• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild rankings

DeletedUser

Guild ranking is determined by Prestige Points. One way to acquire Prestige Points is to take and hold GvG territory. You get a certain amount of daily power points for this, which is translated into Prestige Points. The other way is through the guild's level. There are a certain number of Prestige Points added to your daily total to determine your ranking. The number of points added increases as your guild's level increases. Guild Expedition indirectly contributes to this, because you are accumulating Guild Power Points each week, which in turn gradually increases your guild's level.

DeletedUser

Hall of Fames produce crowns also and your neighbors can be plundered . Bazaar also has an option (can't remember how long it takes) to make crowns.

Victoria and Albert

Thank you! But what determines the amount of prestige points a guild gets? Is it the number of people? Their individual point value? GBs? How active they are? The age they are in?
I am asking because in our new guild we immediately have players who do not m/p, don't contribute gbs, aren't friends, don't do expedition, and one player hasn't played since the day he joined the guild, 2 weeks ago. But booting them would be losing their accrued points, right?

DeletedUser8152

As Stephen said, it is just gvg and guild level. If you kick someone who isn't contributing to either of those then it won't affect you ranking.

Victoria and Albert

Thank you. I am having trouble understanding how my guild's ranking keeps plummeting. A couple weeks ago we were at 512 and everyday we sink further despite gaining a couple members, having a couple of us advance to the next age, winning a couple trophies at tournament, throwing myself into expedition and having several GBs between us. I am the only consistent fighter so I am reluctant to begin gvg but is there any way to stop this descent?

DeletedUser8152

Thank you. I am having trouble understanding how my guild's ranking keeps plummeting. A couple weeks ago we were at 512 and everyday we sink further despite gaining a couple members, having a couple of us advance to the next age, winning a couple trophies at tournament, throwing myself into expedition and having several GBs between us. I am the only consistent fighter so I am reluctant to begin gvg but is there any way to stop this descent?
The only thing you mention that is relevant to ranking is GE, since that provides power points for leveling your guild. So perhaps you need to get more guildmates to do more GE. Though it is true that being in a higher age yields more power points from GE, so that does help too.

wolfhoundtoo

You guild rank is falling because other guilds are growing faster.

DeletedUser26965

(tl;dr Level up guild, gain and hold GvG sectors)

Trying to put it another way from how I understand it to be. Your guilds Rank will go up as your guild level goes up but only so much as each level is only worth 25 Prestige points. So your guilds level is 2 right now and as such your guild has 50 Prestige, when you reach level 3 your guild Prestige will go up to 75 and you will then surpass all the other guilds with 50 Prestige points which should put you somewhere in the 514+ rank, all things being equal at that time of course. Other guilds are more likely leveling faster than your guild right now so that is pushing you further down the ranking list, in other words as of now your guild is not descending, other guilds are ascending past yours.

Now the only way to go beyond that base Prestige level of 25 for each guild level is to own GvG sectors. So let us take your level 2 guild and add one GvG sector worth 15 Power, you can see the Power of a sector by hovering over it. That 15 power will then be added to your prestige and instead of being 50 it will now be 65. So in effect this 15 extra power you get, as long as you hold the sector, will keep being applied to your Prestige daily and you will remain at 65 thereby keeping you above all the guilds with 50 Prestige and higher in the ranking list. The more power from GvG the more prestige added the higher the rank.

Here is an example of the above from your world. Notice here the guild Rumination is a level 5 guild so that is 125 Prestige points yet they have 141.

Rank example with GvG sector - Copy - Copy.PNG
http://foestats.com/us/us21/guilds/?server=us21&world=Vingrid

They have 141 Prestige because they own a GvG sector worth 16 Power which in turn puts them ahead of all the other level 5 guilds without GvG sectors;

gvg sector - Copy.PNG

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_levels
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_Ranking
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guilds#Guild_Ranking
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_vs_Guild

To level up your guild do GE, GvG and have players with HoF's, the other special buildings that produce guild power are worth very little relative to those.

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Special_buildings

Last edited by a moderator:

Victoria and Albert

Guild ranking is determined by Prestige Points. One way to acquire Prestige Points is to take and hold GvG territory. You get a certain amount of daily power points for this, which is translated into Prestige Points. The other way is through the guild's level. There are a certain number of Prestige Points added to your daily total to determine your ranking. The number of points added increases as your guild's level increases. Guild Expedition indirectly contributes to this, because you are accumulating Guild Power Points each week, which in turn gradually increases your guild's level.

Victoria and Albert

Thank you!

Victoria and Albert

(tl;dr Level up guild, gain and hold GvG sectors)

Trying to put it another way from how I understand it to be. Your guilds Rank will go up as your guild level goes up but only so much as each level is only worth 25 Prestige points. So your guilds level is 2 right now and as such your guild has 50 Prestige, when you reach level 3 your guild Prestige will go up to 75 and you will then surpass all the other guilds with 50 Prestige points which should put you somewhere in the 514+ rank, all things being equal at that time of course. Other guilds are more likely leveling faster than your guild right now so that is pushing you further down the ranking list, in other words as of now your guild is not descending, other guilds are ascending past yours.

Now the only way to go beyond that base Prestige level of 25 for each guild level is to own GvG sectors. So let us take your level 2 guild and add one GvG sector worth 15 Power, you can see the Power of a sector by hovering over it. That 15 power will then be added to your prestige and instead of being 50 it will now be 65. So in effect this 15 extra power you get, as long as you hold the sector, will keep being applied to your Prestige daily and you will remain at 65 thereby keeping you above all the guilds with 50 Prestige and higher in the ranking list. The more power from GvG the more prestige added the higher the rank.

Here is an example of the above from your world. Notice here the guild Rumination is a level 5 guild so that is 125 Prestige points yet they have 141.

View attachment 4113
http://foestats.com/us/us21/guilds/?server=us21&world=Vingrid

They have 141 Prestige because they own a GvG sector worth 16 Power which in turn puts them ahead of all the other level 5 guilds without GvG sectors;

View attachment 4114

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_levels
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_Ranking
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guilds#Guild_Ranking
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_vs_Guild

To level up your guild do GE, GvG and have players with HoF's, the other special buildings that produce guild power are worth very little relative to those.

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Special_buildings
This actually makes me feel better. I was thinking it was something I could control and wasn't doing well. I'll have to just be patient until the rest of my guild wants to gvg.
New question: how long does a player get to be inactive? Will FOE boot someone out of FOE for inactivity?

DeletedUser25273

If the player is low age, AND doesn't have many diamonds, AND they don't even log in for a period of time then their city will get deleted. Someone else may find the exact numbers. This prunes out many of the people who start, play just a bit and then quit, but there are still many inactive players around whose cities will stay around because the advanced to far for the auto-delete.

If you have players who seem inactive, and you guild is filling up, or the inactivity makes it seem that being inactive is acceptable behavior, then it it probably best to kick them from the guild, maybe first trying to contact them to see if they are inactive.

DeletedUser

It's actually just the low age and haven't visited that world for a period of at least 30 days. I have had multiple cities deleted, without requesting it, because they were low age and I abandoned them while still playing on other worlds. And I almost always have over 1000 Diamonds.

However, as guild founder, you can kick anyone in your guild at any time. I kick anyone that goes over 7 days inactive without notifying leadership in advance. You can tell this by going to the guild page and click on the member tab. As a leader, you will see a dot on each player's line. If that dot is yellow, they haven't been active for at least 2 but less than 7 days. If that dot is red, they have been inactive for at least 7 days.

Duchess Melusina

Thank you!
GE does not "in-directly" contribute to guild prestige but directly to it. My guild is currently level 10 and rank 185 after only 18 weeks and with only 12 members. We are furious GE warriors and have 100% participation every week , with close to 80% completion to 3 levels. You do not have to do GvG to obtain ranking or points for your guild. Oh and most of our members are below Colonial Age.

Victoria and Albert

GE does not "in-directly" contribute to guild prestige but directly to it. My guild is currently level 10 and rank 185 after only 18 weeks and with only 12 members. We are furious GE warriors and have 100% participation every week , with close to 80% completion to 3 levels. You do not have to do GvG to obtain ranking or points for your guild. Oh and most of our members are below Colonial Age.
Thank you!

DeletedUser28433

It's actually just the low age and haven't visited that world for a period of at least 30 days. I have had multiple cities deleted, without requesting it, because they were low age and I abandoned them while still playing on other worlds. And I almost always have over 1000 Diamonds.

However, as guild founder, you can kick anyone in your guild at any time. I kick anyone that goes over 7 days inactive without notifying leadership in advance. You can tell this by going to the guild page and click on the member tab. As a leader, you will see a dot on each player's line. If that dot is yellow, they haven't been active for at least 2 but less than 7 days. If that dot is red, they have been inactive for at least 7 days.
"Go red You go dead"