• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do we avoid doubling on 1.9

Xenosaur

Here's a good advanced technique that will save you from being a part of a double posting costly crash.

First - if you aren't following @xivarmy suggestion, do that immediately and enforce it. COMMUNICATE in the topic first that you're taking something, THEN venture out and take it.

If you can't get that to really take hold in your 1.9, then until it does - protect yourself.

If you call a position and begin to take it (but aren't sure someone else isn't doing the same thing....) place ONLY 1 FP of your investment into the building.

That 1 FP is sent to the service @ Inno, and it's put into the list of people on the building. THE RESULTS are then sent back to your screen.

If someone else took the slot, you'll see it immediately, because a service update was done, and that's your goal. It's the same as exiting the topic, or even the game (which is pretty drastic to get a service update...).

If you don't see anyone else, and it comes back clean - its probably such that YOU OWN the position you called in the 1.9 topic, and you can put the remainder of the FP due.

The 1 FP "tickle" FORCES the service to reconcile ALL investment and give you the absolutely latest amounts from EVERYONE - including hoodies, friends, etc.

It FORCES that to happen - so you can see who's on the building.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

This is usually a problem for players who are in a hurry. To slow them down as suggested, claim the position in the thread, then leave the thread and return to see if another has also posted the position.
Some top Guilds only require posting what is left after you take a position. (before you actually place FPs) Others require to add the actual position number to the thread. I find the Guilds that require adding the position number you plan in taking into the thread have fewer errors. (Also only one position at a time may. or may not allowed to be called) Some guilds allow more than one position to be called. but that is more error prone. And some Guidls require a player adding their own GB to the thread to have to take a position fron someone already on the list unless they are on a position already
The one FP idea is Good. No one I know uses it though.

Another problem in 1.9 is adding again to a GB one is already on. This is more of an issue in Guilds that use the image of th GB in the thread. (Added by using the paperclip) since it is not obvious you are on the GB already when you are in a hurry. Where using the look up method seeing the list of GBs you can see directly you are on the GB already

For balancing the errors. both parties are at fault in double adds. And the person owning the GB is not at fault. So the players adding should be making all adjustments to 'make it right'. The owner can refund the profit he or she made, But if they lost a double dip of Forge points. IMO that can also be taken from the return by the owner.

Last edited:

xivarmy

One final point that I forgot about in my first post: Sometimes the "doubling up" error comes from people crossposting to multiple 1.9s (say because the first one is taking longer than they had envisioned). This should be against policy as well - that before they post it to a different 1.9 they should first remove it from the first 1.9 they put it in. It should only be in one thread at a time.

Mor-Rioghain

There's some really great advice here and what I'm going to suggest isn't necessarily better but I've seen this done for multiple reasons, including avoiding what you've described. You might try just adding the 'base amount' first and then after you've received confirmation that it's posted to the GB then enter the amount of your arc contribution (if your arc is at level 80). It's a bit inelegent and is problematic if your arc isn't at an even Level 80 but it also eliminates the need for calculators and other add-ons. (TBH, my first suggestion would be with the 1 fp 'prime,' as it essentially does the same thing and if someone else should also deposit, it still serves the purpose without costing you the entire amount of the position's worth).