• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How do you get a building above your Era?

DeletedUser35475

I was looking at one of my neighbors city They are in the Industrial Era. They have a Publishing House from the Progressive Era in their city How would they get this building? Would it be from a quest?

DeletedUser32355

I don't remember how (in that case), but I am in HMA and have a building from The Future. :D

DeletedUser32355

A GB. but it could be for a regular building too. If someone gets the EMA bonus quests is IA and finishes them, they could get an EMA monastery (in IA!).

DeletedUser35475

Isn't the monastery one of those no era buildings? The publishing house is a standard cultural building, not even a special that you need to buy with diamonds.
So is it possible to get other buildings from an era above you or do you only get culture ones? Could I get say a garage while I am still in the Industrial Age?

DeletedUser35475

dang. well time to leave some good plunder targets with 5 minute builds on them. we'll play the guessing game! :)

Mustapha00

Can you get troops above your era from quests too?

On one World, I'm in Colonial Age, but have advanced into the...Industrial Age, I think?- continent map.

One of the quests rewarded me with a couple Jaeger Infantry (Industrial Ear) and another with Riflemen (also Industrial). Makes for the nice core to a defensive army.

AceGoober

I've visited neighbors cities who have higher GBs then the age their cities are currently at. Off the top of my head, two reasons why:

1. Spent the diamonds for the BPs and goods needed for the GB. (Note: must have already obtained 1 BP before the GB is available to invest in)

2. Obtained BPs by being one of the five highest FP donators to a fellow Guild member's GB then trading lower age goods to get the higher age goods to build the GB. I've witnessed higher level Guild members do skewed trades to help a lower age member obtain the goods needed to build the higher age GB.

wolfhoundtoo

I've visited neighbors cities who have higher GBs then the age their cities are currently at. Off the top of my head, two reasons why:

1. Spent the diamonds for the BPs and goods needed for the GB. (Note: must have already obtained 1 BP before the GB is available to invest in)

2. Obtained BPs by being one of the five highest FP donators to a fellow Guild member's GB then trading lower age goods to get the higher age goods to build the GB. I've witnessed higher level Guild members do skewed trades to help a lower age member obtain the goods needed to build the higher age GB.

You can also get blueprints from aiding cities. The BP will be based on the age of the building aided so if you aided a future era building and got a blueprint, it would be for a future era Great Building. And yes sometimes guild members will do trades or give goods away. There are also people around that aren't guild mates that will trade you goods for lower aged goods if you donate forge points to them.