• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do lower level players get so many GBs?

DeletedUser

Of course, in your situation, it must have been very bad. But still, it's possible that a person loses a message. I wanted to stop a fp-good trade once, but the person didn't respond. I started a new conversation, he was very apologetic and returned the fps. So it's possible for the messages to be "flooded".
It's possible. However, if you're actively in talks (and action, as I was already donating FPs) with someone on a deal, wouldn't you be looking for the message? I always have, even when I was in leadership on a big, active guild. It's called common courtesy, if nothing else. Losing a message on a chatty conversation is understandable, but not when you're actively negotiating a deal. I mean, how long does it take, even with 13 pages of messages as he claimed, to go through and find new posts on them? If there is a post since you last looked at the thread, there's a pretty obvious mark there. A big brown circle with a number in it indicating how many unread posts there are on that message thread. Go through them once a day, and you never lose a message. Mine was there for over 3 days with no response. I interpret that as ignoring it.

DeletedUser27889

Of course, in your situation, it must have been very bad. But still, it's possible that a person loses a message. I wanted to stop a fp-good trade once, but the person didn't respond. I started a new conversation, he was very apologetic and returned the fps. So it's possible for the messages to be "flooded".
Agreed, I've done it myself. From swap and other guild threads plus conversations there have been times a message gets pushed to page 4 or so. If I don't happen to go back pages for whatever reason I end up missing it and replying long after it had been sent.

The person I bought all my goods from is very well known, top of my server. Our guilds were also friendly so I had complete trust. He at the time allowed me to pay off some goods in increments over X amount of days, I never would have asked for the goods up front. I knew he could be trusted, he had no way of knowing the same about me. There were a couple occasions he could be difficult to get ahold of, if I messaged him when he was on he would see it but given him running the #1 guild on my world, being the most popular good merchant, plus having a good amount of personal relationships with people my messages would get pushed far far back in his inbox. I never blamed him, just waited till I saw him in global or tried to send a message later on. He always held up his end of the bargain. Later on he ended up giving me some really great deals because I had bought so much from him.

DeletedUser28670

People spend exorbitant amounts of money on this game. I'll give an example- sit back, relax and munch your popcorn.
There was this one guy (he shall remain unnamed), 30k points in EMA. Pretty much inactive. One day, he comes back to the game and spends a LOT of money on it. True story. He finished spending in a week. Now he has well over a million points, 15GBs, and he's in HMA. How do I know that he spent money? Well, he was inactive until he came on! Not condemning spending $$ on the game, just very astounding to me.

DeletedUser28670

The person I bought all my goods from is very well known, top of my server. Our guilds were also friendly so I had complete trust. He at the time allowed me to pay off some goods in increments over X amount of days, I never would have asked for the goods up front. I knew he could be trusted, he had no way of knowing the same about me. There were a couple occasions he could be difficult to get ahold of, if I messaged him when he was on he would see it but given him running the #1 guild on my world, being the most popular good merchant, plus having a good amount of personal relationships with people my messages would get pushed far far back in his inbox. I never blamed him, just waited till I saw him in global or tried to send a message later on. He always held up his end of the bargain. Later on he ended up giving me some really great deals because I had bought so much from him.
Same.

Darth Mole

There's a great bloke on E world who will do 6 Arc (Future) goods for 1 FP donated.
I did 20/30 a day and simply messaged him each time I donated with a running total. When I'd got to 330 - after 11 or so days - I set up 5 trades for all the Arc goods I'd need. I used the same message I'd been using daily (so he would have been seeing it constantly) to message him re the trades and 10 mins later all the trades had been taken and I was good to go.

DeletedUser

The other thing about this guy is that he originally said that he normally sold the goods at a 1:1 ratio for FPs, but that he would give me a special rate of 1.5:1 goods to FP rate. I wouldn't have considered this, but had gotten no response from other players I had messaged. The catch to this "special rate" was that I would be limited to 50 FP on any one of his GBs. I told him I would wait a while and see if I got any other responses. I kept donating a few FP at a time to his Arc. Then he messaged me, asking if I was taking the deal, since I was donating. At that point, I figured if I was going to donate anyway, it really wasn't going to cost me anything for the goods. Except, since I was over 50 FP on his Arc, he said he would only give me the 1:1 rate. Then he asked me to put more FPs on his Arc, saying he would repay whatever I put on that level. I did, and that is when he stopped responding to my messages. No repayment, no goods. What would you have thought, if you were in my shoes?

DeletedUser28670

The other thing about this guy is that he originally said that he normally sold the goods at a 1:1 ratio for FPs, but that he would give me a special rate of 1.5:1 goods to FP rate. I wouldn't have considered this, but had gotten no response from other players I had messaged. The catch to this "special rate" was that I would be limited to 50 FP on any one of his GBs. I told him I would wait a while and see if I got any other responses. I kept donating a few FP at a time to his Arc. Then he messaged me, asking if I was taking the deal, since I was donating. At that point, I figured if I was going to donate anyway, it really wasn't going to cost me anything for the goods. Except, since I was over 50 FP on his Arc, he said he would only give me the 1:1 rate. Then he asked me to put more FPs on his Arc, saying he would repay whatever I put on that level. I did, and that is when he stopped responding to my messages. No repayment, no goods. What would you have thought, if you were in my shoes?
Now, then I would have been slightly p*ssed. But did you try to get ahold of him afterwards? It's possible that he was inactive for a shoer time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now, then I would have been slightly p*ssed. But did you try to get ahold of him afterwards? It's possible that he was inactive for a shoer time.
Yeah, I thought of that possibility, but I checked and he was very active. Including aiding me and sitting in my Tavern, battling and accumulating points, all the while ignoring my message. His only excuse was that he "lost" the message in his 13 pages of messages. That is an excuse I don't ever accept, unless it's just a conversational thread.