• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How long should u stay in iron age?( on average) no what ifs

DeletedUser35133

How long should i stay in iron age? i have loa and about to get traz and i already have zeus im about to unlock plundering.

Ta 152H

How long should i stay in iron age? i have loa and about to get traz and i already have zeus im about to unlock plundering.

I can't tell you what's right for you, but I can tell you what I did, and it may make sense, or it may not.

When I started on Z, my first priority was to get to GE tech right away, and once there, to complete L4 GE. The first couple of weeks, it wasn't easily possible, but I kept working towards that, and eventually got to the point where I lost essentially no units (which helped, since I had no barracks). Then my other goal was to get four Terrace Farms before moving up to EMA. The reason is, they have very low population requirements, and still produce the same amount of forge points as one from Oceanic.

Once I got my four, I was off to EMA, so I could collect massive amounts of Hagia blueprints. I would have stayed a little longer in IA, except for that, maybe for a fifth TF, but I felt the small population difference was more than compensated for by additional Hagia blueprint possibilities.

The main thing though is, make sure you can do L4 GE, and make sure you can do it in the age you move up to before you do. The rewards are so significant that missing out on them is a significant detriment to advancing faster than you should. Waiting weeks on top of weeks for Terrace Farms could easily be considered overkill, and it's not difficult for me to understand why people would not agree with that. But, being able to do L4 GE I believe is fundamentally sound, and well worth the effort put into it.

Of course, that's my suggestion, and others feel like moving up quickly makes more sense. I'm giving you a reason why I did not. GE rewards are so significant, I believe using that as one way to measure your speed is not inappropriate, and probably should be given some consideration.

DeletedUser31592

I despise Iron Age, so I get out of there as quickly as possible.

DeletedUser31592

Forever, sounds like you're on your way to a nice diamond farm.

I see people say this a lot. What makes you hate it so much?

Space has always been an issue in IA. The butcher is huge, and it is the smallest of the supply buildings. Paired with the small city size, it makes IA challenging.

And now since PvP is locked, along with DCs and never-ending events, you basically have to unlock PvP to fulfill the quests, yet you can't actually attack the majority of the hood. Super annoying. Easier to progress to EMA, where the 3x3 supply buildings will save some space. Although I know fighters hate EMA due to the troops, I can run a city in EMA on autopilot with virtually no effort. I will typically stay in EMA and work on getting and Arc and a Chateau up and leveled decently before progressing further.

Ta 152H

Space has always been an issue in IA. The butcher is huge, and it is the smallest of the supply buildings. Paired with the small city size, it makes IA challenging.

And now since PvP is locked, along with DCs and never-ending events, you basically have to unlock PvP to fulfill the quests, yet you can't actually attack the majority of the hood. Super annoying. Easier to progress to EMA, where the 3x3 supply buildings will save some space. Although I know fighters hate EMA due to the troops, I can run a city in EMA on autopilot with virtually no effort. I will typically stay in EMA and work on getting and Arc and a Chateau up and leveled decently before progressing further.

The solution to that is quite simple, you don't use butchers, you use blacksmiths.

You don't have to unlock PvP to fulfill quests at all. As you correctly stated, even if you do, you end up not being able to attack many people. You can normally fulfill them GE very easily, if you've built your city that way. If you can't, you just get the kills on the GvG map. I never had a real problem with it, but I will admit it can be inconvenient. And if you don't have the GvG option, you have to be sure to plan GE accordingly. And one time a week, GE is closed.

You're right about people complaining about EMA and the troops, but I have no idea why. I don't find it significantly more difficult than IA. The "secret" is using Heavy Cavalry fairly often, and most people refuse to see horses as useful troops in almost any age, in almost any scenario. Sometimes they are in EMA, and IA, but more in EMA in my opinion.

Moving from IA to EMA, one of the big changes is the artillery is a lot weaker, and I think people fall in love with ballista in IA and then don't like catapults as much in EMA, and thus dislike the age. Clearly the relationship in IA is ballista own archers, but in EMA, they are relatively significantly weaker against Mounted Archers. Heavies are relatively stronger (nothing does significant damage to them), and so are horses, since range units and artillery units do very little damage to them, and their relationship with lights and heavies is pretty close to what they had in IA.

Of course, by extension, champs are useful in EMA, but they take so long to heal, I typically use HC in situations where the fast units are best.

DeletedUser26965

If you like the PvP aspect and plundering then you may enjoy this thread Plunder progress as for staying in IA that's up to you and what you want to do with the game so it can be quite relative to the player and their wants/needs. But if you really really want to attack everyone in your hood then you'll probably want to get out of IA fairly soon since PvP is tech locked to that age and many players won't have it unlocked so you can't attack them.

DeletedUser31882

IA has 256 FPs in tech. 268 to get the cheapest EMA tech and move out of IA.

24hrs in a day = 24 FPs per day.

268/24 = 11.166666666666667 Days.

The correct 'No what ifs but on average' answer is ~11 days.

But there are always what ifs.

DeletedUser40495

IA has 256 FPs in tech. 268 to get the cheapest EMA tech and move out of IA.

24hrs in a day = 24 FPs per day.

268/24 = 11.166666666666667 Days.

The correct 'No what ifs but on average' answer is ~11 days.

But there are always what ifs.
The average is about 3 months because some people camp for awhile and work on GBs and accumulating rewards in events and GE. I find IA a great unit to camp in, especially to level the arc (if you make enough FP per day). Not everyone races through the ages, as that is certainly not advisable if you want to level GBs, get terrace farms, perform well in events, etc.

DeletedUser40495

I personally really advise staying awhile to level your GBs, but that’s just me

DeletedUser38613

The solution to that is quite simple, you don't use butchers, you use blacksmiths.

You don't have to unlock PvP to fulfill quests at all. As you correctly stated, even if you do, you end up not being able to attack many people. You can normally fulfill them GE very easily, if you've built your city that way. If you can't, you just get the kills on the GvG map. I never had a real problem with it, but I will admit it can be inconvenient. And if you don't have the GvG option, you have to be sure to plan GE accordingly. And one time a week, GE is closed.

You're right about people complaining about EMA and the troops, but I have no idea why. I don't find it significantly more difficult than IA. The "secret" is using Heavy Cavalry fairly often, and most people refuse to see horses as useful troops in almost any age, in almost any scenario. Sometimes they are in EMA, and IA, but more in EMA in my opinion.

Moving from IA to EMA, one of the big changes is the artillery is a lot weaker, and I think people fall in love with ballista in IA and then don't like catapults as much in EMA, and thus dislike the age. Clearly the relationship in IA is ballista own archers, but in EMA, they are relatively significantly weaker against Mounted Archers. Heavies are relatively stronger (nothing does significant damage to them), and so are horses, since range units and artillery units do very little damage to them, and their relationship with lights and heavies is pretty close to what they had in IA.

Of course, by extension, champs are useful in EMA, but they take so long to heal, I typically use HC in situations where the fast units are best.
ehI don't know man. The mounted Archers seem weaker than the Archers from IA. If I wasn't so dead set on staying to build an Arc (or two lol), I'd jump right to middle age. But I'm competetive and see a NUMBER of people in my hood with EMA town halls but SO MANY GBs (including Arcs) that I can't help but compete in that space. But how do you expand your space while camping. You don't get any more expansion techs while camping and I'm not sure how to quickly build up medals.