• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I need some feedback ( Reconstruction Mode )

The North Wind

So I made a quick draft for a city redesign, and I am looking for feedback on what to change

OGCityRecon1.pngThe original layout

CityRecon2.pngThe draft I made ( Work in progress )

Ignore the oracle of delphi ( Its there as a joke )

Mor-Rioghain

Road efficiency is a definite improvement!! You might want to consider two things;

1. For temp items like backsmiths, run them on the outside edges of your city grib (towards unpurchased land) in the areas where you will need them for say, even production. I don't remember what the requirements are in HMA, but generally 6 or 12 is ample for all but the 24-hour productions.
2. Consider nesting your Town Hall, using only the minimum number of road pieces to either GBs or large event items. (See KingJMobile's guide on this) - very well-written and if nothing else, it does get the 'brainstorming' about your personal desires/city acuisitions in the mode to consider change(s).

Good luck, the improvement is very interesting!!

PJS299

If I were you, I would either get rid of all but one of the Musketeer Ranges, or get rid of all of them and build one Grenadier Barracks. Also, try putting your Town Hall in the back corner of the grid and having roads stretch out from there, like your original layout. That is going to be the most efficient. Try to fit every building into a grid with only straight roads, and as little space in between as possible. Any extra space you can fill with Sentinels, Tacticians, Watchfires, or Victory Towers. If you can, get rid of that pillar thingy next to your Delphi. It is a waste of space. This layout isn't bad! You did a good job!