• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild member presence

Snobbynose

Is there any way of knowing (as guild leader) when your guildies are online so we can coordinate attacks in GbG?

Johnny B. Goode

Yes. Ask them in the guild message thread. If they're on and they want you to know, they'll tell you. Otherwise it's none of your business when other players are online, even if they're in your guild.

The Lady Redneck

This is a game people play in their free time. They owe none of that to you other than what THEY wish to give. You could try aproaching them as a prospective employer. Set up a works contract specifying the terms and conditions, working hours, vacation times, health cover etc and what the salary levels will be for different positions you wish them to apply for. You may have more success of that working than you will of getting INNO to break privacy law by giving you access to such information.

xivarmy

If you're looking for more impromptu coordination, an external service like a guild discord channel may be a better way. The problem with asking "is anyone on now?" in game is that even if someone *is* on now, they may not notice that message for some time - either because they're only half there or are absorbed in some other feature.

Where a post to discord will give them a notification for the message that in my experience is much easier to notice if they want to. i.e. if they're playing on an alt world at the time and would be willing to come back because something's up.

WillyTwoShoes

Is there any way of knowing (as guild leader) when your guildies are online so we can coordinate attacks in GbG?
I had a mobile user tell me that when they are in the GBG venue they have a display that shows what players are active at that time. I'm just seeing this but I'll go back and ask them for clarification.

Pericles the Lion

I had a mobile user tell me that when they are in the GBG venue they have a display that shows what players are active at that time. I'm just seeing this but I'll go back and ask them for clarification.
They are probably referring to the "GBG Overview" in FOEHelper which shows GBG activity by member in real time.

reddevil333

As a guild leader, when we need to coordinate as strike in GBG, we post the time and the sector to be hit. It works quite well. Those that want to fight show up.

Disgruntled Veteran

I love the range of responses here.

However, if suggested to Inno and they approve, they could easily add something that can be toggled on/off to show when players are online. Consoles had that feature for yrs if not decades, as well as most if not all social media platforms. Just sayin’

Pericles the Lion

However, if suggested to Inno and they approve, they could easily add something that can be toggled on/off to show when players are online. Consoles had that feature for yrs if not decades, as well as most if not all social media platforms. Just sayin’
Just because they can does not mean that they should

Disgruntled Veteran

Just because they can does not mean that they should

Why not? If people have the freedom to turn it off then what’s the issue? No one would be forced to display that they’re online. However, it would give the option to those who wish to.

They could even make it better than simply on/off. They could make it display to your guildmates only, guildmates and friend list only, or for those that don’t care everyone on the server.

LMAO, You really have a tough time being open-minded, don’t you?

Graviton

Why not? If people have the freedom to turn it off then what’s the issue? No one would be forced to display that they’re online. However, it would give the option to those who wish to.

They could even make it better than simply on/off. They could make it display to your guildmates only, guildmates and friend list only, or for those that don’t care everyone on the server.

LMAO, You really have a tough time being open-minded, don’t you?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It has nothing to do with being open-minded, it has to do with preferring that one's presence isn't publicly declared, and preferring not to have to worry about flipping a toggle. Plus we old timers have seen this suggestion suggested about a dozen times over the years and the overwhelming consensus was against it. I doubt that has changed.

UBERhelp1

If it's added, and it's up to the player to choose when to allow other players to know they're online... what's the difference from just asking in chat if that player is on?

xivarmy

If it's added, and it's up to the player to choose when to allow other players to know they're online... what's the difference from just asking in chat if that player is on?
the player still has to notice. which granted whatever you want them for you have to have them notice too. but it'd make a difference between "guess noone's around" and "well I know people are around - maybe give it 10 more minutes to see if they reply".

A common middleground used in another game I play is that guild members (leader or not) can at least see a count of how many people are online now - not who they are, but whether there's people around at least.