• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I have some questions/comments for discussion.

Pericles the Lion

I watched your video on that, but only now did I process it lol. I'll be building a seed vault!
I have SVs in all of my cities. They are nice diamond factories. I'm keeping a close eye on production now because I'm not sure how widespread the use of Nutcracker Guardhouses will become. The use of Mass Self Aid items might throw a wet blanket on Seed Vaults.

I absolutely love the Seed vault, but finding SV's to contribute to for additional bps is hard... so many people do not have them. I have one in almost all my cities .. the newer cities I am working on getting goods and bps to build one
and regarding city layout issues, the improved Reconstruction mode ( where you can do some work and go back to the city without losing progress) is really nice.. I just really hate playing Tetris :confused:

Pericles the Lion

I absolutely love the Seed vault, but finding SV's to contribute to for additional bps is hard... so many people do not have them. I have one in almost all my cities .. the newer cities I am working on getting goods and bps to build one
and regarding city layout issues, the improved Reconstruction mode ( where you can do some work and go back to the city without losing progress) is really nice.. I just really hate playing Tetris :confused:
On one of my worlds another player reached out to a bunch of other players that had low level SVs and set up a SV Levelling thread that included as many of these players that wanted to join. I jumped in and was able to collect more prints than I could ever use in a very short time. I copied the idea in two of my other worlds where I was having problems getting prints. It worked there as well. I now have SVs over L95 in 2 of my 5 worlds and the others are well along. Just a thought.

Darkest.Knight

SV diamonds are pretty rare until u get over at least lvl50; at 70 it's maybe every 3rd day. It's does reasonably well on goods rewards, I got 60 of each recently; helps doing SAT buidlings.

UBERhelp1

Just send some friend requests to players leveling their seed vaults, set up a leveling thread, and go from there. I (sorta) accidentally started a wave of people getting/leveling their seed vaults in my guild lol

Disgruntled Veteran

I have SVs in all of my cities. They are nice diamond factories. I'm keeping a close eye on production now because I'm not sure how widespread the use of Nutcracker Guardhouses will become. The use of Mass Self Aid items might throw a wet blanket on Seed Vaults.

Which is why it's important to stress to everyone that mass self aids should be used right before collections, not right after. Inno was probably hoping this would lessen how many diamonds are given out.

Pericles the Lion

Which is why it's important to stress to everyone that mass self aids should be used right before collections, not right after. Inno was probably hoping this would lessen how many diamonds are given out.
I don't think INNO gave the MSAs potential impact on Seed Vaults a bit of consideration. The reason that SV prints are so hard to acquire is that they are unpopular. They were before the release of "Aid All" and, to my surprise, remain so. If INNO was going to nerf a diamond producing building, SV would not be their first choice.

Disgruntled Veteran

I don't think INNO gave the MSAs potential impact on Seed Vaults a bit of consideration. The reason that SV prints are so hard to acquire is that they are unpopular. They were before the release of "Aid All" and, to my surprise, remain so. If INNO was going to nerf a diamond producing building, SV would not be their first choice.

Regardless it would be best for everyone to use MSAs before collecting, not after.

Xenosaur

Re: Expansions - City Layout

Agreed it is scientifically a 2 dimensional layout. (one dimensional in its creative value :) )

While I agree that not being able to rotate the buildings is a challenge it inevitably ends up with cities having very little artistic value. I happen to think its an all to often overlooked aspect of foe. Some players enjoy building cities for the sheer enjoyment of having something unique or pretty to look at. At any rate it would make a difference in the limited amount of expansions one is able to acquire in foe.

While it doesn't address expansions per se please let me offer another suggestion that might have merit. How about offering buildings that aren't always squares or rectangles? I'm not taking about the Cherry Gardens, Harvest Barn collections, etcetera. I think as something exciting and new without a great deal of programming challenge that would spark a lot of creative energy is L / U / T shaped buildings.

FoE looks to me as it's actually trying to represent a 3D object view in an isometric or orthogonal projection. Yeah, that's a mouthful and a lot of math (and even worse when you unwrap that math..), but you can find examples of that type of projection using google image, for the keyword(s): Orthogonal projections, or go here and see the family :)

Math phobic, it's daunting to tread here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_projection