• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How has Forge of Empires changed your life?

• Thread starter DeletedUser21322
  • Start date

DeletedUser21322

Hello,

We have heard many stories about how FOE has built friendships. Please share with us a good thing that has been brought to you by Forge of Empires.

Thank you

Your FOE Team.

DeletedUser11375

I have been playing Forge of Empires for since 2013. I have loved the camaraderie and social aspect of the game more than anything. I was in a very tight guild in Houndsmoor where I developed intimate close friendships with wonderful people all around the world. On March 25th, 2016, one of my guild mates sent me a message crying out for my help in dealing with a friend of hers from another guild. His daughter had died and no one would talk to him or knew how to console him. She immediately thought of me and asked if he minded me writing him. He had stayed briefly in our guild so we knew of each other casually and agreed to my messaging him through Forge. I sat at my computer for over an hour, staring at the message screen wondering what to say to this poor man who felt so lost and alone, so desperately segregated from his world. I decided to just jump in and be my "typical gypsyXqueen" self. We have not gone a single day since without writing or talking to each other. There was a cosmic soul wrenching connection that withstood time and distance.

After a year of writing as pen pals and forging together, he packed up everything he could in his jeep and drove to be with me all the way across the country. We have been living together in perfect bliss for over a year and we thank the universe for Forge of Empires every day!!! We only love each other more everyday and plan on always Forging together!
Ours is truly the most romantic Forge Love story!
Thank you, Forge of Empires!!!!
Armando54 and GypsyXQueen

DeletedUser27889

I move around a lot. Six times in the last 8 years. Living this sort of vagabond way I more or less don't mingle myself in any given state or location because I've gotten so used to saying goodbye, or needing to say goodbye I don't bother to have much more than cordial interactions with the people around me. I have my solid group of friends back home that I visit when I can and my family with me. FoE has given me friends that I can take with me. It's been something consistent to have for the last 2 years, even though I've lived in 3 different states during that time.

Although facebook is a great way to keep in touch with people FoE provides something to do with people and a subject for us to talk about. I also am not one to open up at all (see above always having to say goodbye) though I do think of myself as an open book I rarely bring up personal subjects or share personal details. However with FoE people were talking about the game so I never feel that sense of exposure yet at the same time feel as though while my guildmates/ in game friends probably couldn't tell you a single detail about me or my life, they actually know me, my personality, my quirks, my strengths my weaknesses quite well as I do theirs.

Case in point this is probably by far the most personal/wishy washy statement I've made on the forums or to anyone in game.

DeletedUser32009

I have extreme ptsd, which causes me to be agoraphobic. It has reached a point I cant socialize with anyone except my husband. My social skills had become very poor. My therapist recommended I play an online game where I could join a group. I saw an ad on tv for FOE and started playing around Halloween. I stick my foot in my mouth sometimes, but people are usually pretty patient. I enjoy chatting with people and my communication skills seem to be improving.

Victoria and Albert

The other day I was sitting in our tv room tapping away at FOE and out of the corner of my vision I saw someone in red, riding a white horse on the road in front of my house. I threw my phone down, broke out into a sweat and realized that FOE was causing Napoleon hallucinations. But then, I glanced out the other window and there really was a person in red, riding a horse past my house. For a few seconds, I really thought FOE had rewired my brain...