• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

how long would it take to rush to SAT on a new world?

Hevan05

this is not my main world, its a new world i started on round a month ago. i'm playing solo on this world not doing much in treams of GE n GBG

i have x5 cartographer's house's
i'll have the current event building at max lvl for goods

i plan on have mainly buccaneers bay's
For GB's i only plan on getting Arc Obs LoA Chateau Frontenac Traz SVt & Blue galaxy for Frag Farming an maybe SBM for coin boost

Darkest.Knight

Since all of my extra towns get used for making farmers I'm really slow to move them along, don't really remember how long it's taken to get my oldest to SAT; it's in yrs not months, lol.

Hevan05

i figured it take at lest something like 2 or 3 year's to get to EOC right now I'm just framing my Cartographer's for frags going slow since i only have 5 lol. + when i finally leave IA i will be jumping to CA or Indy i don't like any of the Middle age's. for now would probably be best to join a small guild to start trying to build up banked FP n getting CF prints.

Pericles the Lion

I'm pretty sure that everything needed to age up can be purchased with diamonds. If so, the amount of time to rush to SAT could be a matter of hours...just keep pulling out the credit card.

Hevan05

I'm pretty sure that everything needed to age up can be purchased with diamonds. If so, the amount of time to rush to SAT could be a matter of hours...just keep pulling out the credit card.
i have never bought diamonds the only time i've spent money was buying those 5 Cartographer house's

Emberguard

Difficult to say how long it'll actually take in practice. Depends on how quickly you can set everything up. Hypothetically you could probably do each Age within 2 weeks if you're able to keep pace with game difficulty

There's 21 Ages. So 14 days x 21 = 294 Days (hypothetically)

In reality while you can get through the first 6 Ages within a month, you'll later be slowed down by Special Goods and by extension the Map. So then your speed will be determined by how many Ages you can gather Special Goods for simultaneously.

2 years sounds pretty decent.

Techtree requirements from Stone Age to end of Titan:

Forge Points:
Coins: 2,513,809,537
Supplies: 2,771,626,716

Goods (per good in each Age - so multiply by 5):
  • Bronze Age: 175
  • Iron Age: 256
  • Early Middle Age: 354
  • High Middle Age: 421
  • Late Middle Age: 660
  • Colonial Age: 690

• Industrial Age: 1,000
  • Progressive Era: 1,400
  • Modern Era: 1,600
  • Post-Modern: 1,800
  • Contemporary: 2,000
  • Tomorrow: 1,635

• Future: 1,750
  • Arctic Future: 1,220

• Promethium: 24,850

• Oceanic Future:3,770

• Orichalcum: 21,650

• Virtual Future: 2,395

• Mars: 10,000

• Mars Ore: 21,850

• Asteroid Belt:13,500

• Asteroid Ice: 22,150

• Venus:14,000

• Venus Carbon: 23,045

• Jupiter:16,925

• Unknown DNA: 13,950

• Titan:12,200

• Crystallized Hydrocarbons: 11,650

Hevan05

i knew it wasn't gonna be easy to do without spending thousands of dollars to do it on day 1. once i hit FE i its gonna be slow but that's fine, mainly want to see what the high ages are like.

xivarmy

I've done VF in ~1 year self-sufficiently on a brand new world (i.e. with no free GB goods). Probably with ~2-4 months of "wasted" time where i lost interest at points and didn't try as hard. I think if one were supremely determined SAT in 1 year could be possible without excessive diamonds (there will best be some diamonds used towards the end of the process but in an amount you can make on the world in question doing GE and quests).

Phases:

1) Rushing to AF: It's just FP and goods, the better your event performance, the faster you can get there. You'll need to win a decent number of reno kits and spread out their use appropriately as well. 2 weeks per era or so should be possible before this. So ~6 months. A little less maybe if you get a super-profitable event as eventually you might hit your stride and be ready to effectively skip some of these ages. Make sure to push continent as hard as you can.

2) AF/OF: The biggest most durable blocks, hence you want to get here quickly. Promethium and Orichalcum will take you a few months to get through normally. They're prohibitively expensive to diamond. The only thing you could potentially do to speed it up in a reasonable manner is if you had a large amount of FP and access to SAAB goods and blueprints you could powerlevel, delete, repeat space carrier - but you probably *don't* have the resources for that if you're putting your resources towards rushing and on a new world. Also note you now *need* to be working continent for much of this time or the next step is going to SUCK - hopefully you already were. There's hundreds of provinces between AF + OF + VF to get through with a day or more of scouting time each. It's not awful to diamond some of those scouts (50 diamonds each regardless of scout time) - but you still want to minimize having to do so.

3) VF/Pre-SAM prep: It's pointless to move to SAM until you've conquered or are at least ready to conquer its continent map because you need map for the ore. You should have enough diamonds to scout the last ore deposit before you move up.

4) Rushing space ages: Ultimately you're back to special goods being the limit - but unlike promethium and orichalcum, you can burn your diamonds to rush these reasonably. Use a 30 diamond rush on the most expensive ore scout and you can get 3+ ore per diamond. As soon as you're able to move up to the next space age and have its map ready or about-to-be-ready, move up if you need to minimize diamonds and then build a bunch of synthesizers for the previous space ores you're still missing. How fast you can do a space age depends on the diamonds you've earned to this point - this is where you can spend them well - either on scouts to get the next map ready sooner or rushing ores. Space ages take probably ~a month each without diamonds. But they also have a lot of diamond quests that can (with CF) payout enough to rush the map and ore scouts needed to rush the era. So you could really do them as fast as the pre-AF ages (or even faster because by now you have a lot more infrastructure, even if they are a lot more expensive of ages).

So overall tips:

- keep active at map, keep your scout busy to save diamonds.

- if F2P, target earning diamonds as much as possible.
- - Do GE4 as early as reasonably possible (2nd week is possible, but it might slow you down more than you want at that point as you'll probably be negotiating and would rather have the goods to advance possibly) and consistently.
- - Chateau Frontenac as early as possible and levelled to a good point whenever you have spare FP to maximize quest diamonds. You'll also be able to use it to keep up on coins and supplies that aren't always offered from good event buildings, and will get a good portion of your space age goods from story/side quests. Probably the *most* important GB for the process (though you may want to work in an Arc as well to help target blueprints for it, and Blue Galaxy because it just gets better as event buildings do. Space Carrier and/or AI Core is worth having in AF/OF if you can get the goods and blueprints)

- get to AF as soon as possible as AF and OF special good blocks cannot be efficiently diamonded and building up the resources to speed them through with space carrier powerlevels (multiple tens of thousands of FP and hundreds of blueprint sets) probably is slower than just tackling them head on.

- Target population sources in some events by the time you get to space ages. Being able to move on early and build many synthesizers saves a lot of diamonds (or time). And you need a lot of population for a lot of synthesizers.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

You probably do it in a year or so if you really hurried and got AI core and SC to high levels to help with special goods and played a good amt each day and did good amt of GbG always for more fp-spending diamonds would be expensive to hurry it along too lol

Hevan05

i don't know if i'll be doing GbG yet.. i already do a few hundred hit in GBG on 2 worlds
thanks for all the tips

Dursland

With Space Carrier I got from FE to Mars in less than 40 days, but there's no avoiding the wait in each of the Space Ages.

You have to mine 20,000+ ore each in Mars, SAAB, and Venus before you can move up - or you'll have to dedicate city space to synthesizers.

Jupiter not as bad, only about 14,000 there. Still gonna take a while.

Coach Zuck

With Space Carrier I got from FE to Mars in less than 40 days, but there's no avoiding the wait in each of the Space Ages.

You have to mine 20,000+ ore each in Mars, SAAB, and Venus before you can move up - or you'll have to dedicate city space to synthesizers.

Jupiter not as bad, only about 14,000 there. Still gonna take a while.
it's about 5000 diamonds to rush the largest of each ore site to get 20k ore, if someone does want to spend diamonds, that's a lot more efficient than buying any goods you don't have from the tech...
considering that's just a couple extra rounds of event currency it might be a good place to put money in for some.

xivarmy

it's about 5000 diamonds to rush the largest of each ore site to get 20k ore, if someone does want to spend diamonds, that's a lot more efficient than buying any goods you don't have from the tech...
considering that's just a couple extra rounds of event currency it might be a good place to put money in for some.
And you also have the option to "just" rush the first ~10k ore, and then do the second 10k with mass synthesizers after you move up. At which point the story diamonds (with a decent CF) can cover the rushes if you want.