• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild only forum

Victoria and Albert

Is there a way to access the guild forum from a cell/mobile device? I can only seem to find it on my laptop and I would love to post messages to a guild only page but am limited by the number of players who only use their phones to play.

DeletedUser

Is there a way to access the guild forum from a cell/mobile device? I can only seem to find it on my laptop and I would love to post messages to a guild only page but am limited by the number of players who only use their phones to play.
No, and as a guild leader it is very frustrating to me. Compounding the problem is the limitations of the mobile message center, with very few messages visible and limited scrolling capability within a thread.

DeletedUser31335

People that play on mobiles and tablets can access the game forum so why isn't there a guild only forum for these devices?

DeletedUser3882

There is a workaround on mobile. See below.

Guild forums *are* available via Mobile, although via a workaround quoted above.

This *does* work via mobile CHROME browser and you do need to cancel the App Store popup, then select the (...) dots/settings an select “request desktop site.” Does *NOT* work via Safari on I-devices. Your results may vary using other browsers.

Being that you can only log in on one device at a time, accessing this whilst playing the game will log you out of browser/mobile access and vice versa; logging into the game via normal means will log you out of the forums.

E57680F2-4FB3-46A2-B1D1-48978715AE02.jpeg

DeletedUser3882

Being that the functionality is there, it *should* be very easy to implement a link or something in game that allows one to access both simultaneously.

Doesn’t have to be much at all to appease many. I’m thinking much like the “contact support” process in mobile that opens up a separate web page.

The method above does work, with all forum functionality intact, but as it’s not “officially” supported, logging in to the forums logs you out of the game and going back to the game logs you out of the forums forcing you to restart the whole process...

DeletedUser31335

I tried this on my Kindle. It works pretty well. Both tabs are open and I can play the game on one tab an view the forum on the other. I can even close the game tab and the guild only still remains without logging out. The Kindle uses the "Silk" browser.

DeletedUser3882

I tried this on my Kindle. It works pretty well. Both tabs are open and I can play the game on one tab an view the forum on the other. I can even close the game tab and the guild only still remains without logging out. The Kindle uses the "Silk" browser.
So the kindle/silk browser allows you to access the browser version of the game?? With GvG?? Not running the app/mobile version?!?

DeletedUser29726

This is pretty ambitious. I think even if I went through all these steps, I doubt if I could convince 25 people to go through it too. I still wonder why there is no EASY guild forum access!

Because like many legacy features, they haven't gone through the work to port it to mobile. Some have been scrapped entirely (like treasure hunt). Some have been redone on both mobile/browser (Message System). Some have just been left as they are and ignored (like Chat, GvG, and guild forum).

As for accessing the browser version from a mobile device, this is doable but it often doesn't run great - you need a browser that can masquerade as if it's a desktop browser so the site doesn't try to block you. You used to need a browser that supported Flash, but now html 5 might be enough (though from what i've heard that wasn't working last i heard on Puffin which is the one I've used to play the flash version on a mobile device).

DeletedUser31335

This is pretty ambitious. I think even if I went through all these steps, I doubt if I could convince 25 people to go through it too. I still wonder why there is no EASY guild forum access!
Yes it is a bit of a hassle how ever if you have a guild only forum this is the only way to access it from either a phone or tablet for now. Since this is a web based game there isn't any reason not to access it from a browser like PC players do. Accessing the guild only forum from another tab is a bit more time to login. All this just has to be done once.

DeletedUser31335

So the kindle/silk browser allows you to access the browser version of the game?? With GvG?? Not running the app/mobile version?!?
I don't do GVG but what I did play it worked so far. I was able to access the game via the silk browser which is the default browser for Kindle fire hdx7. I could not download the app version because Amazon refuses to put the google play app in it's store. Even accessing the app via the web Google says it must access the download from it's play app. It a catch 22 type of thing.