• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

how do I get a "simple shelter" in SAM?

FriarTuck

I have a colony with drop boxes. I don't see any way to get a simple shelter. Do I need something else first? TIA.

Ebeondi Asi

Yes you need something else first. You need the "Research" (Enhanced Plasteel) required for it.
The Colony bits are just like other new bits. They need he correct Research opened to have them available.

FriarTuck

I really do feel dumb! I need Mars Ore to research the Enhanced Plasteel. Do I HAVE to spend diamonds to do that? I can but they are expensive.

xivarmy

I really do feel dumb! I need Mars Ore to research the Enhanced Plasteel. Do I HAVE to spend diamonds to do that? I can but they are expensive.
No. Start the colony with all drop boxes. Collect it a few times.

Use the credits to scout ore sites on the mars continent map.

If you do want to speed up the collection of ore once you have credits using diamonds, use the diamonds on the last ore site - the one that costs the most credits (30 diamonds can get you ~100 ore)

FriarTuck

Thank you--I'll try that. I watched 3 very unhelpful utube videos ad did not learn any of this. So, thanks again.

Ebeondi Asi

Agree, use the first Colony Houses to fill up the Colony to start makig Credits to be able to make the Special Good Mars Ore.You can leave those houses up for a long time. I left those small houses up until I finished all Research.
After you finish all Research you can decide if you want/need to make Goods in the Colony..(You might need to start sooner if yo lack Event buildings to make goods?)

FriarTuck

Please walk me through the process of getting Mars Ore. I have taken all the continent map. How many credits will I need to start? When I have that many, what do I do to get Mars Ore. Thanks. SAM makes me feel as confused as I was back in EMA

xivarmy

Please walk me through the process of getting Mars Ore. I have taken all the continent map. How many credits will I need to start? When I have that many, what do I do to get Mars Ore. Thanks. SAM makes me feel as confused as I was back in EMA
Each province that has an ore site will require a different amount of credits to scout (from 250 for the cheapest 4h to 5600 for the most expensive 24 hr). The ones that cost more credits give more ore.

Just click on an ore site and it'll tell you how much it costs to start it. It'll cost ~30k credits a day to keep all the scouts going I think.

When a scout gets back you'll either have to do a fight or negotiation to claim your ore (your choice which), and then you can send it again.

FriarTuck

Yes! I finally got 155 Mars Ore. Not an obvious process but with the forum's help I figured it out. I would never have made it on my own. Yes, I'm a lot slower than the rest of the players.

FriarTuck

In case someone else is confused--to mine Mars Ore you go to your city, not your Mars Colony and then go to the contental map of mars where you hopefully, have already concurred every tile--and click on one of the rocks. It will tell you how many credits it will take and how long it will take. You can buy with diamonds an instant battle. If you can win the battle you will get the Ore. I intend to fight most of these battles when I'm leveled up a little with potions and help from my tavern.

Sharmon the Impaler

You will be wanting a bunch of eels from OC for this. All eels , no rogues. They fight first of all and hit full field , they are your killers for the C-MAP in SAM.