• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Jumpers

DeletedUser28287

I've had many players jump into my guild and immediately quit. I'm fairly certain that they are joining guilds to avoid paying FP in the market and then simply quitting. The most discouraging event was with a fellow named SirBF. I had reported him shortly after it happened. Is there anything you kind sir's could edit in something that could prevent this besides me having to switch to an application-only or invite-only guild?

DeletedUser8152

I've had many players jump into my guild and immediately quit. I'm fairly certain that they are joining guilds to avoid paying FP in the market and then simply quitting. The most discouraging event was with a fellow named SirBF. I had reported him shortly after it happened. Is there anything you kind sir's could edit in something that could prevent this besides me having to switch to an application-only or invite-only guild?
We need formal proposals to use a standard format, see the link in my signature. For now I'll move this to Forge Hall for discussion.

But on the topic: I would say that application/invitation only guilds are exactly the mechanism to prevent guild jumping. If you don't want people able to freely join your guild, why be in a guild with open admissions?

DeletedUser3679

Since the fp paid simply disappears (it does not go to the other party trading) why would you care? You got the trade you wanted, why is it discouraging? And as for reporting him, what the heck did he do wrong? It's certainly within the rules.

DeletedUser28143

Many people guild jump they do it to hunt for blue prints by aiding everyone in the guild, making any trades that are good, then move to the next guild, you can eliminate this by making your guild invitation only.

BruteForceAttack

Many people guild jump they do it to hunt for blue prints by aiding everyone in the guild, making any trades that are good, then move to the next guild, you can eliminate this by making your guild invitation only.

Additionally, If you have Seed Vault GB, with guild jumping you can score lot of goods as well. Nice trick when you are returning home.

DeletedUser10415

Also, guild hopping is a way to make quick coin for those without much of it. It's a strategy I recommend for Bronze Age Players. As others have stated though, if you don't like guild hoppers for some reason, change your guild to application or invite only.

DeletedUser28015

I've had many players jump into my guild and immediately quit. I'm fairly certain that they are joining guilds to avoid paying FP in the market and then simply quitting.

Are you frequently fairly certain of things for which you have no evidence? Why are you fairly certain of it, aside from being ignorant of all the other reasons that people guild hop? And if this is their reason, then so what? It's no skin off your nose. Why would you want to prevent your guild members from having their trades accepted?

The most discouraging event was with a fellow named SirBF.

Calling someone out by name for doing something harmless (and in fact helpful to your guild) and totally within the rules is very low class.

I had reported him shortly after it happened.

Reported him? For what? No harm was done to you or anyone else.
You should be reported for abusive reporting.

Is there anything you kind sir's could edit in something that could prevent this

Are you proposing that anyone who joins your guild shouldn't be allowed to leave? Or should Inno implement ESP or time travel in order to block users from joining a guild that they intend to leave?

besides me having to switch to an application-only or invite-only guild?

those seem like appropriate options.

You tagged this with "cheats" and "unfair trade", neither of which are remotely valid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jase249

I agree with the previous posters. Just join a guild that's invite or application required and the problem is solved. This is not a difficult problem to fix.

DeletedUser11463

I like when people jump into the guild and aid everyone and then leave. Great way to get some free aiding and don't have to do any back. And taking trades are cool too. In some cases the guild may be short in one good type and this person then takes a bunch of those trades bringing in many new goods that were needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

spnnr

If you don't want people able to freely join your guild, why be in a guild with open admissions?

I suspect it might have to do with trying to strike a balance between passive recruitment (ppl coming in and hopefully they stay) and protecting their guild secrets after all its a war game. That said the control of the threads may solve that, though I remember sitting outside after joining a guild for a week or two with no guild chat at all -until some one had pity on me and gave me access to the guild forum.

DeletedUser8152

I deleted some off-topic posts. Please keep the discussion relevant to the game.

DeletedUser26154

I don't understand the problem, they jump in aid everyone and leave. How is aiding everyone hurting you? I can't believe you thought this was report worthy

I would love having a daily rotation of fifty additional M/P'ers.
I think it's more about coming in, taking good trades, then leaving.
That can be a problem.
I'm a heavy marketeer player so I can see the problems guild jumpers and guild markets can create.
For several months I was the go-to guy for Fertilizer.
If random people came in, scooped up all my Fertilizer trades, then left, over and over, it would have been destructive.
A lot of my regulars would have been badly hurt.

images.jpg

Out of habit I tend to accept trades rather than set them, because of my being used to that.
After awhile you get a feel for your market.

DeletedUser27889

That can be a problem.
Yes I see how that could be. But I think the opposite may also be true, as most people tend to post the trades they need and pick up the trades their guild mates need since theres no FP needing to be surrendered. I think for just as many times a trade was taken with the intent it go to someone else, a trade was taken by someone hoping it would be taken by anybody... If that makes sense.
Out of habit I tend to accept trades rather than set them, because of my being used to that.
I think this is the perfect way to get around that being an issue. This way should someone jump and take a trade they would be doing that guild member a favor and not a disservice.

DeletedUser9433

That can be a problem.
I'm a heavy marketeer player so I can see the problems guild jumpers and guild markets can create.
If random people came in, scooped up all my Fertilizer trades, then left, over and over, it would have been destructive.

View attachment 2493

After awhile you get a feel for your market.
You should have been filling trades then, not posting them, not really a problem except one you create on your own.

DeletedUser8152

In general, you should only post unfair trades in your favor. If you want to give a guildie fertilizer at a beneficial rate, have them post the trade.

As Jenny said :)

DeletedUser28015

That can be a problem.

But none of this ever happened, there is merely someone who is "fairly certain" that this was the motivation for guild hoppers, absent any evidence.

DeletedUser28287

Since the fp paid simply disappears (it does not go to the other party trading) why would you care? You got the trade you wanted, why is it discouraging? And as for reporting him, what the heck did he do wrong? It's certainly within the rules.
It's unbecoming of those who take advantage of others who are simply trying to build a larger guild and help their true guild members prosper properly. Guild Jumping contributes to elitist players who are very far in the game and discourages those who are trying to build a new guild. If this is not corrected, we will eventually have very few guilds that are worth applying to and a high percentage of players who may never join a guild because the only choices they have are the few that CHEAT.

DeletedUser28287

Being on the internet does not disqualify the difference between right and wrong.