• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Hiding Buildings in the Game??

DeletedUser

Is there a way to hide your military or any other buildings in the game?

I have noticed that when you visit a city to see what is there before attacking it, some military bldgs are not seen. But when you attack and fight there are numerous of other soldiers. I know that you can win various soldiers that can be unattached to any building.

DeletedUser8428

It is not possible, other than moving smaller buildings behind larger ones, to "hide" military buildings. Do ot forget that all players can receive, at one time or another, "unattached" units that can attack or defend and are not required to be housed in a military building.

DeletedUser2145

Most military buildings can't be hidden because they're too large and there's no other building, Great Building or otherwise, with a graphic huge enough to completely hide it away. But most people don't look carefully enough (if you're visiting another player's city you're likely not spending a couple minutes but merely a moment looking around) so you can try partially hiding buildings. The best way would be to ensure any military building is also surrounding with non-military buildings with a similar design/colors (for example I used to place my Champion's retreat behind the Observatory as they're sort of similar colors and the Obs goes high so it hides a portion of what's behind it). That way the military building doesn't stand out.

DeletedUser4844

If you have an Alcatraz great building you will get multiple unattached units every day. The type is based on whatever military buildings you have at the time, so if you used to have a military building that prodcued archers, you might have accumulated hundreds of unattached archers via Alcatraz, and still have them, even when that military building is long gone.

DeletedUser6163

Barracks in a city used to be a great indicator of a player's defense. Various ways to get unattached troops have made this a moot indicator IMO. We've always had quests to receive certain unattached, later on the game introduced alcatraz for which we can build a barrack and tear down after unattached are produced as needed. And NOW we even have this Treasure Hunt that can give you unattached troops of your age well before you've unlocked the barracks. So for example, even if your neighbor has been in Modern Era for a day he might have a battle tank in his defense, you really don't know until you try.

DeletedUser9184

There's one more way: the Treasure Hunt. You can gain quite a few useful units for defense this way if just reached the new tech.

*Arturis*

Only military building I can hide is Rogue Hideout or Zeus, just hide it behind some big GB. I can also do that with WF.

DeletedUser

Learn to roam with your mouse, not just your eyes, and search solved. At least on the desktop, it's trickier on the iPad.

DeletedUser16911

Half of my city defense (plus numerous extra units) has come from the Treasure Hunt. Visit my city and you will see only a berserker barracks; attack me and you'll see berserkers, mounted archers, crossbowmen, knights, whatever I've chosen to put up for defense.