• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How do you guys get so many goods, coins, and supplies?

DeletedUser35550

takes time to build resources - a lot of the IA people you see are diamond farmers - they stay in that era and get wishing wells, Sacred Sky watches, terrace farms, fountains of youth, etc. build at your own pace - it's a marathon not a sprint, if you try to progress too quick, you can burn out and dead end

DeletedUser35550

You need 6 archer ranges for that? How bad are you at fighting, needing to have so many to spare ;)

Speaking only for myself, who started out fighting 5 months ago truly stinking - an awful, putrid smell - but gradually improving via GE practice & forum studying... I found I liked my heavy or fast units way more than the long ranged ballista. Would save you some valuable city space keeping 2-3 soldier barracks & dumping the 2 big ballista camps instead. You can win unattached ballistas in GE instead. Spearfighter camp should get tossed for sure.

Edit: if you like spearfighters for GE 1st level (I did early on) - very useful/effective against those BA units & Only takes seconds to replenish - then build it for that very early GE only. Replace it with something else for remainder of week
I also keep the Spearfighter for the recruiting unit quests early on - or build as need then delete

DeletedUser35550

That fp blackmail may work early on but as you age up - not so much. The last person who tried that with me I told them to p**s off and double plundered them every other day until the hood change.

DeletedUser35475

That fp blackmail may work early on but as you age up - not so much. The last person who tried that with me I told them to p**s off and double plundered them every other day until the hood change.

How do you double plunder?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

You're not doing anything wrong. For two and a half weeks, you're dong fairly well. Like everyone else said, people build up what they have from camping. There's not a lot of use for resources especially coins or supplies if you don't fly through the game.

OutlawDon

takes time to build resources - a lot of the IA people you see are diamond farmers - they stay in that era and get wishing wells, Sacred Sky watches, terrace farms, fountains of youth, etc. build at your own pace - it's a marathon not a sprint, if you try to progress too quick, you can burn out and dead end
Is it a good idea to start in a 2nd world just to aim at wishing wells to diamond farm?

wontn23

Looks like you're doing fairly well with coins/supplies for only 2 1/2 weeks. Goods are very low though. Take your time, stay where you are & keep building/stockpiling.

Suggestions to consider:
1-You have 11 military buildings. Do you honestly use all of them each day? If not (such as used for 1st 2-3 days of GE only), then tear them down for rest of days & use the newly obtained space/population to place extra goods buildings for remainder of week. Rebuild them again a day before GE starts - spearfighters barrack only takes seconds to build & get units (so wait til morning of GE), others will take the day to max units. You have plenty of coin/supplies to afford this. If you like to attack/plunder, then obviously keep some of them. However, you shouldn't need quite as many for that, I don't think, especially in iron age. Troops are needed for the occasional Daily Challenge quest. Whether you want to keep unused troops for that aspect is based on your other priorities at any time - there's no penalty for skipping a DC. If you haven't been doing GE, then do so fighting &/or negotiating - even at a very very basic of level of city progress, everyone should be able to make it thru level 1 at the very least - with your military commitment, I think you could do level 2 as well despite low attack/defense from only Zeus. From GE, you'll win unattached units. Use them for your city defense so you won't need all military buildings constantly (& eventually for GE too, once you win enough).

2- Great Buildings.... Keep leveling each of them. With higher Babel, you'll eventually free up some space with less housing needs. LoA obviously helps your supplies + gives goods. Oracle is fine for some happiness I think early in game. But avoid leveling it, as you're going to outgrow the need for it much sooner than you think. I deleted mine in 1st city once in IA & never built it in my other cities - got along just fine. many event buildings also provide happiness along with other traits, which will help in getting rid of happiness-only stuff. Zeus is for fighting, of course. Another lower age GB that's of great help is SMB, boosting coins + gives goods. For fighting, CoA & CDM will be needed. As you gain experience, you'll find other higher era GBs you can get (trading for them with FPs), that will vastly improve whatever play style you find to your liking.

3- I didn't add your buildings up, but just in case - make sure when the 2 triumphal arches & 2 taverns are motivated that you aren't massively over the 120% happiness threshold. Basically, make sure you actually need that many. If now or again 1 of them isn't motivated (which doubles the happy) when time to collect & happiness is too low, you can always use a self-aid kit on it. So, don't calculate their happy based on unmotivated numbers only. Again multi-purpose event buildings you win along the way will help immensely.

4- Keep spending your tavern silver to upgrade all aspects of your tavern. But the occasional purchase of coin or supply boosts can be of help. For only 200-250 silver, you can get a 4hr 20% boost (longer duration ones provide bigger boosts, but at too high a cost to the detriment of incomplete tavern early on in game).

5- Get familiar with the recurring quests. You get them to by aborting all the side quests - don't trudge thru the side quests thinking they have to be done, they're of no value. The recurring quests are of great value - giving you coins, supplies, goods, & FP packs. Set it to the coin-collecting quest when collecting houses & coin-GBs & aiding. Same thing for supplies. Set it to FP-spending quest when spending FPs (can even have it for last quest of day, spend your available FPs, then spend the morning's FPs to complete it. Unlocking research in tech tree, do it in 2's to complete that quest (you can put down the FPs needed for each available tech ahead of time, just don't unlock them on individual basis)
Excellent explanation of helpful basic tips. I wish I saw this a month ago. :) Thank You!

Jern2017

Is it a good idea to start in a 2nd world just to aim at wishing wells to diamond farm?

It definitely is in my opinion, but not until you get very familiar with the game and all it's features. If you're a newer player, you should first focus on developing your main city.