• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How does Plundering work these days?

WinnerGR

I am sorry to bother y'all but I decided to go and kill all the lower people in my neighborhood and I was plundering one of their wire mills and I revived 6 wires. I have had a little search of the forums but I couldn't find any changes to plundering, such as you receive as many wires as the time through production over the total production time divided by output, or something like that. I considered contacting support but I thought I'd ask the wonderful forums first :).

Pericles the Lion

I am sorry to bother y'all but I decided to go and kill all the lower people in my neighborhood and I was plundering one of their wire mills and I revived 6 wires. I have had a little search of the forums but I couldn't find any changes to plundering, such as you receive as many wires as the time through production over the total production time divided by output, or something like that. I considered contacting support but I thought I'd ask the wonderful forums first :).
6 wires would be a 2-day production where the player does not have the goods deposit boost

Kranyar the Mysterious

I suspect that it is probably more likely someone with goods buildings in their city would have unboosted ones in their mix once you get a few eras into the game, since they obviously don't understand the intricacies of goods production and are just throwing out buildings for the goods they think they need to produce. Also, the more outdated regular buildings in their city, the higher I suspect the likelihood of this occurring would be.

Gypsy Grace

EMA here and plunder almost daily. I keep notes because I want my men to get the most for their efforts! I find lots of people with unboosted goods...I consider them as potential recruits for my guild if their city isn't messed up too bad.

wolfhoundtoo

If you can't trade for the goods and can't get them from buildings or quests then strictly speaking it is still cheaper to make them yourself than exchanging them on the market with the merchant.

Emberguard

The only real difference in plundering you’ll come across is the Galata Tower (% chance to stop your plunder) and any buildings that don’t require motivation to produce their full production (and therefore get Aided after all “if motivated” buildings)

Ebeondi Asi

If you can't trade for the goods and can't get them from buildings or quests then strictly speaking it is still cheaper to make them yourself than exchanging them on the market with the merchant.
To clarify this is mentioning reasons for making Goods you don't have the deposits for. so for th the same time and costs you get 1/5th as many

Ironrooster

There are quests which require you to have all the goods buildings for your age. One of them is in the Colonial Age.
These can usually be aborted. But when I have the room I do build all the goods buildings. Once built I use the unboosted goods buildings until I have a better use for the space.

MJ Artisan of War

Also, some use upboosted goods buildings to give the plunderer something to hit... thus keeping other bldgs safe for 24 hours....
If they have extra space it works.... i don't care if they only give me a few goods, the fun is in the fight....

WinnerGR

I suspect that it is probably more likely someone with goods buildings in their city would have unboosed ones in their mix once you get a few eras into the game, since they obviously don't understand the intricacies of goods production and are just throwing out buildings for the goods they think they need to produce. Also, the more outdated regular buildings in their city, the higher I suspect the likelihood of this occurring would be.
I am in PE in now so that is a lot more than a few ages into the game and when you combine that with the fact that their literally the absolute bottom of my neighborhood it does all make perfect sense. I kinda feel sorry for people like that because your not getting the full experience out of this game if your using unboosted goods buildings, or goods buildings at all in PE. I probably stopped using them in EMA and never used them unboosted.

..Boudica..

Wait. Quests that require all the goods buildings available in your Era? Never saw one. I have zero goods buildings and it's been this way a lonnng time. I'm not saying there isn't one, only that I don't recall ever seeing one. Regular story quests or event quests?

wolfhoundtoo

I don't remember when they appear but there is at least one that does require you to build all of your goods building relatively early on as I recall. Mind you it requires you to have them all built as I recall not that you need to use them.

Sharmon the Impaler

Wait. Quests that require all the goods buildings available in your Era? Never saw one. I have zero goods buildings and it's been this way a lonnng time. I'm not saying there isn't one, only that I don't recall ever seeing one. Regular story quests or event quests?

There is a quest to collect all goods from your Era but none to have all the goods buildings built. I would have remembered that one.

Emberguard

Think there’s one in late middle ages

There is a quest to collect all goods from your Era but none to have all the goods buildings built. I would have remembered that one.
No there was definitely a build all goods buildings from your era in at least one of the middle ages

Johnny B. Goode

Think there’s one in late middle ages

No there was definitely a build all goods buildings from your era in at least one of the middle ages
There is definitely at least one of the early eras with this quest. I think it's an abortable Side quest. I know it is abortable because I never bother with it. Frequently the goods techs are on a dead end of the tech tree and I save those for "Research a Tech" quests. I almost never use goods buildings except occasionally in Bronze Era for a very, very short time.