• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2023. Are you a fan?

How do you feel about the Halloween Event 2023?

• I don't get it and I'm just clicking things till I lose/I hate it

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I can kind of struggle through the game/I don't really like it

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • It's just okay. Not my favorite

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I like this event

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • It's the best event so far this year!

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters

xivarmy

Good thing is there's somewhat of a cap to how much people can spend on last day. Deck unlock costs will increase very quickly and add up.

This is an event where you had to spread out the diamonds and spend it across days, not all at once.
However, it is quite possible that some number of people have concealed how much they spent. Since progress only shows once you spend the keys and you can hoard them forever. You need to spread out the teeth. Not the keys.

honey55

I'm honestly pretty surprised - this is the second highest rated event from one of my youtube polls. Most events have 3 or 4 stars (or whatever emoji) as its most dominant response.
View attachment 20969
I still hate it and i normally really enjoy events. When you have to redraw so many times and keep seeing the same bad cards instead of one of the ones that would actually work, it just gets frustrating. To much luck. I know which cards would work and which ones cause extra damage. Maybe one is just suppose to take the extra damage and not redraw. Many times it would be cheaper.

Amiar

I still hate it and i normally really enjoy events. When you have to redraw so many times and keep seeing the same bad cards instead of one of the ones that would actually work, it just gets frustrating. To much luck. I know which cards would work and which ones cause extra damage. Maybe one is just suppose to take the extra damage and not redraw. Many times it would be cheaper.
I think that's part of the charm of it. This game is high strategy. Is it smarter to redraw 10 times for the perfect card or to just use 2 cards and heal up with 45 teeth. Weighing those decisions and risks is one of the things that does make this event frustrating sometimes, but also more interesting.

Sharmon the Impaler

It's a very generous event actually , the Main is good , . A few Spires too which I also like The card game takes strategy and isn't just a bunch of mindless clicking.

Last edited:

PJS299

It's a very generous event actually , the Main is good , Pumpkins are a fairly common reward as well as the Cider thingy. A few Spires too which I also like The card game takes strategy and isn't just a bunch of mindless clicking.
Pumpkin+Cider are from the fall event.

I'm liking this event. The card game is interesting with enough challenge to make you think. The rewards are excellent and very frequent (maybe a little too frequent if that's possible). And it is absolutely possible to achieve a fully upgraded (except for the silver and gold upgrades) without following some arcane strategy which only makes sense to the wonks.

Pretty crap event. I like that it's designed in a new way that demands strategy more than luck, and the daily specials are great. But it's a huge time commitment and the fact that sparkborn/surge things are top priority in motivating is stupid. And also, I barely managed to get the daily special and I spent almost 2K diamonds on currency. Either I did the entire event totally wrong or this was inno desperately trying to get you to buy diamonds.

NATORIOUS

I'm like 800-900 skulls above gold league cutoff in 2 worlds and spent 0 diamonds.

So you might need to reflect that there is a strategy to this game and you might not be good at it. >.>
So you have figured out a strategy that 99% of the rest of game players are unaware of, including those spending who knows how much money/diamonds, placing you in the top 1% not once, but two different times? If so congrats, good for you. Pretty amazing. Perhaps a little too amazing, but whatever you say. Don’t care because either way, that’s clearly not the experience of most every other player (as indicated by the poll numbers). Oh, and these prizes aren’t special at all. They’re essentially another iteration of the same prizes we’ve see the last 4-5 events.

NATORIOUS

Those are about the most sensitive numbers you can have , even upper management isn't privy to those numbers many times.
Company financial statements are public information. Revenue has been declining double digits year over year since roughly 2020 and their quarterly performance report indicates they are not performing well as it relates to membership. They also laid off a sixth of their workforce. This isn't proprietary information but the fact people are stating what management does/does not know might explain some of the responses in this echo chamber of a forum. I suspect that is also what is driving the radical changes which are clearly intended to move more towards a pay for play setup.

Pericles the Lion

Inno , what is the point in someone buying 11,400 teeth in the "offer" this morning for 100$ USD ?
Maybe so they can do another 18 dungeons, give or take, on top of the free ones today and tomorrow and pick up 20 more dailies and an additional 3K progress? The cost for the extra dungeons of the same clan are 100 teeth for the 2nd, 150 for the 3rd. I assume that it increments by 50 each time.

Pericles the Lion

Company financial statements are public information. Revenue has been declining double digits year over year since roughly 2020 and their quarterly performance report indicates they are not performing well as it relates to membership. They also laid off a sixth of their workforce. This isn't proprietary information but the fact people are stating what management does/does not know might explain some of the responses in this echo chamber of a forum. I suspect that is also what is driving the radical changes which are clearly intended to move more towards a pay for play setup.
You must not have read MTG's Q3 report. MTG posted a record revenue quarter and FoE's revenue is up both YoY and QoQ

Sharmon the Impaler

Maybe so they can do another 18 dungeons, give or take, on top of the free ones today and tomorrow and pick up 20 more dailies and an additional 3K progress? The cost for the extra dungeons of the same clan are 100 teeth for the 2nd, 150 for the 3rd. I assume that it increments by 50 each time.
I believe you are correct in the counts, I went up to 200 in one and it was +50 up to that point.

NATORIOUS

You must not have read MTG's Q3 report. MTG posted a record revenue quarter and FoE's revenue is up both YoY and QoQ
I'm aware. That's one quarter. They are still trying to recover from a downward trend over the last several years. As I said before that is likely what precipitated the drastic changes to the game. I'm sure that is also what helped generate a revenue boost in the short term, but we will see if it's viable and sustainable in the long run once people swap out all of the old buildings with the shiny new ones. Either way, the game is clearly moving towards a heavy pay for play model and as result, I think the game play experience is suffering. And i'm not the only one judging from many of the comments.

Pretty crap event. I like that it's designed in a new way that demands strategy more than luck, and the daily specials are great. But it's a huge time commitment and the fact that sparkborn/surge things are top priority in motivating is stupid. And also, I barely managed to get the daily special and I spent almost 2K diamonds on currency. Either I did the entire event totally wrong or this was inno desperately trying to get you to buy diamonds.
I'd have to say that you did the event wrong. I played it on 5 worlds. On all 5, I got the Level 8 Laboratory of Monstrosities and plenty of daily specials along the way. One 1 and only 1 world, I spent a few diamonds to get 1 last dungeons' worth of teeth to ensure the final level.

If anything, the daily specials were too frequent, if that is possible. I mean how many Towers of Whispering Horrors can one city really accommodate?

xivarmy

No, the increments are 50% each time. After the 150 it's 225. It's exponential. 100 * 1.5^(N-1)

1700083334471.png