• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Harassment, and Just Trollish Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Beepers

Past 2 weeks, someone has been pillaging, harassing, and stealing my goods, 2 weeks in a row.

I asked them kindly, to stop, they told me to shut up, and get out of the game.

Now i would like to know.... why people like this are being "praised" "gifted", "honored"

And i also wanna know why the Developement Team allows this kind of behavior.

Once in awhile, i don't mind it... But this person keeps at it, over and over, and over, and over, and over.... and i'm getting tired of losing Items, because this person is in the "right by attacking and harassing others"

Game or not... I think that should be illegal.... There's a different between doing a quest, and constantly being attacked, over and over and over.

I do have GB's, but they're not very High level. Not Everyone plays the exact same way, we're all different, we all deserve a chance....

But i'm not sure what to do... i've tried to message them, but i already told you what they replied with.... So i dunno what to do...

I can't obtain items... if they keep stealing them... so i dunno...

I just wish people would stop fighting, and stop all the hate, and get along.... but apparently i'm asking too much....

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

Since you can't change anybody else's behavior, the only thing left to change is your own perspective. Change the things you can change and learn to accept the things you can't, right?

First, nobody playing this game hates you. If some jerk sends you a jerky message, shrug it off. It's a stranger, who cares what they think? It's not personal. Expecting jerks not be jerks is indeed asking too much.

Secondly, plundering is a well-established and valid part of the game. Accepting that fact will help a lot. Complaining about plundering is like yelling at the sky 'cause it's raining: it's not going to stop raining, and you're just going to get tired and wet. You will not shame anybody into stopping; in fact sending messages begging them to stop will only spur some of them on.

Thirdly, since you say you don't know what to do...that's what this forum is for. There are numerous threads on which experienced players have given great advice for mitigating being plundered, and ways to put being plundered into perspective so it doesn't drive you crazy. For one thing, they can only plunder things that you have left uncollected, so in a way that's entirely under your control.

I do understand your reaction, many of us used to feel the same way when we first started playing. Search for those threads and put that advice into practice and you'll have a much better time. Maybe you can't stop them from trying to plunder you but you can plan for it. Adjust your expectations and your outlook and your game play so that you can reduce the chances of being plundered, and so you can accept it and move on more easily when it happens.

The longer you play, the stronger your city will become and the better able you'll be to either prevent/reduce plundering, or engage in revenge if it happens. Patience and progress are the keys.

Agent327

Past 2 weeks, someone has been pillaging, harassing, and stealing my goods, 2 weeks in a row.

I asked them kindly, to stop, they told me to shut up, and get out of the game.

Now i would like to know.... why people like this are being "praised" "gifted", "honored"

And i also wanna know why the Developement Team allows this kind of behavior.

Once in awhile, i don't mind it... But this person keeps at it, over and over, and over, and over, and over.... and i'm getting tired of losing Items, because this person is in the "right by attacking and harassing others"

Game or not... I think that should be illegal.... There's a different between doing a quest, and constantly being attacked, over and over and over.

I do have GB's, but they're not very High level. Not Everyone plays the exact same way, we're all different, we all deserve a chance....

But i'm not sure what to do... i've tried to message them, but i already told you what they replied with.... So i dunno what to do...

I can't obtain items... if they keep stealing them... so i dunno...

I just wish people would stop fighting, and stop all the hate, and get along.... but apparently i'm asking too much....

People are being "praised" "gifted", "honored" as a reaction to the many complaints about something that is a part of the game.

This has nothing to do with harrassement or hate. It is a part of the game some people like a lot.

Not Everyone plays the exact same way, we're all different, we all deserve a chance....

As does your pillager the chance of pillaging.

But i'm not sure what to do... i've tried to message them

Fight back/pillage them? Collect on time/change collection times? City Shield?

The worst thing to do is have a whinge/cry about it to them, much more likely to it put a whole lot more effort into it,

DravenOfTheStars

The worst thing to do is have a whinge/cry about it to them, much more likely to it put a whole lot more effort into it,

This is very true. I plunder and if someone messages me to whine about it or curse me out (which have both happened), I will plunder them even if they aid me or donate FP to my GBs. We all get plundered. It's just a game. Work on city defense and use city shield if you have to. Also try to set your collection times to when you know you'll be on so they get nothing good if they do plunder you.

Nicholas002

If the PvP aspect of the game makes it less enjoyable for you, you can always try Elvenar.
I have heard it is basically the same as FoE, but with no PvP.

Aggressor

I just wish people would stop fighting
NEVER!!!
Weak people like you are easy targets. We target you constantly because youre easy to beat and too weak do defend yourself. Instead of working to build a good defense OR better yet a better offense so you can beat them, you fight your battle on the forum with the devs. Nothing new. People these days just dont want to work, dont want to be better. They just want everything done for them. You want the devs to make PvP illegal because you want the easy way out.
PvP is important to the game and if somebody is better than you, dont the deserve to be able to beat you and "harass you"? Its the game rules. If you dont like it play another game. But its going to happen. at least until you decide to work and become better.

Plain Red Justice

Stealing and pillage has always been a feature even within this planet that we're living in right now. It's a part of the natural behaviors of living organisms not just humans to have this natural desire for conflict and power

You've asked why these people are praised? I don't think so. No one praises a human being that manages to walk with 2 legs unless it's a newborn baby. I certainly won't praise someone for trading 10 seconds of his lifespan to plunder 2 victory medals

baDaffterattack

Stealing and pillaging is part of the game, like Plain Red said. The developers won't help you because it's part of the game so stop complaining. It's your fault if you have weak da or no da.

Mr. Beepers

I give up on this game.....

I just wanted to play the game fair and square, i don't pillage, rape, kill, or hurt people, but because you all imply you do it in game.... you're all loved for it...

I think i'm gonna go find another game to play.... Because like i said.... irl... If someone came up to you, took stuff from your home, stole things, Pushed you down, Hit you, and they walked away, and got away with it, I'm pretty sure you too would be upset.

But you all don't care, all you care about is hurting others, and i'm sorry but i'm done with this game.... You think being rude, nasty, hurtful, and taking other peoples stuff is cool.....

What a crazy world we live in... I'm just gonna delete my account since nobody even has a clue to what i'm going through....

Mr. Beepers

And i don't appreciate the toxic nature of people "saying" it's my fault....

Look i'm not you.... Never will be...

I play the game differently, if you hate how i play it, don't harass me about it

DevaCat

I give up on this game.....

I just wanted to play the game fair and square, i don't pillage, rape, kill, or hurt people, but because you all imply you do it in game.... you're all loved for it...

I think i'm gonna go find another game to play.... Because like i said.... irl... If someone came up to you, took stuff from your home, stole things, Pushed you down, Hit you, and they walked away, and got away with it, I'm pretty sure you too would be upset.

But you all don't care, all you care about is hurting others, and i'm sorry but i'm done with this game.... You think being rude, nasty, hurtful, and taking other peoples stuff is cool.....

What a crazy world we live in... I'm just gonna delete my account since nobody even has a clue to what i'm going through....
I think that is a wise decision, to leave I mean. You have a distorted view of what the game is about, and an exaggerated sense of being a victim. For your own well being perhaps that would be best. I wish you well.

DravenOfTheStars

I play the game differently, if you hate how i play it, don't harass me about it

Yet you harass others for how they play the game...I hope you see the hypocrisy here. If you don't want a game with a pvp component, this is not the game for you. Otherwise, having your DA beaten and, thus, being open to plunder *is* because of your city defense and your defenders. Being able to be plundered means you aren't collecting on time. Ultimately, being plundered is your own fault. I rarely get plundered because I have a good DA and high defense bonus. When I do get plundered they rarely get anything good because I collect on time...plus there's always city shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.