forums, #1, Can you change guilds, answer Yes. #2, a member came into my guild with leader permissions (I think this one is a bug, because I can't (even as the creator), remove his permissions)). I reported as a bug.

But yes, I think an outline should be posted as to what permissions are given to each, especially if you are posting "Guild Secrets or Tips" and ya don't want spies infiltrating...lol

What ya think????

In-game forums are completely separate to these external forums. Any update affecting these forums is not connected to anything in-game, including the guild forum.

Those permissions are not for the guild forum, as such, but for the guild itself. Only one of those would appear to relate to the forum, which Diggo already mentioned as being the moderator.

I think inviter is pretty obvious, that person is able to invite other players but nothing else. Leader and founder will probably have more or less the same rights, just founders have power over the leaders' rights. All members of my guild have every rank, including founder, but since I can't touch anyone else's rights I assume only the original founder has power over other founders. Trusted is probably just a symbol of status more so than a useful rank. I don't know any of that for certain, just my assumptions.

DeletedUser1009

these permissions sound an awful lot like permissions not for the forums but for titles within guilds. They are very similar to titles given in another game I played several years ago called Napoleonic War. I googled it to see if I could find anything in their forums however the game either got sold or has completely reset. It was not advertised as caplay back then-I played server 4. I seem to remember there was only one founder/leader, and his level controlled how many people could be in thier guild. Founder/leader could be transferred to another player. They could invite, boot, give titles to and control how special bonuses that were given to the most active guilds were handed out. Trusted could do all of the above except handle the bonuses. Inviter could only invite others to the guild.

Take that as free advice, as I have zero clue whether that's how it will play out here.

DeletedUser

I have a couple other posts here in the forums, #1, Can you change guilds, answer Yes. #2, a member came into my guild with leader permissions (I think this one is a bug, because I can't (even as the creator), remove his permissions)). I reported as a bug.
That sounds like a good idea :) No-one should be able to come in with leader permissions, but if they did, they wouldn't be able to be demoted until after the most recent patch!

DeletedUser185

If I create a forum and mark it HIDDEN, will I be able to allow other members, such as mods see this hidden forum without the rest of the members seeing it???

That is what I am trying to set up, got a couple folks trying to help me test....lol

That sounds like a good idea :) No-one should be able to come in with leader permissions, but if they did, they wouldn't be able to be demoted until after the most recent patch!

DeletedUser55

i believe that is what the trusted flag is for. not 100% but in other innogames games that is one of the effects of trusted.

DeletedUser185

Okay, here is what I have found out. I had to issue Leader permissions in order for someone to view a hidden forum, none of the other permissions (other than founder) would allow them to see the hidden forum.

Still trying to find out what permissions this gives them pertaining to the guild itself, will update as I go...lol

I hope this helps someone else out.

DeletedUser

I assume when the Wiki is released it will outline these roles exactly, as it's being written by the developers.

DeletedUser185

It would be nice, the downed PvP has been good for as far as testing different things, it really sucks though if you want to create a hidden forum and have to grant Leader rights for anyone to view it. But that is an issue between the game developers choosing vBulletin, the flash add-on they are using in the development and so on.

I still think it is awesome of what is offered. I just wish they would ad some type of "last login date" some where so we could watch non-active players....

DeletedUser

Let's see
Founder: I assume gives you all the rights and if given to someone else let's them do whatever the original guild founder can do.
Leader: Probably let's people change other people's ranks or rights like inviter, moderator, trusted, etc.
Moderater: They are the over seers of the in game guild forums but I believe the right to make new forums in it is solely reserved for leaders.
Inviters: well that's obvious, they have the right to invite other people to the guild
Trusted: I don't know what it does if it does anything, so far it sounds like it has no real purpose other than as a possible way to mark people as a higher rank in the guild without giving them rights to anything else.

DeletedUser

Trusted should be for the hidden forum. If you click it, it removes the / from the eye. Now he can see. :)

DeletedUser1692

The trusted button, though I do not know of physical changes, does make a new guild member feel welcome, and not unloved.

DeletedUser1645

While it doesn't define "notifier", the rest of the ranks are semi-explained :D Straight from the Wiki:

The guild can be administered with several rights, or roles/permissions as described below:

Founder
- Can do everything
Leader
- Moderator/Inviter/Trusted rights
- Can change guild flag
- Can change guild description
- Can administer forums (creat/edit sub-forums)
Inviter
- Can invite members
- Can edit non hidden forums
Trusted
- Can view/use "hidden" forums

Now, is this all (still) true to date? Not sure. & it's certainly incomplete. But that tends to be the nature of wikis unless developers jump on board & it hasn't been my experience so far with FoE that the developers have the will or time to get into minutia (no matter how important it is to me) at this time. So, for now, I have left all of my guildies with no permissions until we are all clear what responsibilities/privileges each permission grants.

Last edited by a moderator: