1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.153

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

How easy is it to get OF troops while in CE?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by MCH1, Jun 13, 2019.

1. MCH1

MCH1 Active Member

I was able to get PME troops while in indy, and have decided I want to do that again, but be in a later era so I have more expansions. I read that in CE you can get OF troops. is this similar difficulty to getting PME troops in indy, harder or easier? It is even a realistic goal if I can't spend any diamonds?

2. xivarmy

xivarmy Well-Known Member

probably a bit harder if for no other reason than AF continent map is a lot more to clear. You also need to take Stress Management near the very end of CE tree to get into TE story - so getting through later ages of story depends on having saved some optional techs earlier in the tree (you can also skip the bottom row of CE tree for 4 of those techs). you may find yourself needing to move to TE to keep going if you run out of techs.

Hover Tanks from FE story are perhaps the most useful unit to get though, and that's very realistic. To get 4 of them instead of 1 make sure to negotiate with the first leader of the FE continent - when you meet her later in the continent she'll thank you with 3 hover tanks in a side quest. Attack Helicopters can then fight most of the rest of the continent.

MCH1 likes this.
  3. wjblaney

wjblaney Member

As #xivarmy says, it's very difficult (read expensive) to get through the AFE continent map. There are 40 provinces. Whilst I was in the CE though, I was able to obtain all 5 TE troops and more than one each, without having to finish the AFE map.

MCH1 likes this.