• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

how to increase productivity

Pericles the Lion

i am new to the game, i have red productivity, how to i get that to go up
I think you are referring to "Happiness" and your "smiley" face is not smiling and, instead, appears angry. If so, you need to build enough cultural buildings and/or decorations to get the smiley face to turn green. Go to your build menu and select either "Cultural buildings" or "Decorations" to see your options. Hovering over the smiley face will tell you how much happiness you need to add. While you're at it, check to see that you don't have more people than you need. The number alongside the people icon (top left) is your "available population". In the early ages it is best to keep this number as low as possible (more people means more need for happiness).

Karen Isaacsdottir

Decorations do not require roads, and they are the most useful (because you don't have to build a road and use coins and supplies). Another way to increase happiness is to upgrade your roads, to go from path to gravel road to paved road.

Ebeondi Asi

Decorations are to be avoided. All mature players say do not add decorations, and if they are called for in a Quest? build and delete the immediately.
The reason to avod decorations: they use up space. (and space is the biggest restraint challenge in the game) and decorations suck up aid from other players, wasting it. Build somethng that does something besides happiness!