• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2023. Are you a fan?

How do you feel about the Halloween Event 2023?

• I don't get it and I'm just clicking things till I lose/I hate it

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I can kind of struggle through the game/I don't really like it

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • It's just okay. Not my favorite

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I like this event

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • It's the best event so far this year!

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters

xivarmy

If you just let yourself get killed off when you don't get 2 thief cards aren't you just wasting most of the teeth that you used to get that far? You will only get a few keys from the first 9 fights and maybe a prize from the one thief card you got, but that's it.
I think he's saying if you don't get any thief in the first 2 draws - which still could be a 2 thief run, but now is on average down to a 1-thief run. And before you've invested many teeth (it's quite possible to get by 5 without having spent any teeth in some runs). So if you've had no luck yet, you could choose to die at that point to conserve teeth if you're running low rather than bust out a 10 HP heal and start pushing through more difficult cards hoping to see a better draw after 7 & 9.

Amiar

I think he's saying if you don't get any thief in the first 2 draws - which still could be a 2 thief run, but now is on average down to a 1-thief run. And before you've invested many teeth (it's quite possible to get by 5 without having spent any teeth in some runs). So if you've had no luck yet, you could choose to die at that point to conserve teeth if you're running low rather than bust out a 10 HP heal and start pushing through more difficult cards hoping to see a better draw after 7 & 9.
Precisely. I had a run today on a vamp vs. vamp where I ran out of teeth and couldn't buy the 4th thief (I already had 3). I pushed hard through that deck with like 400 teeth and was going into the last 2 mobs with 65 teeth left. I didn't want to risk being on the last boss and not being able to shuffle to a thief. All about risk vs. reward vs. probability.

I've already hit ~ 4700 skulls in both cities and am like +900 into gold. Hopefully I can hold out till the end.

Aristarchus1

If you just let yourself get killed off when you don't get 2 thief cards aren't you just wasting most of the teeth that you used to get that far? You will only get a few keys from the first 9 fights and maybe a prize from the one thief card you got, but that's it.
It depends when you get the Thief cards or not.

The 1st card draw is after the 3rd fight
and the 2nd card draw is after 5th fight.

If you haven't seen a Thief card after these first 2 draws, then it's probably wiser to call it a day, and stop spending more teeth in this dungeon, and probably let die after the 7th or 8th fight.

It is what it is ! Lucky or unlucky. Gotta move on

Aristarchus1

The difference is not over-committing on teeth before the first 2 draws. You can get to the 2nd draw with like 25 teeth from card swaps. That's better than committing 400 teeth to a no-thief run

I agree. In particular NEVER choose the heal and Vile renewal cards in the first 2 draws, because they have less power than their equivalent draws after the 7th and 9th fight.

Example the early Heal card of 6 FP and Vile Renewal of 2 healed /3 damage, are not good cards at all

But if you get them after the 7th /9th, they are really great, with 10HP healed, and for the Vile it's 6 healed/7damage

Aristarchus1

But you won't know that it is a no thief run until after the 9th matchup. It seems to me that a completed dungeon no-thief run is better than throwing in the towel after a 9 matchup no-thief run.

Not sure about that. Finishing the 10th and 11th bosses, with no thief cards, requires to beat 8HP and 11HP (A LOT ! ), but they only give around 2-3 Silver and 3 Gold keys.

So, if you don't have any thief cards to steal keys from the 11th
then it's better to call it day , after the 9th fight
unless you have a favorable deck and lots of card to spare,
maybe some spare cards of Heal + Frenzy, Vile Renewal + Soul sever as well,
which will beat the 10th/11th anyway.

But I think the key strategy is to avoid spending teeth if you don't have thief cards for the 11th boss

Aristarchus1

Precisely. I had a run today on a vamp vs. vamp where I ran out of teeth and couldn't buy the 4th thief (I already had 3). I pushed hard through that deck with like 400 teeth and was going into the last 2 mobs with 65 teeth left. I didn't want to risk being on the last boss and not being able to shuffle to a thief. All about risk vs. reward vs. probability.

I've already hit ~ 4700 skulls in both cities and am like +900 into gold. Hopefully I can hold out till the end.

In your case, I would use 200 diamonds to buy me 100 teeth, just to do the redraw shuffle and pick those 3 thiefs in 11th boss.

So, you would probably spend 50 teeth for shuffle/redraw, but you would use all 3 thief cards and win the dungeon win therefore get

12 Golden, 8 silver, 4 bronze keys, which correspond to 12 x 6 + 8x 3 + 4x1 = 100 progress.

Spending 50 teeth for 100 progress is a super deal.

I argued before that even 200 teeth for 100 progress is a good deal, to aim for 7500 progress.

I am about 1K above Gold league, having spent only 2100 diamonds, but got stay vigilant, because people keep spending alot. Maybe I have a 2 day headstart, until they catch me,
since now the Golden league threshold usually increases 400-450 every day.

If I spend all my keys now, I am at 4900, and my World's gold league threshold (us17) is around 3900, today on 11/8. Probably it will be a showdown at 7K progress, next week at the end

Amiar

So, you would probably spend 50 teeth for shuffle/redraw, but you would use all 3 thief cards and win the dungeon win therefore get
I was able to finish with the 3 thieves and spend 0 diamonds (I'm loath to spend diamonds on an event unless I HAVE to). I decided to guarantee 3 Thief cards vs. risk it with buying a 4th and not being able to reshuffle.

I am also around 800-1k above gold league. I think the thing here is that people who want to spend a lot of diamonds might not understand the game well enough to make it matter. I'm hoping I don't see a huge push in the last couple days, but I'm also maybe holding out for a good teeth/diamond deal in the last couple days of the event. If I need to push to keep in gold league I think I might go for that deal if it pops up.

Another thing to worry about is people who haven't spent any keys yet (me on my W world). I'm laying in wait for a daily special I want and when it pops up, boom! I'm in gold league.

honey55

The more i play this mini game the more i hate it. Sometimes i have to redraw like 10 times to get a card to use while certain cards appear nearly every time. In my diamond world i still have over 4000 teeth since i dread it. One day i just hit fight till i died without looking at the cards. Of course i didn't reach the dungeon. I hate this event

Last edited:

Aristarchus1

]
I was able to finish with the 3 thieves and spend 0 diamonds (I'm loath to spend diamonds on an event unless I HAVE to). I decided to guarantee 3 Thief cards vs. risk it with buying a 4th and not being able to reshuffle.

I am also around 800-1k above gold league. I think the thing here is that people who want to spend a lot of diamonds might not understand the game well enough to make it matter. I'm hoping I don't see a huge push in the last couple days, but I'm also maybe holding out for a good teeth/diamond deal in the last couple days of the event. If I need to push to keep in gold league I think I might go for that deal if it pops up.

Another thing to worry about is people who haven't spent any keys yet (me on my W world). I'm laying in wait for a daily special I want and when it pops up, boom! I'm in gold league.

Thankfully the best daily is already gone (Tower of whispering horrors), and that was probably the biggest push of the spenders

So, now the hugest push will be with the Monsters Wares and the Eagle Mountain kits, but probably not so big push as it happened for the
(Tower of whispering horrors).

Lorendar

While this may be working for you it shouldn't be. The deck that you select will have 7 cards matching the selection (e.g. if Werewolves is selected the deck will have 7 Werewolf cards) the remaining 7 will be a mix of the other three card types. If the game tip is to select the Zombie deck to defeat Werewolves, but you choose Werewolves instead, you are trading a deck that has 7 Zombies for one that has 7 Werewolves. The deck that you will fight has 7 Werewolves. So, you go from a deck that has 7 cards with an advantage (7 Zombies versus 7 Werewolves) to one that has 7 matches (Werewolf versus Werewolf) and only about 3 cards with an advantage. Like I said, it should not work.
LOL. You're assuming that inno is going to make the matchup outcomes work like they are supposed to. When you have a card that has a supposed advantage VS the enemy card and the enemy card still does max damage to you, doesn't seem to work, either.

Pericles the Lion

LOL. You're assuming that inno is going to make the matchup outcomes work like they are supposed to. When you have a card that has a supposed advantage VS the enemy card and the enemy card still does max damage to you, doesn't seem to work, either.
The only thing that I care about is getting to 4500 progress without spending diamonds. In both worlds that I'm playing the game I'm pacing for more than 4500. As far as I am concerned the mini-game is functioning exactly as it is "supposed to".

Aristarchus1

The only thing that I care about is getting to 4500 progress without spending diamonds. In both worlds that I'm playing the game I'm pacing for more than 4500. As far as I am concerned the mini-game is functioning exactly as it is "supposed to".

4500 is a piece of cake, if you play the dungeons as described in the videos of Moo and Uber.

My main concern to get to Gold league with spending mimimal diamonds (2K or 4K). It's gonna need around 7000-7500.

Hopefully no more than 8000, otherwise I will call it a day and wait for the next event. The Ectoplasmic premiums given from the Golden Monstro Lab, are not really special either. Especially the one that gives 'Self aid kits'

But it would be good to get many of the one 1x2 Ectoplasmic that gives 'Store Building fragments.' 3-4 Golden Monstro labs will be enough so one can never worry again about ' Store Buildings'

JJ597

A question for those players who comment about how many event buildings, etc, that they earned in this event (which include ALL previous events). Are ALL the buildings earned actually built in every city they play in. Are the previous event buildings all deleted when a new event is played? FYI, I'm playing for daily specials only in this event, normally would end in Silver.

PJS299

A question for those players who comment about how many event buildings, etc, that they earned in this event (which include ALL previous events). Are ALL the buildings earned actually built in every city they play in. Are the previous event buildings all deleted when a new event is played? FYI, I'm playing for daily specials only in this event, normally would end in Silver.
Many people keep event buildings until others come out. Some people like certain buildings more than others. One guy has a city full of Buc Bays but only one or two Aegeans...

Amiar

As more powerful buildings come out you need to reevaluate the efficiency of your city. I just came back about 3 months ago after a 4 year break. I have a bunch of Shrines of Knowledge (1 FP for 4 squares of space, so efficiency of .25FP/square) and Terrace Farms (some I've upgraded to lvl 2)[These are 30 squares and make 5 fp at lvl 1 and 12 at lvl 2 so .16 fp/sq and .4 fp.sq respectively].

Compare this with Tower of Whispering Horrors (in CE I make 3 FP on then and at 2x3 or 6 squares they're .5fp/sq) and Monster Wares (3x3 or 9 squares and 8 FP it's .88 FP/sq) Or the spark forges when max lvl are 2-4 FP in 1 square. The efficiency of these buildings is insane so I have some buildings in my city that are 3x3 and only make 3-4 FP. Those are in time out and I'm going to sell them when I run out of room.

This is just looking at FP too. A lot of the new buildings have attack bonuses and goods production on top of happiness or population. I am in CE and don't have any CE houses, supply production, goods buildings, or decorations. Everything I need is provided by GBs and event/special buildings.

Eventually I'll replace all of the terrace farms with things that are more efficient.

NATORIOUS

It's an awful event. Period. Complete garbage. I just finished the first round of fights and took 2x the damage despite being heavily favorite in every single matchup. Down to 4 "health points". The math is not mathing. At all. Which is typical for Inno. Maybe spend less time on creating trash events and more time fixing the awful game play experience that BG has become due to a lack of adequate servers.

Sharmon the Impaler

It's an awful event. Period. Complete garbage. I just finished the first round of fights and took 2x the damage despite being heavily favorite in every single matchup. Down to 4 "health points". The math is not mathing. At all. Which is typical for Inno. Maybe spend less time on creating trash events and more time fixing the awful game play experience that BG has become due to a lack of adequate servers.
Why are you playing FoE if you don't like it ?

Aristarchus1

Actually, the prizes in this event are the best ever. Mostly due to the free golden spires. I aim for 50 of them, to give me 300% attack in 50 squares.. This never happened in any event before.
And also we have super dailies like Donkey houses, Horror Towers, Monsters ware. Decent event building as well.

Great minigame game also, that needs some kind of intelligence, therefore the smarter people will get easy Silver and Gold leagues.