• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How does your guild use the GBG symbols?

Fishercat.

A couple of my guildmates are in guilds on other worlds that use the 1613943906535.png and 1613943932651.png symbols differently than the guild we're all in. I'm a GBG leader; it never occurred to me before that we'd need to explain how we used the symbols to new, but experienced, guildmates. Most of the guilds on Birka tend to use the symbols in a similar way. I'm interested in how other guilds, particularly on other worlds, use them.

How does yours?

The one I'm in on G uses the slash for sectors we're only softlocking and not taking and the... target-ish shape for ones we want to take. That seems to be the default here in my experience but I have an admittedly limited amount of it.

MJ Artisan of War

On both of my Worlds they are used thusly:
Ghostbuster sign-- Attack but don't flip--Stop 10 short of flip
Target Arrows-- Attack & Take
No symbol-- Ignore-- Don't Hit It

KevinP0208

Really? My guild is uses it to what we called "normal". Which was: Target = Take ASAP, and zero with slash = Don't touch. None meant do whatever u wish with it. Now reading the above, I'm wondering our we the only guild doing that?

wolfhoundtoo

We use a GBG thread, use the arrows to designate targets and the ghostbuster sign to mean you should stay away from it. We found that people would finish off sectors even with the ghostbuster sign if they are considered targets.

So Arrows 1st then switch to ghostbuster when it comes time to stop (it took a bit of trial and error to get it mostly correct).

Main thing is we tend to post 'burner' targets with the arrow signs and in the thread letting people know that they can attack (and take) the designated sectors.

Fishercat.

@ Agent327:

My guild uses the slashed circle to mean Do Not Hit. Other guilds on Birka seem to use it similarly, as it's commonly called a "DNH." We use the flashing arrows to mean "hit and take." We have a targeting thread where we describe soft locks as X & HOLD (X = goal #). When we want targets soft locked, we light them up (with the arrows), then watch the map and slap the DNH on when we're within a couple of points of the goal.

My differently trained guildmates are both in other guilds that use the DNH symbol to indicate a soft lock of 150. Since we use it to keep people off allies' camp tiles, that was an unpleasant surprise. I figured raising the question here might help spread the word that not everyone uses the symbols the same way, which is really important to know!

Vger

We use Arrows to mean attack, but you need to keep up with the GBG thread to know if it's a take or a soft lock.
Ghostbuster - Stay away.
Arrows get switched to Ghostbuster if it's a softlock and we hit the cap, but only if somebody is paying attention. Doesn't always happen, and people don't always notice when it does.

Reading this thread, I'm thinking a 3'rd symbol would be a better fit for the way people actually play the game. Is it accurate to say all guilds want to communicate 1 of 3 states?:
  1. Attack! And take it!
  2. Attack, but soft lock at X (whatever X is for your guild)
  3. Poison, keep away, do not attack.

Fishercat.

Is it accurate to say all guilds want to communicate 1 of 3 states?
I would think so. Or, at least 3 states. I can think of some others:

* Softlock, then take after X minutes.
* Take ASAP.
* Softlock, but take if opposing flag reaches X.

Birka custom holds that on >2 guild swaps, it's polite to allow the other guild that can hit the tile a 10-20 minute grace period to get their hits in, before closing. Where swapping is between only 2 guilds, the tiles should flip ASAP.

Softlock but take if opposing flag reaches X is useful for early or fight-only seasons, where you want to delay closing for strategic purposes.

Tony 85 the Generous

We use Arrows to mean attack, but you need to keep up with the GBG thread to know if it's a take or a soft lock.
Ghostbuster - Stay away.
Arrows get switched to Ghostbuster if it's a softlock and we hit the cap, but only if somebody is paying attention. Doesn't always happen, and people don't always notice when it does.
I think that is an artifact f the game "design". If the symbol is changed while you are fighting/negotiating. After you complete, the sector status (with the choice of attack/neg/building) covers the sector. So you cannot actually physically see the symbol changed unless you close the sector window and return to the map.
Reading this thread, I'm thinking a 3'rd symbol would be a better fit for the way people actually play the game. Is it accurate to say all guilds want to communicate 1 of 3 states?:
  1. Attack! And take it!
  2. Attack, but soft lock at X (whatever X is for your guild)
  3. Poison, keep away, do not attack.
Good luck with that. Being 'softlock' is aplyer driven initiative, I am doubtful of ever seeing that from Inno. I have seen zero items added to the game to help with player derived aspects (such as anything that helps with 1.9, etc).

So it is rare. but since each Guild is a unique group, the leaders can make them be whatever they want. It would be up to the new members to learn the rules.
In a way same thing about 1.9 threads. every Guild does 1.9 lightly differently. (and that is annoying IMO, but it was MY JOB to learn the Guilds rules as they wish them to be.(and even after months in a Guild I sometimes forget THAT guild does this exact thing every time.)
Interesting. I know of a few methods for claiming 1.9 spots. Two methods for running a leveling party where there is one owner posting at a time (list and fill, or post the number spot you want) and one for multi-owner thread posting (owner lists all spots lockable and you copy-delete the spot you want-paste). Though I find these to work the best for their situation. I wonder if there are others.

Kranyar the Mysterious

On both of my Worlds they are used thusly:
Ghostbuster sign-- Attack but don't flip--Stop 10 short of flip
Target Arrows-- Attack & Take
No symbol-- Ignore-- Don't Hit It
This is the way just about every top tier guild I've been in on multiple worlds runs things, though many use 140 instead of 150, since at the high speed of capture it is very possible to flip it accidently if it is set to 150.

Really? My guild is uses it to what we called "normal". Which was: Target = Take ASAP, and zero with slash = Don't touch. None meant do whatever u wish with it. Now reading the above, I'm wondering our we the only guild doing that?
On mid-tier or lower guilds I usually see it done this way.

BruteForceAttack

Focus -> Hit
Stop -> No further hits.

In threads each tile will be posted as take or stop @nnn, GBG leader switches the flag from focus to stop when nnn fights are done.

Fishercat.

This is the way just about every top tier guild I've been in on multiple worlds runs things, though many use 140 instead of 150, since at the high speed of capture it is very possible to flip it accidently if it is set to 150.

On mid-tier or lower guilds I usually see it done this way.

I'm in a Diamond League guild on Birka; other Diamond League guilds also refer to the slashed circle as DNH.