• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Guild Treasury (Arctic Future Goods)

DeletedUser12810

Is there any plans to do something with the Arctic Future goods in our Guild treasury? I am collecting an abundant amount of Arctic Future good and can do nothing with them. Observatory and Atomium's are pretty useless for Arctic Future players. I would love to see a Arctic Future GVG map, or have the Great buildings producing Future era good again.

Thanks,
DaiShan

DeletedUser9433

Seems like a good place to restate that under no circumstances should a player be able to have their cake and eat it too. In other words if you just couldn't wait to reach the Arctic then you must accept that the goods will be plentiful in the treasury and wait for the goods need to arise. I stayed in FE for this reason primarily.

DeletedUser8152

Seems like a good place to restate that under no circumstances should a player be able to have their cake and eat it too. In other words if you just couldn't wait to reach the Arctic then you must accept that the goods will be plentiful in the treasury and wait for the goods need to arise. I stayed in FE for this reason primarily.
Well, this sounds more like we are allowed to have our cake but not allowed to eat it.

DeletedUser9433

Well, this sounds more like we are allowed to have our cake but not allowed to eat it.
Not really, everyone knew the limited (and early on) the non-existent value of Arctic goods so you had a simple choice to make. Either rush right in guns a blazing or be patient, I ground the flour, grew the yeast, lit the fire hand molded the cake-pan and baked my own cake so I could enjoy it. You on the other hand went to Walmart and discovered they were out of cake, not my fault.

DeletedUser8152

Not really, everyone knew the limited (and early on) the non-existent value of Arctic goods so you had a simple choice to make. Either rush right in guns a blazing or be patient, I ground the flour, grew the yeast, lit the fire hand molded the cake-pan and baked my own cake so I could enjoy it. You on the other hand went to Walmart and discovered they were out of cake, not my fault.

I'm not trying to argue with your point that advancing to AF was our own decision. I'm just saying that the situation at present is not "have your cake or eat it," that would be someone wanting to use their goods and to keep them. In fact there's is no way to use your goods. So more like "Buy a cake or don't, but you can't eat it either way."

In a bigger picture though, the problem is that when the Obs, Atomium and Arc were put in the game, it was indicated that their goods bonuses would be useful if your guild was doing GvG. At the time I built those buildings, I had no way to know that continuing to age up would render them ineffective (though the arc of course remains valuable.)

Also, it was certainly very smart of you to leave a large number of unfinished techs so that you could continue to participate in events and quests without advancing. I wish that I had as well. But I don't think that was something we got any clear warning about ahead of time.

DeletedUser9433

I'm not trying to argue with your point that advancing to AF was our own decision. I'm just saying that the situation at present is not "have your cake or eat it," that would be someone wanting to use their goods and to keep them. In fact there's is no way to use your goods. So more like "Buy a cake or don't, but you can't eat it either way."

In a bigger picture though, the problem is that when the Obs, Atomium and Arc were put in the game, it was indicated that their goods bonuses would be useful if your guild was doing GvG. At the time I built those buildings, I had no way to know that continuing to age up would render them ineffective (though the arc of course remains valuable.)

Also, it was certainly very smart of you to leave a large number of unfinished techs so that you could continue to participate in events and quests without advancing. I wish that I had as well. But I don't think that was something we got any clear warning about ahead of time.
You are eating the cake by being in a higher age with more benefits, you are trying to say the goods are the cake but I was referencing the age. The buildings only became ineffective by your choice, they haven't changed one iota, your decision changed their value to your city.

As for leaving techs blank it initially was mostly by accident as I rarely completed a tech that didn't branch off in order to save FP's at the time, more recently of course it became intentional. Someday I will run out and need to either advance or not complete an event. Either decision I may make you will never hear me complain about making it or the obvious consequences.

DeletedUser8152

I am not saying the current setup is unfair, which seems to be what you are arguing against. As you say, anyone who advances knows the consequences. And it was the right decision for me to advance when I did, the benefits on net have been worth the cost.

What was the wrong decision on my part was to invest as much as I did in the atomium and observatory. It is bad game design to have those buildings become worthless unless you decide to stop advancing. And at the time those investments were made, there was no reason to think that benefiting from them would require me to stop advancing.

Finally, the developers did say on beta that there would be a use for AF guild goods. That was certainly something I took into account when I advanced. They never said when that use would be implemented, but is there really some benefit to the game in holding it off?

DeletedUser12810

When I posted this I was not trying to create any arguments. I was just asking a simple question. If there is future plans to do something worth wile with theses buildings then I will keep them, if not I need to get rid of them.

Yes I know I made the decision to move forth to the AF, I have been playing this game since it came out. When AF came out I had no idea there would be no AF GVG, I knew there was the All era GVG but, I thought that was just a bonus. If i had known I would have still moved forward, I'm not about to be held back.

DeletedUser9433

I am not saying the current setup is unfair, which seems to be what you are arguing against. As you say, anyone who advances knows the consequences. And it was the right decision for me to advance when I did, the benefits on net have been worth the cost.

What was the wrong decision on my part was to invest as much as I did in the atomium and observatory. It is bad game design to have those buildings become worthless unless you decide to stop advancing. And at the time those investments were made, there was no reason to think that benefiting from them would require me to stop advancing.

Finally, the developers did say on beta that there would be a use for AF guild goods. That was certainly something I took into account when I advanced. They never said when that use would be implemented, but is there really some benefit to the game in holding it off?

I sort of understand but was the wrong decision the investment in those two GB's or the decision to move? You gained much value along the way with those investments I assume, now if you are still investing in them then I agree except the Observatory has other Guild benefits and the Atomium has a personal benefit. Consider the goods you get as the icing on the cake you can't eat. :)

DeletedUser8152

When I posted this I was not trying to create any arguments. I was just asking a simple question. If there is future plans to do something worth wile with theses buildings then I will keep them, if not I need to get rid of them.
There has been no official announcement about it, but there were posts by developers and/or mods in the beta forum that a use would eventually be implemented. It's possible that plans have changed, we don't really know.

DeletedUser8152

I sort of understand but was the wrong decision the investment in those two GB's or the decision to move? You gained much value along the way with those investments I assume, now if you are still investing in them then I agree except the Observatory has other Guild benefits and the Atomium has a personal benefit. Consider the goods you get as the icing on the cake you can't eat. :)
The wrong decision was to invest. The benefits to me and my guild for advancing were worth more than the loss of FE goods, I believe.

If there is to be no use for goods guilds for AF and beyond, then my investments in the obs and atom were not worthwhile IMO, even accounting for the benefits received through FE. The forge points and land space could have been put to better use. The personal benefit of the atomium is negligible in AF, and the obs contributions to support pool are pretty negligible.

DeletedUser9433

The wrong decision was to invest. The benefits to me and my guild for advancing were worth more than the loss of FE goods, I believe.

If there is to be no use for goods guilds for AF and beyond, then my investments in the obs and atom were not worthwhile IMO, even accounting for the benefits received through FE. The forge points and land space could have been put to better use. The personal benefit of the atomium is negligible in AF, and the obs contributions to support pool are pretty negligible.
Thanks I see it makes perfect sense from your perspective, since I don't belong to a guild that participates in GvG I don't have a way to measure their value other than on paper..

I failed to answer a question you posed. Yes my guild benefits greatly by me staying put. My Arc adds needed FE goods daily to the treasury and my FE goods from repeating quests allows me to both help other guild members build their Arcs at a zero FP surcharge and for me to gain FP's to my GB's when I trade FE goods out of guild to help others build an Arc.

DeletedUser8152

Certainly I understand the benefit to your guild of you not advancing in age. What I was asking is, in what way does it make the game as a whole better to delay giving us a use for AF goods?

DeletedUser9433

Certainly I understand the benefit to your guild of you not advancing in age. What I was asking is, in what way does it make the game as a whole better to delay giving us a use for AF goods?
Naturally it doesn't but Inno isn't known for making the game better for advanced players. They are known for being profitable. Now I grant you that the delay doesn't seem to generate any additional profit so that would be puzzling if any of the Devs played the game. As it is I suspect that the long term nature of the game causes them to be ambivalent about rushing anything, in this case a use for the AF goods. I wouldn't be the least bit unhappy if they suddenly made those goods very valuable even though it would place my city at a disadvantage. Would just be happy for others like you who have been anticipating a fair use for them.

DeletedUser13838

Let's also not forget that while it was known there was no use for AF treasury goods at the time AF was released, it was stated that there would be "soon". After 2 additional stages of AF we're still being told "soon". Is "soon" also german for "distant future"? ;)

DeletedUser25273

They have added a (small) use for AF Goods, Level 3 GE now uses goods of the players age. It is still true that AF level players are probably still giving more AF goods to the treasury than the guild can possibly spend on GE.

DeletedUser14423

Let's also not forget that while it was known there was no use for AF treasury goods at the time AF was released, it was stated that there would be "soon". After 2 additional stages of AF we're still being told "soon". Is "soon" also german for "distant future"? ;)

Now it's 3 1/2 years later and there is still no use for AF and above goods. Maybe they should have just stopped the game at Future Era

wolfhoundtoo

Now it's 3 1/2 years later and there is still no use for AF and above goods. Maybe they should have just stopped the game at Future Era

Since (presumably) the new Virtual Future era will have FE goods as unrefined it really won't matter soon if your Arc makes FE goods or not. There should be plenty of FE goods to go around. Also i'm guessing Inno thinks it's not much of a problem really since Arcs (the 'culprit' of the vast amount of goods in the treasury) is valued for it's forge points not it's contribution to the treasury. Let it go. Stop lamenting of the 'wasted' resources since you've benefited from the Arc's other value a lot by now I'd wager. As for the other 2 buildings well I knows this pains people but you CAN take down a Great Building in your City if it isn't worth the space any more. My atom is gone and I stayed in FE.

DeletedUser26965

Just about 2 years actually Arctic Future – part 1 But yeah, I think after that long we can let it go ay? I mean you really think another comment is going to do anything now?