• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How important is high level Chateau for AF?

DeletedUser37627

I estimate I'll run out room in CE and make the jump up to AF by the end of Carnival event which last year was mid March. The thing is between now and then I'll be levelling my attack buildings to get from my current 300/125 to at least 350/160. But that would mean leaving my Chateau at it's current level 17.

Currently my CDM is lvl 39, Zeus 11, COA and TA lvl 10. AO lvl 6. Traz lvl 41.

I'd rather age up for space than delete FP production. But I also don't want to get mollywhopped in GE and GBG.

DeletedUser38368

It sounds to me like you're aging up too quickly. I understand that everyone plays the game differently and wants to experience it in their own way and all

BUT

It might be best for you to slam on the breaks a bit and power level what you have before hitting the big leagues. Remember, you can't age down later once you've entered into a scenario where you're severely outclassed in every way by your hood.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37627

It sounds to me like you're aging up too quickly. I understand that everyone plays the game differently and wants to experience it in their own way and all

BUT

It might be best for you to slam on the breaks a bit and power level what you have before hitting the big leagues. Remember, you can't age down later once you've entered into a scenario where you're secretly outclassed by your hood.

I appreciate the advice but I'm looking for input about how bad I need a high Chateau when I move up to AF. Hoods don't matter. Just collect on time. Plus all that space spent on city defense will benefit you more if spent on FP and attack. Being scared of moving up because you can get plundered by hoodies is probably the biggest thing that needs to change in this game. The biggest bullies will get in no matter how high your defense and if somehow your defense is high enough to keep them out, you are spending so much space on defense that you are stunting your own growth because you can fit a boatload of attack and FP into that much space instead.

What I am concerned about is spending too many goods in GE because my attack isn't high enough. So I'm trying to get it as high as I can before lack of space forces me to age up. I could delete lower age SOKs for new event buildings, but I'd rather not lose the FP.

Thus my conundrum. It seems 350 is about the minimum attack needed to get by in GE 4 in AF and I can get there before running out of space, but I probably don't have time to also level my Chateau. Is it more important to have 350 attack and lvl 17 Chateau or 325 attack and lvl 60 Chateau?

Counting 6 diamond expansions I can buy I have 9-10 expansions worth of room. Maybe I'm overestimating and this space won't be taken up by event buildings from Forge Bowl and Carnival events and thus I can hold off aging up at least another month til the end of Spring event. But I also plan on adding more attack buildings through the auction over these months and that will take up space.

DeletedUser29726

Chateau is more important in getting to AF quickly than in sitting in it. You're going to want decent amounts of TE and FE goods on the way, and the fastest way to get them yourself is to quest. A higher level chateau means both more goods per quest and cheaper net cost of unbirthdays due to boosts on the coin and supply rewards.

DeletedUser37627

Chateau is more important in getting to AF quickly than in sitting in it. You're going to want decent amounts of TE and FE goods on the way, and the fastest way to get them yourself is to quest. A higher level chateau means both more goods per quest and cheaper net cost of unbirthdays due to boosts on the coin and supply rewards.

Thank you! I've actually got all the TE and FE goods I need for tech tree, I'm guessing that's why you say I need them. I'll have all the AF goods before I age up except Promethium. I'm also down to the last 8 provinces of the AF map.

Seems like good news to me. I'd rather have as high an attack as I can get before aging up and levelling Chateau would get in the way of that.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I agree with Xivarmy. Getting 40 or 50 goods at each pop really does make a huge difference compared to only getting 10 to 15. To me a high level Chateau is important no matter what era you are in, and there is no such thing as one that is too high, so long as you have the fp to spare to level it up.

DeletedUser37627

I agree with Xivarmy. Getting 40 or 50 goods at each pop really does make a huge difference compared to only getting 10 to 15. To me a high level Chateau is important no matter what era you are in, and there is no such thing as one that is too high, so long as you have the fp to spare to level it up.

Agreed there's no such thing as too high of a Chateau.