• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween event

To the developers,
As you can see here on one of the cards there are upside down crosses. As a Christian this makes me unable to take part in this event. Halloween is already a little sketchy; I'm apart of a christian guild name Followers of Christ in Dilum and I don't think none of us will like this. I'm going to try get our leader to contact the developers but please fix this before the event comes out.

References:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-01 7.09.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-01 7.09.25 PM.png
    827.8 KB · Views: 22

PJS299

Last year's Halloween Event had the Tarot Card Caravans in it, which is controversial if you should build that, because it's a game.

As a fellow Christian, I can tell you to not worry about this, because it is obviously not an upside down cross. That is just a design on the cards. You can see that the center bar is off center, and the bars on the right are longer than the ones on the left. I'm pretty sure those are just supposed to be stars or something. Not to be rude, but that does seem a little far-fetched.

Also, Inno is not going to change the design on the cards. So if you are still convinced that the design is an upside down cross, then good luck, I guess. And the devs most likely won't see this, so if you need more info, try filing a ticket with support.

Expletive Deleted

Does this apply to other aspects of the game for you?
Such as refusing to participate in cultural settlements. The Sun Temple, Shinto Temple and Mugal temple are all non-Christian in origin.
Or is this selective outrage?

PJS299

Hey y'all, let's not be too rude. I could see how that could be mixed up. I know religion is a big part of my life, and I assume it is part of @Mr. Ajani O. Brown's life too. A lot of us have been playing this game for a very long time, and can see the little things like this as dumb, but for him, us, it could potentially be a problem. (Thankfully this time it's not!)

Johnny B. Goode

To the developers,
As you can see here on one of the cards there are upside down crosses. As a Christian this makes me unable to take part in this event. Halloween is already a little sketchy; I'm apart of a christian guild name Followers of Christ in Dilum and I don't think none of us will like this. I'm going to try get our leader to contact the developers but please fix this before the event comes out.

References:
Seriously? You ignore all the demonic images on the cards, not to mention the werewolves, zombies, vampires and witches, and complain about these "crosses" that could actually be any number of things? This is part of why American Christians are sometimes laughed at, making a big deal about nothing. (And I'm a forgiven believer myself.)

Dursland

We seem to have those types of complaints every Halloween.

They don't go anywhere, because Inno is a German company - not an US corp beholden to religious interests.