• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do I create a two way road?

Shadsam

I just built an electrical plant but it says I need a two lane road to the town hall. I built a double wide paved road but that sis not work. Is there a certain type of road that's needed?

DeletedUser13838

For a building to be considered connected to a 2-lane road, it needs to be able to trace a route to the townhall entirely through 2-lane roads. So you can't just tack on a 2x2 road to a 1-lane road. The reverse isn't true - buildings that just require a road connection can trace a route to the townhall through any sized road.

DeletedUser29404

No. Just one side of a single 2x2 Two Lane Road needs to touch your Town Hall. NOT all PE builds NEED a Two Lane Road. Check carefully which do, or don't.

KhunErtugrul

No. Just one side of a single 2x2 Two Lane Road needs to touch your Town Hall. NOT all PE builds NEED a Two Lane Road. Check carefully which do, or don't.
Thanks for the reply and the advice. I am checking very carefully. I visited a lot of cities to get planning ideas for designing my PE city, and I was amazed at how much space is wasted on two lane roads where singe lane would suffice. Expansions are really hard to come by, and I saw people wasting the equivalent of 1 or 2 expansions on two lane roads used for buildings that don't require them. Go figure.

DeletedUser29404

Thanks for the reply and the advice. I am checking very carefully. I visited a lot of cities to get planning ideas for designing my PE city, and I was amazed at how much space is wasted on two lane roads where singe lane would suffice. Expansions are really hard to come by, and I saw people wasting the equivalent of 1 or 2 expansions on two lane roads used for buildings that don't require them. Go figure.
If you look at some advanced PE cities, like mine is, you'll see how players have "squared off" a block with 2 Lane, and filled it in with regular roads..Most put their PE builds on the 'outside' of the square, this helps further down the road.

DeletedUser26154

If you look at some advanced PE cities, like mine is, you'll see how players have "squared off" a block with 2 Lane, and filled it in with regular roads

Not a good idea and let me explain why.
When you install new roads for the new era, that's a wonderful time to rearrange your buildings.
Replace and upgrade where you can.
That means stuff is gonna be moved around a lot.

So no need to waste valuable floor space with roads... twice as big as they need to be.
You want to use a few roads as possible, for best efficiency.
Let me demonstrate one example of efficiency.
I have 13 sections of 2-lane road.

32f998ed4a2563c0fbf0f323bd71642c.png

And more buildings than sections that require 2-lane service.

DeletedUser29404

When you install new roads for the new era, that's a wonderful time to rearrange your buildings.

So no need to waste valuable floor space with roads... twice as big as they need to be.

View attachment 7474

You also failed to mention, at least in the attached file, that the Town Hall was recentered or moved.

KhunErtugrul

If you look at some advanced PE cities, like mine is, you'll see how players have "squared off" a block with 2 Lane, and filled it in with regular roads..Most put their PE builds on the 'outside' of the square, this helps further down the road.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I wasn't able to see your city since we're on different worlds.

KhunErtugrul

View attachment 7474

Moving your town hall out from the corner is an interesting concept, and the way you have done it looks very efficient. I will give it consideration. I have always read that a cardinal rule for efficient city planning is to locate your town hall in a corner. I never really considered doing otherwise.