• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild vs Guild Improvements Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser

. However, I think we also need more Guild levels (and I haven't seen any talk about that) - most top guilds are at (or very close to L75).
I agree with your point about needing more guild levels, but the hard truth is that every US world has fewer than 5 guilds at level 75. Some worlds don't have any, and Dunarsund has the most with 4. (I researched this due to a recent proposal about adding guild levels.)

saknika

With the proposed fix, you would definitely be up against SAM troops, but with my tweak the odds are you would never go up against an NPC with all SAM troops. Read my post again. I proposed changing the AA map to random troops from random ages when replacing DAs in released sectors. Maybe they would mostly be higher eras, but maybe they'd be mostly lower eras...or a mix of high/low eras.

And how would you accomplish that? You don't get the troops you defeat. These random troops would only be placed in NPC sectors that have been released by a guild. You don't get them, you would have to fight them. And once you defeat them, they're gone. They're not somehow added to your army.

So first: If a guild decides to try AA and their highest era members are FE, and they get inland by some chance and then guilds follow them in, trap their HQ inland, and then drop everything... they may not be able to deal with potential SAM troops in the NPC sectors. Suddenly, their one lone HQ tile is effectively trapped because they lack the ability to fight their way out. Which means, effective, All Ages will no longer be worth the risk to any guild that doesn't have high ranking, high level fighters. Which will mean that high ranking fighters can and will farm AA for points, based on the next point...

Second: These troops aren't going into your pile. Many will simply take a tile, put in rogues/drummers/color guards or other low-era garbage troops (like the spears in AA right now) for DAs, drop the sectors, and then voila! They'll be filled with GOOD troops worth lots of points! So you won't need champs anymore, you can just drop whatever and get something better to go fight.

BruteForceAttack

3. Also, if we have 6 resets per/day, does this mean GvG will generate 6 times as many points per/day as it does now? I.E. will each reset produce the total points a sector is worth, or only 1/6 of them? I think GvG needs to generate more points, but 6x might be too much. If we adopted the reset per/sector option I talked about above, and maybe do 2 or 3 collections per/day (just for the points - so GvG generates 2x or 3x the points as it does now per/day) that might be the perfect solution.

I think Guilds will only get points if they hold the tile for full 24 hours and not in 4 hour increments. At least I hope that's how it will be implemented.

qaccy

I'm still going to suggest that battles fought in GvG award 0 battle points. That way there's nothing to farm and battles will be purely for GvG purposes rather than a player's personal gain. Of course this should go along with removing all points previously acquired from GvG, but I'm unsure whether it's even possible to distinguish the points earned in GvG from points earned elsewhere. Either way, the most definite way to prevent GvG farming is to simply make it impossible. GvG should be about guild advancement rather than individual ranking anyway, and I personally think this would go a long way towards steering the ship back in that direction.

LB2021

I agree with your point about needing more guild levels, but the hard truth is that every US world has fewer than 5 guilds at level 75. Some worlds don't have any, and Dunarsund has the most with 4. (I researched this due to a recent proposal about adding guild levels.)

Appreciate your input, but I don't think there should be any guilds that are maxed out and basically doing Guild activities (GvG, GE, HoFs, and soon to be GBG) for no tangible benefits. Also, they say they keep track of points beyond L75 and they automatically apply to future levels when they come out - but it would be nice to at least see a running total of how many points beyond L75 the guild has acquired - so we can at least gauge how good we are doing!

LB2021

The biggest problem GvG has you are not fixing....it's not the lag at reset. It's not the "candy" fighting. It's not the strategic use of SPEARS in AA.

The GvG software DOES NOT WORK. The GRAPHICS ERRORS have made fighting on the maps a guessing game at best.

Increasing the reset timers only makes INNO's life easier. A huge amount of effort is put into "Reset". Strategy before, fighting at, and celebrating or crying after. Do you think we're going to do that every 4 hours? This idea was thought of by someone who does not love GvG like I do.

I think they are addressing lag, since there will be 6 resets instead of 1 per/day - it means there will be fewer players on all at the same time (which is what creates the lag) since there will no longer be just one-time per/day that is highly critical. It will spread the players out more evenly and reduce the lag.

LB2021

I think Guilds will only get points if they hold the tile for full 24 hours and not in 4 hour increments. At least I hope that's how it will be implemented.

Well, if that's the way it's going to work, it's going to significantly reduce the amount of points guilds get from GvG - and I think that's a move in the wrong direction!

DeletedUser37581

Well, if that's the way it's going to work, it's going to significantly reduce the amount of points guilds get from GvG - and I think that's a move in the wrong direction!
I don't think it will work that way as the announcement makes it clear that points will be calculated every 4 hours.

LB2021

I don't think it will work that way as the announcement makes it clear that points will be calculated every 4 hours.

Agreed, so my assumption of their suggestion is that guilds will now receive 6x the points (full points, collected every 4 hours). The only other option is if they do collect every 4 hours, but only 1/6 the points. But I think that's too little, which is why I have an alternative suggestion in my original post which falls in the middle somewhere.

DeletedUser

Appreciate your input, but I don't think there should be any guilds that are maxed out and basically doing Guild activities (GvG, GE, HoFs, and soon to be GBG) for no tangible benefits.
I don't disagree, but the problem is a tiny one given that way less than 1% of guilds are there. And GvG still gives the benefit of Prestige for ranking, and it's the only way to get more than just what comes from guild levels.

DeletedUser20935

AA is no longer all ages. AF and up, AF may be out also. We can NOT defeat Mars troops. Thanks for nothing !!

DeletedUser27322

So this change would actually return recalc to its original purpose, because 4 hours is plenty of time to place DAs for most GvG guilds. And it should have the added benefit of returning GvG to more of a fluid and fun feature for more players/guilds. Yes, it will make it harder to easily hold on to large numbers of sectors, but there will not be the World War I feel to it anymore.

it will be quite the opposite. it will be complete chaos.

Jase249

Absolutely hate the idea of 4 hour recalc timers. The fact that strategy is now going to be largely eliminated means it's just a matter of brute force now. To be fair brute force was always the most important thing, but now it will be the only thing. This is a truly awful idea.

DeletedUser27322

Absolutely hate the idea of 4 hour recalc timers. The fact that strategy is now going to be largely eliminated means it's just a matter of brute force now. To be fair brute force was always the most important thing, but now it will be the only thing. This is a truly awful idea.
i disagree. there will still be a need for tactics and strategy; you'll just have to move faster.

DreadfulCadillac

perrsonnally, the day it is released, i will be raiding all the guilds i have EVER had a grudge against, unless i forgaveit..
WATCH OUT FREEMEN!!!!!!!!!(the guild i h8!)

Liberty

A guild that can't fill DAs in 4 hours hasn't planned very well. And from all the talk from GvGers on the various threads, that's the main thing a lot of the leader types like...the planning. So plan to have enough troops to fill the DAs. With a few high level Traz that should be child's play for a guild with good leadership. Especially nowadays when you can get unattached troops by the dozen without even trying.
I'm sure that sounds like "strategy" to you, but it's not. :)

Liberty

but I don't just play GvG, and I'd have to cut back on other types of production to squeeze in more barracks. Depends on the age though, I still have a nice big pile of CA units while in MA, so I like to take a look at that map, since I can still fight pretty effectively there. Sometimes Indy too. I don't go below LMA because my guild isn't a GvG guild, it's just basically 3 of us sniping on whatever maps we feel like, and the points on IA and EMA just aren't worth the space to me right now. Maybe with a bigger Traz.

And in addition to the last few comments that @Stephen Longshanks and @Algona have made, how many guild don't want to change because they're benefiting from exploiting the problems that plague GvG now?

If you don't play GvG, why are you giving advice to how GvG should be designed?

DeletedUser11463

So how can a guild take a whole map? They will still have to move their HQ to do so or only take 1 wave of tiles at a time. It will also be much harder for the bigger guilds to take and hold territories as their shielded territories will be gone after 4 hours. I think you are going to see more big guilds getting taken down by smaller guilds which should make GvG more interesting.

The only thing I think is bad is replacing any troops with SAM troops and it will only allow the top players access to the AA map. Everyone else from arctic down is effectively banned from AA fights.