• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How Long Does It Last?

DeletedUser185

Does anyone know how long the building motivation/polish lasts???

Is it 12 or 24 hours or something else???

Thx in advance

DeletedUser

If you support someones building you will double production of that building.
And if you polish it will double happiness of polished building for 12 hours.

If you hover your mouse over the polish/motivate button it will give you those informations.

DeletedUser185

so they last for 12 hours then??? Both of them?

Also, not sure, but when someone Motivates a building, is it cutting the production time in 1/2???

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No,when you motivate a building it will double current production of that building,foe example if someone set his Shoemaker on 1 hour production which is 210 supplies per hour,when you motivate that Shoemaker you will double its production so it will be 420,you can motivate only one building once in 24 hour period.
And no,it doesn't cut the production time.

DeletedUser185

Well something isn't right, I had a building making dye, take 4 hours min. to complete, I already had it running, built a marble building, took 30 minutes to build, supposedly 4 hours to manufacture.

Both are things in which were conguered BTW.

The marble just completed with 5 units, the dye still has 40 minutes to go?????

Someone motivated a building, but of course, we do not know which one....hahaha

That is what brought up my question....

I appreciate all your feedback Rider

DeletedUser

Hmm not sure about that,but it shouldn't have anything with motivating since you can't motivate building in which you produce goods.you can motivate only supplie buildings and houses.

DeletedUser185

I thought when you polish something, that effects village happiness, when you motivate a building, the affects the housing and the coins they produce??? LOL

I threw a minor proposal out that that would help a bit on this, maybe it will get picked up???
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?141-Minor-Proposals/page5

Hmm not sure about that,but it shouldn't have anything with motivating since you can't motivate building in which you produce goods.you can motivate only supplie buildings and houses.

DeletedUser

Rider has explained everything correctly. If you still don't understand, read what he wrote again.

Before the update, every time you changed tabs it would bug the work times, usually causing them to drastically slow down but also sometimes causing weird things to happen such as buildings finishing early. These were both fixed by a refresh. It seems to me all time delay bugs have been fixed with the latest update so I think we can rule that out as an explanation. I assume you tried a refresh anyway. If that didn't fix it, perhaps you had set the dye for 8 hours rather than 4. That's the only reason I can think of.

To answer your original question, even though that's already been done, a polished building lasts 12 hours, although one person can only polish your buildings once per 24 hours. Motivation does not last for any fixed period of time other than the supplies' expiration time. If a building is motivated, it doubles its production for its current production task, whether that's 5 minutes or 1 day.

Since goods buildings can't be boosted and no form of boosting affects the duration of a task, that's completely unrelated to the problem you're having.

DeletedUser185

Yes, Rider, as always, has been an awesome help, I did understand the times on the polish, but didn't catch the motivation part, but as you stated Rider nailed it, I didn't catch the wording correct about the production, my bad.

That was my primary question to begin with, as far as what happened with the buildings and time it took to produce, this was the first occurance and part of why I posed the question. I will watch it as it might have been happy fingers on my part...lol

Rider has explained everything correctly. If you still don't understand, read what he wrote again.

Before the update, every time you changed tabs it would bug the work times, usually causing them to drastically slow down but also sometimes causing weird things to happen such as buildings finishing early. These were both fixed by a refresh. It seems to me all time delay bugs have been fixed with the latest update so I think we can rule that out as an explanation. I assume you tried a refresh anyway. If that didn't fix it, perhaps you had set the dye for 8 hours rather than 4. That's the only reason I can think of.

To answer your original question, even though that's already been done, a polished building lasts 12 hours, although one person can only polish your buildings once per 24 hours. Motivation does not last for any fixed period of time other than the supplies' expiration time. If a building is motivated, it doubles its production for its current production task, whether that's 5 minutes or 1 day.

Since goods buildings can't be boosted and no form of boosting affects the duration of a task, that's completely unrelated to the problem you're having.