• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How Important Is A Strong Guild?

Bruadhin

That's an impossible question to answer without knowing your goals in the game.

That's fair. Which I really don't know how to answer in terms that would be useful. My only real goal is to have fun, once I stop having fun I'll stop playing.

Really, I like advancing and unlocking new things. Getting new "stuff" basically so that it is cool. New units, new buildings, seeing interesting stuff in the city.

I realize that probably doesn't help, but that really is the situation.

DeletedUser31440

Some things that will be available with more mature guilds:

Guild Treasury shouldn't be an issue, and most likely GE4 gets unlocked each week.
More advanced players who can offer advice and tips about how to build your city.
Higher Level Guild = faster troop training time, more daily fp's and cheaper construction.
More advanced players can sometimes turn into cheap or free goods for GB's.
More advanced players will generally mean that you can use Arc support to level your GB's.
More advanced players will generally mean more access to and cheaper bp's for GB's.
More advanced players with large goods stockpiles can sometimes mean that you can post unfair trades for goods needed for GE negotiations. (I personally friggin hate this, but I'm in the minority for that)

Bruadhin

So it sounds like that unless you are looking to lead a guild or be instrumental in its building, joining a more advanced and mature guild will lead to an easier experience?

Any tips to finding one, just start asking more experienced guilds if I can join?

DeletedUser31440

So it sounds like that unless you are looking to lead a guild or be instrumental in its building, joining a more advanced and mature guild will lead to an easier experience?

Any tips to finding one, just start asking more experienced guilds if I can join?

Look for guilds that are level 40+, but outside of the top 20. Inside top 20 they are more likely to be GvG centric and may not be willing to accept new players. Read the guild profiles to figure out who to ask for an invitation and ask pointed questions about the guild. This will help you understand what they offer and it will also let them know that you are seriously searching for a good fit guild.

Bruadhin

Look for guilds that are level 40+, but outside of the top 20. Inside top 20 they are more likely to be GvG centric and may not be willing to accept new players. Read the guild profiles to figure out who to ask for an invitation and ask pointed questions about the guild. This will help you understand what they offer and it will also let them know that you are seriously searching for a good fit guild.

Awesome, thank you for your help.

Kranyar the Mysterious

One caveat with more advanced guilds is that it can be much harder to get rewards on great buildings in the swap threads if you have to compete against a lot of level 80 Arc's.

My first guild was like that, and I was obviously a fish out of water in it. So I quit and found a guild that was around #100 at the time with a full roster that opened GE 4 every week. I was able to grow with that guild, and we became a top 30 guild eventually with lots of level 80 Arcs, but by the time that happened I was a level 80 Arc too, in the top 20 in the guild, and able to "play with the big boys".

A much more satisfying experience.

Bruadhin

One caveat with more advanced guilds is that it can be much harder to get rewards on great buildings in the swap threads if you have to compete against a lot of level 80 Arc's.

My first guild was like that, and I was obviously a fish out of water in it. So I quit and found a guild that was around #100 at the time with a full roster that opened GE 4 every week. I was able to grow with that guild, and we became a top 30 guild eventually with lots of level 80 Arcs, but by the time that happened I was a level 80 Arc too, in the top 20 in the guild, and able to "play with the big boys".

A much more satisfying experience.

Thank you for adding this. So it sounds like look for guilds that are a bit lower down the list? More open to new members, and more opportunity to benefit from swap threads?

I'm in a small guild right now with a few members, but really only the leader and I are active in the swap threads.

Kranyar the Mysterious

On one world I am in a guild of 25 members, and it is extremely active, so size isn't always the determining factor, but smaller guilds tend to be less active on average.

Large guilds that have open membership and open level 4 of GE every week without fail are a good target because opening level 4 every week indicates that they have a stable treasury (which indicates an active guild), plus leadership that is around to open it up. These guilds also get fresh blood fairly often, which is helpful if they clear out the deadwood regularly.

When I first started out a couple of my latest worlds I guild hopped for a substantual amount of time gaining blueprints, making trades, and aiding to fulfill recurring quests to gain goods and fp.

During this time I noticed that most guilds are pretty much dead. They don't add new members to swap threads (or maybe don't have them), usually because the leadership is MIA. This also means that they don't open up the GE, which is the best source of diamonds in the game other than your credit card. There isn't anyone to help with trades, and on and on. Unfortunately, most new players don't know to treat these guilds like they would the plague.

Another type of guild I saw a lot of are old guilds where very few players have any great buildings of any kind. Makes it hard to advance in the game if you can't swap fp for prints and rewards. Avoid these too.

Jern2017

Ozyman explained the benefits perfectly.

I would like to add that such high level, advanced guilds will generally have pretty strict rules and require the members to:

complete all four difficulties of the Guild Expedition

take part in GVG

donate to the Guild Treasury or have a Great Building that produces the goods for it

have the Observatory, especially if the guild is heavily involved in GVG

donate FPs to GBs that help the guild

donate FPs to new GBs built by other members of the guild

aid the members of the guild regularly

It's hard to advance a guild towards a good rank, the same goes for keeping it there, that is why the things I mentioned may be required.

Bruadhin

Thank you as well. The only part I would have a problem with is GvG as I play on mobile. I would need to get an Observatory, but that can be done. I finally got the Arc.

Mustapha00

FoE seems to me to be one of the games that just cannot be "soloed" either easily or rewardingly.

Joining a good, solid social Guild will make pretty much any facet of the game easier (for both you and for them), which leads to a better, more rewarding gaming experience. A more satisfied player tends to hang around longer.

As for finding such a Guild, look no further than the Server Forums here on this site. For whichever game world(s) you select to play, there will be a Form in which Guilds post their recruitment messages (often along with Guild requirements, such as GE participation minimums and the like) and also Forums on which players indicate their willingness to send and/or accept Friends Invitations (also very important to have as full a Friends List as possible).

Welcome to the game!

DeletedUser3882

Thank you as well. The only part I would have a problem with is GvG as I play on mobile. I would need to get an Observatory, but that can be done. I finally got the Arc.
Observatory is a bit of a misnomer... Really only for new(er) players being that it’s so cheap/small. Once one has it, check it off the list and forget about it. You already have an Arc, so Treasury is taken care of 10fold. Hunt the prints in f you must, but it’s already taken care of.
Depends on the guild, but one with “sensible” leadership it shouldn’t be an issue.
The secondary bonus is “support pool” (added defense in GvG). This is also boosted if you have any of the defensive GBs. Deal, Basils, and TA.

So again, little bit of common sense goes a long way and should factor in to your decision on joining. Those Guild “rules” floating around should really be an Obs *OR* an Arc or weekly manual Treasury donations. Obs *OR* Deal/Basil (but I haven’t seen many sticklers on the defense part).

Bruadhin

Observatory is a bit of a misnomer... Really only for new(er) players being that it’s so cheap/small. Once one has it, check it off the list and forget about it. You already have an Arc, so Treasury is taken care of 10fold. Hunt the prints in f you must, but it’s already taken care of.
Depends on the guild, but one with “sensible” leadership it shouldn’t be an issue.
The secondary bonus is “support pool” (added defense in GvG). This is also boosted if you have any of the defensive GBs. Deal, Basils, and TA.

So again, little bit of common sense goes a long way and should factor in to your decision on joining. Those Guild “rules” floating around should really be an Obs *OR* an Arc or weekly manual Treasury donations. Obs *OR* Deal/Basil (but I haven’t seen many sticklers on the defense part).

Thanks, that makes sense too. Particularly with more mobile players, many will never touch GvG so I would think most would skip Obs and just focus on Arc. I followed the advice given earlier and reached out to several guilds, I found one to join and already is it vastly more active. I hate to leave the previous guild, but it really didn't make much sense as only two us of were really active in it.

Agent327

A level 10 Observatory gives you 100 support pool. Deal and St Basil only give 30 on level 10 and contrary to what you seem to think, TA does not give support pool at all.

Thanks, that makes sense too.

No, it doesn't.