• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do you beat level 4 in the GE in Arctic Future?

DeletedUser12367

I have a 106% boost and can't get past the first 4 encounters. Its been this way since it was released. I get stuck at the same spot.

wolfhoundtoo

You didn't tell us the troops you are facing and the enemy boosts. That being said snake's advice is likely best: negotiate.

Your 106% is a tad on the low side for Artic. Does that include the tavern boost? You would likely need to add a few barracks with attack boost as well.

DeletedUser12367

It does not include tavern boost. I haven't tried with the extra 30%. My attack bonus GBs are all at least Lvl 10, but I find it hard to believe thousands of FPs are worth a 1% boost. I also have a lvl 10 Orangery.

The army I'm having trouble with:

Their Boost 155% A/155% D
My Boost: 106% A / 91% D

Wave 1: 8x Recon Raiders (F)
Wave 2: 3x Behemoth (H), 4x Battle Fortress (H), 1x Surrogate Soldier (R)

DeletedUser

I'll go as far as I can anymore with my armies, it's really not worth the goods needed for negotiating on level 4 to end up with what is offered in the chests.

wolfhoundtoo

It does not include tavern boost. I haven't tried with the extra 30%. My attack bonus GBs are all at least Lvl 10, but I find it hard to believe thousands of FPs are worth a 1% boost. I also have a lvl 10 Orangery.

The problem you are facing is you are significantly weaker in your attack than the defense points. You should add the tavern boost (it won't make your units tougher but it should help you do more damage and kill the enemy quicker). I'd also suggest you add enough barracks to get your attack boost to roughly equal theirs. That should improve your odds at killing the enemy. That would of course take a fair bit of city space though.

DeletedUser1753

Indeed. The GE, even on level 3 already, is tailored to those few that dump 20+ strike team barracks in their city making that the requirement to play at all. It's been made impossible for those that prefer to play a balanced game where there's also defense and goods in their cities.

DeletedUser

Not really true, level 3 isn't that hard with decent attack. Again, attack bonus and terrain can help you. Take the time to learn these and you improve you chances.

wolfhoundtoo

Indeed. The GE, even on level 3 already, is tailored to those few that dump 20+ strike team barracks in their city making that the requirement to play at all. It's been made impossible for those that prefer to play a balanced game where there's also defense and goods in their cities.

What age/era is your city? Given that the enemy boost varies by age then this may or may not be true. If you are Artic and only have level 10 attack GBs then you may be correct as I know the enemy boosts are higher in Artic than in FE (the age I stopped at). What are you facing though? Frequently you can beat up to level 3 without too much additional add on attack bonus depending on how many rogues you have and the troops you utilize (and the terrain bonuses as snake mentioned). If you have some specifics questions or scenario you want to get by you should create a thread or PM me. You might get some useful ideas (might :p).

DeletedUser15855

IMy attack bonus GBs are all at least Lvl 10, but I find it hard to believe thousands of FPs are worth a 1% boost. I also have a lvl 10 Orangery.

1% is not worth it. Multiple 1%'s are. When your Arc hits 30% you start moving up 1% each level. It's not worth it. But, a lot of those 1%'s quickly adds up. Ask anyone that's spent the time/FP to move their Arc up to 90%. Even those .5%'s add up over time. Same with attack boost. If it were easy everyone would do it. If you want the advantage you have to spend the resources.

Not really. I can finish level 3 and only have to negotiate the next-to-last battle, which I could probably win if I tried hard enough. I have 0 strike teams in my city. I have 3 barracks total and 13 goods buildings. I do have a 137% attack boost due to a level 58 CDM, level 23 Zeus and level 24 CoA as well as a level 24 AO.

That said, even with the 30% tavern boost I can't get past the first 3-4 battles in level 4. It's impossible. I'm going to be working my Zeus/CoA/AO up over the next few weeks, trying to get all of them to level 60. That will give me a much higher attack boost. I still don't think I'll necessarily be able to "walk over" level 4, but I'm hoping I can fight more of it. Until then I'll continue to negotiate. With a 30m 1-extra-attempt boost from the Tavern I can go through all of GE4 with negotiations and generally finish with at least the same number of diamonds as I started. So, it's worth it.

BTW: Most of the problem is AF troops themselves. The balancing is off. I have another account on a different world that is CE and it's actually easier to fight with that account despite the fact that it only has like a 40% attack boost. CE is the bomb, AF sucks!

wolfhoundtoo

Are you sure that it isn't CE that's off? :) Those anti aircraft guns paired with rogues take pretty much everything even on auto (well you have to hold back that one real AA gun 1st turn).

I certainly agree with your points on boosting your GBs. If people care enough they'll adjust their City to achieve their goal. If not then there is always negotiations.

DeletedUser15855

Are you sure that it isn't CE that's off? :) Those anti aircraft guns paired with rogues take pretty much everything even on auto (well you have to hold back that one real AA gun 1st turn).

;) You may be right about that!

DeletedUser11463

I'm at 121%/91% in AA and I negotiate all of L4. It isn't the percentages per se that get you. The 1st enemy army works to take out 1 or 2 troops and the 2nd army then has 8 fresh troops at huge percentages to wipe you out. Sure you could spend diamonds to refresh to 8 full troops but negotiate cost less especially with the 1 extra turn from the Tavern. I find that for most part I can solve the nego puzzles in 3-4 moves. The worst I ever had was 8 (40 diamonds) but that was near the end. Yes you do use a boatload of goods so I don't play L4 in full every week. But between diamonds and the occasional good prize (reno kit or FP's or that new farm thing at the end), I think L4 is worth it.

DeletedUser13838

Use hover tanks (but don't auto). Your boost should be sufficient but a bit more of an attack boost couldn't hurt. Maybe add some strike team centers for the added boost. I use strike teams almost exclusively for level 1 to place in the CE tower.

GeaugaDog

Even in other ages it seems best to just negotiate certain stages especially when you add in the extra tavern boost.

DeletedUser1753

Not really true, level 3 isn't that hard with decent attack. Again, attack bonus and terrain can help you. Take the time to learn these and you improve you chances.
I guess 146/106% isn't decent enough yet...
What age/era is your city?
It is AF. I get through. I also get through the 1st quarter of level 4 with fighting, maybe a little more if I tried (I haven't had a lot of time lately). And yes I have plenty rogues. But getting 2-shotted by enemies where your unit is boosted against just isn't right. Especially when your boosted unit needs 4 shots to kill that unit.
BTW: Most of the problem is AF troops themselves. The balancing is off. I have another account on a different world that is CE and it's actually easier to fight with that account despite the fact that it only has like a 40% attack boost. CE is the bomb, AF sucks!
Absolutely. The main difficulty is that almost *every* fight combines flying and hover tanks. FE units shouldn't be in level 3 anymore, but they are. For the sole reason that AF CANNOT COUNTER the combination of flying and hiding.

wolfhoundtoo

Most of the fighting units take 2 hits to kill unless they have reactive armor. You can call "BS" all you want......your basic problem is you need to learn how the fighting system actually works. Take the defense of your unit add in any defense boost (this would include all defense boosts such as terrain, unit and your GB boosts. This would not include the 30% tavern attack boost or anything that boosts attack only) that it gets and then do the same for the attacking unit (their attacking value plus any attacking boost that the enemy has for that encounter) and compare them. You'll also see in the descriptions an expected damage range. :)

As for level 3 and whether your boost is enough there are other factors at play obviously. But you didn't say what the enemy boost is as that information is going to matter a lot to that calculation. You also need to consider the terrain and unit boosts and the special abilities. then you'll actually need to consider your tactics which could make a huge difference. Lastly you need to remember that any unit that has reactive armor usually can't be killed in 2 shots (which units do you use that ignore reactive armor? if none then you'll need to factor in the max amount of damage).

Lastly and this may surprise you but you don't ACTUALLY HAVE TO USE AF UNITS FOR EVERY FIGHT simply because it's AF GE. :) Thus my comment about tactics. You have none would be my assessment other than 'see enemy kill enemy" which is why you lose so much.

DeletedUser26120

1% boost might not seem like much but by Arctic Future that actually translates to a few extra points att/def.

Do it enough and it adds up a ton.