• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Healing time

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser8152

Could someone explain how the healing time works? For instance, if a unit says 'Time to Heal, 24 min', what does that mean?

I have seen answers saying that it takes that unit 24 minutes to heal one damage point, but this is certainly not correct. If so, a unit would always be healed in 4 hours, but I have often had a battle where one unit was lost and another damaged, and got a replacement trained (in 4 hours) before the damaged unit was healed.

Is there some complication where it slows down when multiple units are healing, or maybe if the building is busy training a new unit?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4844

Yeah. I believe this is a known bug. Most units take 4 hours to build, and all units have 10 pips of damage they can take (they die on the tenth pip). The time the game shows that a unit needs to heal is the unit's build time multiplied by the pips of damage on the unit, and then divided by 10. A unit that takes half an hour to build, and hence 3 minutes per pip to heal, will show itself as needing 15 minutes to heal if it has 5 pips of damage on it. The typical 4 hour to build unit, which requires 24 minutes per pip to heal, will state that it will take 48 minutes to heal if it has 2 pips of damage on it.

However, as you have observed, it often takes far longer to heal then the listed time. Often even more time then it takes another unit of the same type to build from scratch. I believe this is a bug.

DeletedUser8152

It seems like this has been brought up many times, and it hasn't been fixed. So at this point, I don't think you can call it a bug, it must be a feature :)

But there is obviously some algorithm that determines how fast a unit will heal, it would be nice to understand it better!

DeletedUser

The devs have repeatedly assured us the healing is working exactly as planned. They have, to this point, declined any request for the details of said algorithms.

DeletedUser8796

I've had no problem with my healing times; you just didn't refresh before looking at your troops. try again and be sure to refresh then you should notice the difference.

DeletedUser8152

No, I definitely refreshed. And I can see that they are healing, just more slowly than the number would suggest.

I have noticed that the healing shown in the unit building itself is often inaccurate. But if you go to the army screen, it usually seems to be correct.