• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG Basics, Tips, Tricks, Strategies, Mechanics, Etc

mamboking053

I've been playing for a while, but never really got into GvG except for a few hop-on's where I help people auto a few sectors, but I didn't understand what I was doing in the larger scheme of things, or how it was playing into the overall game.

I used the search function to look for any guides- or really any threads- giving detailed explanation of GvG mechanics, but only found one that goes into a few things and one that might have some information in it (a GvG feedback thread). I won't be dumb enough to demand someone make a guide for me, but I was hoping people might stop by this thread and sound off with something that might help people later on.

The specific question that brought me here was Support Bonus and whether it's practical or worth it to level GB's like Observatory to improve the guild Support Pool/Bonus (not sure if those two things are the same...). We can pose the theoretical "what if every sector in a province owned by a guild had max Support Bonus. Is this a significant advantage for a defender or a minor impediment to an attacker?

Agent327

I
The specific question that brought me here was Support Bonus and whether it's practical or worth it to level GB's like Observatory to improve the guild Support Pool/Bonus (not sure if those two things are the same...). We can pose the theoretical "what if every sector in a province owned by a guild had max Support Bonus. Is this a significant advantage for a defender or a minor impediment to an attacker?

If it is practical is a question you should ask your Guild. Every sector owned has max msupport bonus. The max a Guild has to offer. The advantage it has depends on the attacker.

You are asking open questions. There is no one good answer.