• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How are goods are locked-in at the start of GbG

In regards to GbG and goods needs for building Siege Camps and the like:

I’ve found the following on the FoE website: “The needed goods will be random, depending on the highest member age of your guild. … The more players are of a specific era, the more likely it is that a needed good is from that era.”

We’re reasonably certain goods are locked based on the eras of guild players at the start of the round. We have one player who leveled up to SAJM before the start of GbG and it could impact our ability to build if we don’t have enough goods. GbG starts in just under two days. We’re trying to figure out if goods are locked at the beginning of the season as a ratio of the players ages at the start of GbG or if SAJM goods demand will go up if more people age up after it starts.

Our initial plan is to keep our SAJM guild member, start GbG, then have a few more members age up to build goods for the treasury.

We believe SAJM goods will not be in the building list if no one is in that age from the start but if the door is open because one person is in SAJM at the start, and goods demand goes up when more people age up after the start, that would defeat the strategy of aging up after the start to compensate the one person. I hope that made sense.

Any information would be very appreciated. Kind Regards, Terg

Kranyar the Mysterious

You have the jist of it down from what I can tell. Since one player already leveled up to Jupiter you are had unless you kick him before GBG starts, since the number of players in an era doesn't determine the goods cost, just the eras where there is a player present at the start of GBG. Number of players just affects chance of a good being chosen.

I also read somewhere that if someone leaves the guild after the start of GBG that goods are recalculated and would then include Jupiter goods if anyone moved up before that recalculation. Don't know if it is true though.

If I'm wrong on any of this, I'm sure someone will quickly correct me.

So if someone leaves and there's no one left in that era, GbG will still call for those goods? That's very interesting.

Thank you both for your responses.
Now for an overly specific question to which I don't know if there is an easy answer:
Being that the more players' are of a specific era, the more likely it is that a needed good is from that era, if you start with 1 from an era and several level up in the middle of play, will the chances of a needed good from that era increase? Based on the inverse of the logic above, I tend to think it will not but who knows? This might be a difficult question to answer.

Ebeondi Asi

Being that the more players' are of a specific era, the more likely it is that a needed good is from that era, if you start with 1 from an era and several level up in the middle of play, will the chances of a needed good from that era increase? Based on the inverse of the logic above, I tend to think it will not but who knows? This might be a difficult question to answer.
No the numbers do not change after they are set at the beginning of a season