• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to connect Google Account to existing Game Account?

Alligator023

I am relatively new to FoE, and want it to be a bit easier to sign in when opening it up (I play in-browser if it matters)

WendyEJ

I am trying to sign into FOE via sign in page but where sign is It is all white Unable to enter username and pswd
Playing on PC but leaving for holidays and want it on tablet
Need to play in Browser as well

Emberguard

I am trying to sign into FOE via sign in page but where sign is It is all white Unable to enter username and pswd
Playing on PC but leaving for holidays and want it on tablet
Need to play in Browser as well

URL: https://us0.forgeofempires.com/page/

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Sharmon the Impaler

Yeah, my default browser is Chrome, but I’ll use MS Edge just to make websites into apps. All you’ll see when it opens is FOE, it’s not bad in this case
Be careful with that , technically it is a third party app accessing the server not the app that they authorized. Even a script kiddy knows that SQL injection protection is only as good as the creator of the app and if people do this then you may find yourself on the wrong side of a ban email.

WendyEJ

Yes it goes to that page but where I am suppose to sign in is blank Have a square with a sad face on it
Says play google refused to connect

Disgruntled Veteran

Be careful with that , technically it is a third party app accessing the server not the app that they authorized. Even a script kiddy knows that SQL injection protection is only as good as the creator of the app and if people do this then you may find yourself on the wrong side of a ban email.

The app created by ms edge is nothing more than a link that opens a dedicated webpage, no different than opening the game on a web browser, except faster

Last edited:

Mor-Rioghain

I also use Chrome instead of my default browser Edge & I don't understand a thing you said here. Can you explain this in plain, layman's. non-techie English? Thanks! :D (You lost me around "knows that SQL injection.....").

Sharmon the Impaler

FoE uses a database to store your information in and the industry standards for this is MSSQL or MySQL which are database programs (pronounced SeeKwaLL). This data base uses requests to access it (statements). Injection is where you take the statement before it is sent and make it ask for something else immediately after the database authorizes the statement as valid. This can do anything from reading other members info to adding items to your account to even completely erasing the database or worse changing the indexing (how it is ordered and accessed). Indexing is worse than total erasure because one would be noticed immediately and an emergency restore would be done. The index change may go for a few weeks doing anything from giving someone 2-3 Arcs , turning their coins into FP and a host of other nastiness , this would be a game killer and could not be recovered.