• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG and protected sectors

• Thread starter DeletedUser10992
  • Start date

DeletedUser10992

I would like to make a proposal to reduce the number of sectors a guild can have under protection to say 2 or 20% of holdings whichever is higher and if an attack is launched from a guild HQ it looses its protection

current system has restricted, for the most part, GvG combat to about 20 minutes of the entire day, allowing players to invade a guild, "rebubble" when the clock resets and then its done. while I agree with some level of protection I feel it has moved from a game tactic to a abuse of the system not allowing a guild to launch a retal strike except in those 20 minutes around the game clock change.

I propose a max of 2 sectors or 20 % of sector holdings that can be under protection at one time and if an attack is launched from a guild HQ that sector should loose its protection

do not see any way to abuse this system, in fact it would eliminate what I feel has become an abuse

in conclusion I think a change of this nature would expand game play beyond the immediate time around when the game clock changes

Algona

There is a forum for Proposals. You will want to read the stickied threads READ BEFORE POSTING. This post as is should prolly be in the Forge Hall Forum.

Soooo

In before the move!

DeletedUser8152

People are welcome to discuss ideas in the tavern forum.

DeletedUser13452

I could support this idea. It would make for interesting strategy adjustments when you're in an all out war.

DeletedUser11463

Seems most of the bigger guilds have more than enough territory open for attack. Even if they use bubbling to protect some terr, there is always other areas open for attack. Bubbling really only works for small amts of terr. The only truly effective method of protecting is a guild that gets into a corner and has a sister/ghost guild maintaining a buffer around them.

Algona

My bad, I guess I completely misunderstood!

Tavern

Off-Topic Section: discuss anything light-hearted

Or not.

DeletedUser10992

I was looking for support or not before moving to the proposal thread

DeletedUser6163

Truthfully I don't know.. Law of Unintended Consequences.. is it going to affect aspects we don't intend it to in negative ways? I'd have to see this in action I think to understand if it would not affect GvG negatively.

I understand where you are coming from and the idea is creative.. but I feel like this would be too limiting for legitimate guilds as well as the ghost guild you are wanting to prevent from expanding. The shielded sector as opposed to the defended sector has become a powerful strategy in GvG, but I am not convinced it's abuse. Certainly I and many others use this technique every day.

In regards to a 12-hr time on sectors, wouldn't that increase lag if every sector had their own timer?

I'm sorry I don't have a solution to this either, just sharing thoughts.