• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Horrible new event

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFrocco

WORST EVENT EVER !!! Inno needs to reconsider the people responsible for approving what events go into our game. Whomever approved this one is clearly mistaken. Events should be a fun addition to the game that helps us gain goodies. We shouldn't need to have an event as complicated and confusing as this EVER! Wake up Inno, this event is HORRIBLE, even worse than that stupid ship going back and forth

Darkest.Knight

It's not all that difficult. Try it out, quickly obvious how it works and from what I've seen it's easy enough to get 1 event building. A second building should cost 1990 diamonds unless u really muff it up.

Mor-Rioghain

A few hours ago I'd be 100% on the OP's side on this one. Now? Yeah, I finally "got" it but in my main city it's going to be a toss-up as to whether or not my 'learning curve' so seriously damaged my chances at advancing enough tiers to earn the needed upgrades despite A) my having purchased the upper tier prize package on my main and B) my using my "farmy" cities as my 'testing ground' when I started to run into trouble on my main. <sigh> I suppose I'm going to get the main building and maybe I'll even squeak in the golden upgrade but I have extreme doubts as to my ability to also obtain that yummy Keymaster's Workshop. That's certainly not a pleasant way to begin a 3-week long event barely 8 hours into it!

Oh, what did I "get" you might be wondering? (Worth mentioning since at least 1/2 the people I've talked to in-game didn't realize this either). The TOP and the BOTTOM of the keys on the gems!!!

Yes, yes, I know they're in MooingCat's guide and probably somewhere in the vid-link that Inno sent out an hour or so ago - but seriously?? I have a 15" monitor on my laptop but I can't expand the screen nor zoom in and hey, Inno, I got some new for you! My 59 year old EYES don't see those little-bitty 'tops' and 'bottoms' so well, huh? You know?! Good grief!! I thought it was a magnifying glass thingamajig. I had no idea what that or even key tops and bottoms had to do with the elements but I can sure tell you something else, I should not have to read a doggoned novel to find this stuff out!! Okay - yeah, enough. If you're not getting it - LOOK AT THE PART IN THE GUIDE ABOUT THE KEYS!!

So, I'm at 50/50 on your position, PFrocco. The events should not be so hard. It's a GAME and games are supposed to be fun not frustrate you so much you want to give up less than 8 hours after the event began! (I suppose my 50/50 stance will change as I hopefully get uber-lucky on incidents and whatnot to progress the tiers - at my present rate? Nuh-uh. Ain't gonna happen ... and right after that stupid boat? That will be the LAST time I purchase the upper tier package no matter how "Dandy" it seems. Doesn't do me a darned bit of good if I can't get the meter to move along it's path, now does it? lol) Oh, well, back to questing....my "farmy" cities require more quests! (Thanks for the opp to vent a bit). :)

Last edited:

Dursland

It's not all that difficult. Try it out, quickly obvious how it works and from what I've seen it's easy enough to get 1 event building. A second building should cost 1990 diamonds unless u really muff it up.
Where did you get that cost estimate from. 2k diamonds for a second tower? lol

Runnie the Nose

A few hours ago I'd be 100% on the OP's side on this one. Now? Yeah, I finally "got" it but in my main city it's going to be a toss-up as to whether or not my 'learning curve' so seriously damaged my chances at advancing enough tiers to earn the needed upgrades despite A) my having purchased the upper tier prize package on my main and B) my using my "farmy" cities as my 'testing ground' when I started to run into trouble on my main. <sigh> I suppose I'm going to get the main building and maybe I'll even squeak in the golden upgrade but I have extreme doubts as to my ability to also obtain that yummy Keymaster's Workshop. That's certainly not a pleasant way to begin a 3-week long event barely 8 hours into it!

Oh, what did I "get" you might be wondering? (Worth mentioning since at least 1/2 the people I've talked to in-game didn't realize this either). The TOP and the BOTTOM of the keys on the gems!!!

Yes, yes, I know they're in MooingCat's guide and probably somewhere in the vid-link that Inno sent out an hour or so ago - but seriously?? I have a 15" monitor on my laptop but I can't expand the screen nor zoom in and hey, Inno, I got some new for you! My 59 year old EYES don't see those little-bitty 'tops' and 'bottoms' so well, huh? You know?! Good grief!! I thought it was a magnifying glass thingamajig. I had no idea what that or even key tops and bottoms had to do with the elements but I can sure tell you something else, I should not have to read a doggoned novel to find this stuff out!! Okay - yeah, enough. If you're not getting it - LOOK AT THE PART IN THE GUIDE ABOUT THE KEYS!!

So, I'm at 50/50 on your position, PFrocco. The events should not be so hard. It's a GAME and games are supposed to be fun not frustrate you so much you want to give up less than 8 hours after the event began! (I suppose my 50/50 stance will change as I hopefully get uber-lucky on incidents and whatnot to progress the tiers - at my present rate? Nuh-uh. Ain't gonna happen ... and right after that stupid boat? That will be the LAST time I purchase the upper tier package no matter how "Dandy" it seems. Doesn't do me a darned bit of good if I can't get the meter to move along it's path, now does it? lol) Oh, well, back to questing....my "farmy" cities require more quests! (Thanks for the opp to vent a bit). :)
what do mean about top and bottom please ?

GaKOAK

This isn't hard at all, just new. Everything you need to know is explained in the announcement and the video, plus MooingCat has a great guide and strategy video that has everything you need to know. Sure, it's more involved than events from the past that you could blindly click your way through with little or no thought, that's what makes it interesting! The rewards are far from bad too, btw.

Angry.Blanket

One has to wonder how Inno can figure out what to do next when opinions can be so drastically different, I feel this event is very fun and not really that complicated. Only real problem, if you are not willing to spend a few minutes learning before you start clicking you can waste you energies.

PFrocco

I did try it, have been playing it, that's why I say it's so bad... I didn't just look at it and say it stinks. Terrible idea for an event. I'm playing this gane over 7 years, I know bad when I play it!!!!

PFrocco

One has to wonder how Inno can figure out what to do next when opinions can be so drastically different, I feel this event is very fun and not really that complicated. Only real problem, if you are not willing to spend a few minutes learning before you start clicking you can waste you energies.
Tell me, exactly which part is *fun* to you????

Dursland

Did that too, he puts me to sleep. I';ve never seen someone talk so much and say so little in my life.
There's a written guide. Search mooingcat guides and he has his own website, the anniversary guide should be the first thing you see when you open the site.

Click that and read the guide, and it includes an automated gem solver.

Lorendar

LOL. It's so confusing that someone else had to written tutorial on how to play the event that wasn't one of the developer/design team. Someone help me up, I fallen down from laughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.