• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do I motivate and polish?

• Thread starter DeletedUser34529
  • Start date

WendyEJ

One really important thing I've learned is that having lots of small decorations will absolutely ruin your production and housing motivation from people that use the aid button since decorations and cultural buildings will be polished before motivation takes place when using the aid button.
Would that be why none of my buildings have stars over them??

Is there a way set up motivate so it only chooses buildings and not decorations

I have noticed in other cities that sometimes you motivate say fruit farms and in others you can't Why is that

You have both done a great job in explaining the difference between them

From now on I will go directly to their city starting with friends first as they are t he ones coming to my Tavern ;)
I believe Polishes only last 12 hours, not 24.
Seems to me that it reads 24 hours when I go to motivate/polish

Agent327

Likely you're right, that statement was nagging me a little but I was too lazy to check to be sure. I figured Agent would jump on it. :D

Trying not to, or else I would be accused of being blunt again ;)

Would that be why none of my buildings have stars over them??

Do you have lots of small decorations? Do you have aa lot of friends? Are you in a big guild? Is your hood active?

Is there a way set up motivate so it only chooses buildings and not decorations

No

I have noticed in other cities that sometimes you motivate say fruit farms and in others you can't Why is that

Most likely cause they are already motivated

Seems to me that it reads 24 hours when I go to motivate/polish

That means you can motivate/polish once every 24 hrs. A polish lasts 12 hrs. Motivation till you collect the building.

So how does one keep citizens happy

By having more happiness than needed.

You really should read this

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Game becomes better to play once you know the basics.

WendyEJ

Ok read alot while absent

Quick question

Why is it some cities have nothing to motivate or polish

Some cities have only the polish activated

Some cities have only motivate

How does that occur or happen??

Can we set it up so we can decide what gets motivated or polished??

Or did miss something while I was reading??

Kranyar the Mysterious

Since it appears you tried to find out by reading, but are still confused, I'll take a shot.

Why is it some cities have nothing to motivate or polish
Either all buildings that can be motivated or polished are already motivated or polished, or else there are no buildings in the city that can be motivated or polished.

Some cities have only the polish activated
Either all buildings that can be motivated are already motivated, or else there are no buildings in the city that can be motivated. In this case at least one building in that city can be polished.

Some cities have only motivate
Either all buildings that can be polished are already polished, or else there are no buildings in the city that can be polished. In this case at least one building in that city can be motivated.

Can we set it up so we can decide what gets motivated or polished??
No, the only way anyone has any discretion over whether they motivate or polish a building is if they manually motivate or polish a building in a city.[/QUOTE]