• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How can I defeat 8 dragoons? I just started Colonial age...

DeletedUser31017

I hit an 8 dragoon defense on the map. Negotiation would be way too costly and time consuming. How can I- is it possible to- defeat an 8 dragoon defense?

DeletedUser26154

How can I- is it possible to- defeat an 8 dragoon defense?

Rangers are Great for killing Dragoons.
If you have access to Rogues, try using 3 or 4 Rogues in with your Rangers.
Position your Rogues so when they get hit by enemy first attack, they get instant terrain bonus.
Rogues are not always good to use on Continent map, because A.I. is different there.
Always Google what you are curious about.
I entered "Forge of Empires Dragoon" into the Google, without the " " .

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Dragoon

DeletedUser

A. Maximize your attack boost, both from GBs and from the Tavern/boost crates, if necessary.
B. Use 8 attached Musketeers. Dragoons will move first. Use attached Musketeers because you'll lose some.
C. Kill as many as you can on the first turn. Don't hit each one once, hit one until it's dead then move on to the next one. Use this method on each subsequent turn, also.
D. Depending on terrain and your attack boosts, you can kill as many as 4 of them on the first turn. It is a war of attrition that you will win because you can hit first.
E. If the terrain and/or their movement doesn't put them within your Musketeers' move/shoot range after their first move, either surrender and try again (which costs you nothing on the Continent Map), or move your Musketeers to the very top and bottom left of the battlefield if that will put them out of the Dragoons' move/shoot range, then return to step C.

DeletedUser30312

Ranged units against fast? Can be done with enough attack bonuses, but it's risky. The Dragoons will have the advantage.

I'd go in with 8 Rangers myself. If it weren't the Continent Map, I'd send in 1 Ranger with 7 Rogues instead.

ODragon

Six grenadiers plus two musketeers or rogues. Set up a triangular formation with five grenadiers in the outside.

Wait for the dragoons come to you. When they get close enough, start ranged attack and just beat them down.

Depending on your boosts and theirs, you may not lose anyone.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Ranged units against fast? Can be done with enough attack bonuses, but it's risky. The Dragoons will have the advantage.

I'd go in with 8 Rangers myself. If it weren't the Continent Map, I'd send in 1 Ranger with 7 Rogues instead.
Except 8 Rangers can't hit first. Musketeers will hit first and with a decent attack boost will kill 3-4 Dragoons on their first turn. You'll lose a couple of troops, maybe, but you will win. That's the way I did it all the time in Colonial.